Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rokudou continues to be one of the best current running shounen series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A thought: Go-Toubun no Hanayome is the exact same thing as We Can't Study, but with better art/humor/characters and only somewhat mediocre overall instead of outright bad.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Rokudou continues to be one of the best current running shounen series.

Emiya Shirou spotted (from Ch. 22)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

A thought: Go-Toubun no Hanayome is the exact same thing as We Can't Study, but with better art/humor/characters and only somewhat mediocre overall instead of outright bad.

I like We Never Learn quite a lot, after reading the first three chapters of this, I couldn't call them the exact same. The 'poor boy helps multiple girls study' angle is surprisingly close, but that's as far as it goes. That said it is funny and the art is really pretty so thanks for mentioning it here!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Nate RFB posted:

Mostly true, but the retards in We Can't Study are cuter than the sameface sisters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think Miku (Headphones Sengoku Nerd) and Yotsuba ("eeeeh" Ribbon girl from Nichijou) are very cute.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

I honestly dislike this more, something about the whole cast rubs me the wrong way

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Double post oops

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all harem stuff is the same thing in the end but I will say that we can't study's art is very cute imo

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Nate RFB posted:

I started reading this out of curiosity, reached the end of volume 2 (chapter 14) and OF loving COURSE the protagonist and the five girls knew each other from years before but they don't realise it yet, can't do without that shonen romance trope no siree.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
is it time again for the two minutes hate for shonen romance already?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The World God Only Knows was rad as hell and I miss it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

is it time again for the two minutes hate for shonen romance already?

I can go for way longer than two minutes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

...four minutes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But what about Rokudou, Sharkopath?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nate RFB posted:

My monster secret was very good, don't forget that!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

That's shonen friendship, not shonen romance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

That's shonen friendship, not shonen romance.

hosed up that you trample on Ranna's pure feelings like this.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jujutsu kaisen

more like

ninjutsu kaisen

IM DRAWING PARALLELS TO NARUTO

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think We Never Learn is better than The World Only God Knows because the former at least has funny jokes.

rvm
May 6, 2013

chumbler posted:

It owns, but it's 10% romance at best, which is understandable, since it has never really been a harem and the main love interest is basically Terminator.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

it kinda fell apart in the latter half but the first part is still insanely strong

it also had a p. good ending

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:siren: :siren:
Satoshi Mizukami is finally doing a mecha manga, the mecha manga we always dreamed he should.
:vince:

rvm
May 6, 2013

This first chapter was so Mizukami it hurts :allears: There's also going to be an anime.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Who is mizukami?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Darth TNT posted:

Who is mizukami?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511289

Also appears to be a Young King OURS joint so I think it's technically seinen, again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hell yeah

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The existence of Prunus Girl retroactively justifies the existence of all the bad shonen romance

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Also appears to be a Young King OURS joint so I think it's technically seinen, again.

Okay, that sounds amazing. Guess I have some stuff to catch up on. And I'm really in the mood for a mecha or powered armor series, so this is probably perfect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The go spend time with your family attack is amazing.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, I mean, I suppose~, but like I've always felt that his work was, like, right on the border between shounen and seinen. It sure has the hot blood and themes of friendship and saving the world and so on down pat.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Can't wait for it to be in SRW in like 10 years.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

That poor guy is probably getting court-martialed the second he lands though... :(

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Planet With is getting an anime as well. I believe this would make Mizukami's 1st anime so I've got hopes it goes well so we maybe get other stuff?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Can you even imagine a spirit circle anime? The scenario changes would be episode to episode whiplash. Not that I wouldn't want that. :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Planet With is getting an anime as well. I believe this would make Mizukami's 1st anime so I've got hopes it goes well so we maybe get other stuff?

They should get The Pillows to do the soundtrack.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

Can you even imagine a spirit circle anime? The scenario changes would be episode to episode whiplash. Not that I wouldn't want that. :v:

I could swear that some scenes in Mizukami manga are written with an anime adaptation in mind. Like for example in The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, the final chapter, when Yuuhi asks Samidare "So, how do you feel?" and Samidare gives a V sign and says "Invincible!" is the exact moment where in an anime the first opening theme would start playing and the credit rolling over the final part of the final episode.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 16, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New we can't study is heartwarming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Did... Did we never learn just pass the Bechdel test?