Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

She was still under the NDA. She can draw all about it now.

Non-Divination Agreement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

counterfeitsaint posted:

So far every movie plus AoS has always taken place in real time*. The MCU could easily turn into a massive clusterfuck if they started airing things that take place out of order and I genuinely hope they never do. Despite the fact that nerds are constantly theorizing that they are.

*except for obvious period pieces that are clearly taking place in different decades like Carter and Ms Marvel or future travel

Speaking of real time, did the last few episodes of AoS take place over one day?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

counterfeitsaint posted:

So far every movie plus AoS has always taken place in real time*. The MCU could easily turn into a massive clusterfuck if they started airing things that take place out of order and I genuinely hope they never do. Despite the fact that nerds are constantly theorizing that they are.

*except for obvious period pieces that are clearly taking place in different decades like Carter and Ms Marvel or future travel

That's actually slightly incorrect. Gotg2 takes place a few years earlier. And Captain Marvel ist set in the nineties.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And Ant-Man and the Wasp is going to take place after Civil War.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

twistedmentat posted:

Every movie from now on will take place before Infinity War. The next season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will take place in the 80s so Peggy Carter can come back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Is there an official statement on that? I thought it was alongside it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That would be really stupid and it will get needlessly complicated. I hope Antman and Wasp at least have bookends that take place in the present and most of it is a flashback, like Captain America.

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's actually slightly incorrect. Gotg2 takes place a few years earlier. And Captain Marvel ist set in the nineties.

Whom I mentioned right in the post you quoted. Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, whatever. I'm not going to pay that much attention a character's name if they're named after the company that created them. The only indication GotG2 isn't in sync is based on a text from the director after the fact.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
The official Marvel FB page just posted that Season 6 is now official.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Great news!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

counterfeitsaint posted:

The only indication GotG2 isn't in sync is based on a text from the director after the fact.

And the explicit on-screen date stating the year it takes place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CaveGrinch posted:

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Rhyno posted:

Is there an official statement on that? I thought it was alongside it.

It's kind of obvious it takes place after Civil War from the trailers.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
13 episodes for Season 6. I’m totally fine with that.

Now how do we get them to finish off Agent Carter with 13 episodes...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

It's kind of obvious it takes place after Civil War from the trailers.

I got my wires crossed thinking of IW so ignore me. It obviously takes place post CW.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

CaveGrinch posted:

Yay! Even though this season has been uneven it's still my favorite show on TV.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

CaveGrinch posted:

Somebody must have ABC's balls in a vice over this show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slashrat posted:

Somebody must have ABC's balls in a vice over this show.

Yeah. Good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/996105343108345856

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CaveGrinch posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I wonder where they can go from here...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yeah. Now I don't have to worry about the finale feeling too grim

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

CaveGrinch posted:

13 episodes for Season 6. I’m totally fine with that.

No word on timing yet, I'm betting the shorter season allows them to come back after next year's Infinity War conclusion to avoid any mess!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gelf posted:

No word on timing yet, I'm betting the shorter season allows them to come back after next year's Infinity War conclusion to avoid any mess!

That would essentially make it a summer season show, which could happen I guess? But it seems awkward to go almost a full calendar year from the end of season 5 to the start of season 6.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CaveGrinch posted:

Forums poster Barry Convex, you will be right one day about SHIELD being gone...

But not this day.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Isn’t the Captain Marvel movie gonna have Coulson in it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Invalid Validation posted:

Isn’t the Captain Marvel movie gonna have Coulson in it?

Yep! And pre-eyepatch Nick Fury

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jivjov posted:

Yep! And pre-diet Nick Fury

Fixed.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
You know with that 13 ep run you can have it start with Captain Marvel to cash in on Coulson-mania and then finish with Avengers 4...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

J33uk posted:

You know with that 13 ep run you can have it start with Captain Marvel to cash in on Coulson-mania and then finish with Avengers 4...

That sounds like a plan.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

J33uk posted:

That would be an excellent way to end the show. If only they can tie in Peggy Carter somehow.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'd never have thought this show would get renewed. Obviously I'm super happy though. It just seemed super unlikely.

It'll be great to have a season without Coulson -- not that I necessarily want him dead, but I'm excited to see a season that puts Daisy running SHIELD as an issue front and centre of the narrative.

Plus, almost definitely probably maybe no HYDRA.

But maybe Ward! And a second Fitz!

(And Deke. I think fun Ward and fun Deke could be a great pairing.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oasx posted:

Great news!

For Jeb!Deke!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'd never have thought this show would get renewed. Obviously I'm super happy though. It just seemed super unlikely.

We do this dance literally every year, every season, every time. Inevitably chat starts about WELP THIS IS THE LAST YEAR IT WON'T GET RENEWED like one episode in, it spreads like wildfire, and then at the end of the year we're all shocked and surprised that it got renewed for another year even though there's literally zero evidence to say it won't be.

Trying not to be all :salt: about it because it really is endearing in the end, but c'mon. Pattern recognition. :nallears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

We do this dance literally every year, every season, every time. Inevitably chat starts about WELP THIS IS THE LAST YEAR IT WON'T GET RENEWED like one episode in, it spreads like wildfire, and then at the end of the year we're all shocked and surprised that it got renewed for another year even though there's literally zero evidence to say it won't be.

Trying not to be all :salt: about it because it really is endearing in the end, but c'mon. Pattern recognition. :nallears:

It's the same dance as "Surely this time the movies will reference AoS and pretend it exists." :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's the same dance as "Surely this time the movies will reference AoS and pretend it exists." :v:

I am supremely judgemental of MCU fans who still cling to this nonsense more than I shun opening weekend viewers who don't stay for the post-credit scenes

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So with only 13 episodes (not 22), is it safe to say season 6 would definitely be the last season? Has there ever been a show that went from full to half order and kept getting renewed? I love this show and would gladly watch 5 more seasons or whatever, but I have to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Xtanstic posted:

I am supremely judgemental of MCU fans who still cling to this nonsense more than I shun opening weekend viewers who don't stay for the post-credit scenes

People do this?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cocks Cable posted:

So with only 13 episodes (not 22), is it safe to say season 6 would definitely be the last season? Has there ever been a show that went from full to half order and kept getting renewed? I love this show and would gladly watch 5 more seasons or whatever, but I have to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Elementary.

It had weak s5 ratings in the Sunday timeslot but got a surprising renewal for s6 with 13 episodes. CBS then decided to increase the episode order from 13 to 21 before it premiered. Then it got renewed for s7 after a few s6 episodes aired(shifted from Sunday for s5 to Monday for s6 and it just started airing a few weeks ago). No idea on the episode count for s7.

I guess the difference is that apparently Elementary does gangbusters for CBS in the international markets.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

People do this?

Yeah, there are 'people who try to wrap their heads around when this is happening concurrently to the movies' and 'people really mad that no Avengers showed up to deal with Hive or Aida.'

I'm not annoyed that I can't figure out where to put this in the MCU Historia, personally, but I know it bugs other people.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CornHolio posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I wonder where they can go from here...

I'm thinking the shortened season wasn't just a network mandate, but a way to up their budget again. Less, higher end episodes.

That said I'm VERY glad it's getting that 6th season (and 13 episode season shows can work just fine so I'm not going to bitch at all) to punch out on because I too was worried about the finale just being pure poo poo.

Chokes McGee posted:

A lot of it is pattern recognition from other shows/franchises which get axed all the time.

Frankly I think the only thing that truly saved the show is the fact it was a cornerstone of Phase 1; it shouldn't end until Phase 1 does, which goes double for the way it's got to tie in with Infinity War now.

Seriously Marvel would get no end of backlash if the finale stinger was just half the team disintegrating (IW SPOILER); it'd be the worst way to end a show since Farscape.*

* Yes I saw the movie they put out to give it a proper ending after, and yes it is very much worth watching if you liked the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Elementary.

It had weak s5 ratings in the Sunday timeslot but got a surprising renewal for s6 with 13 episodes. CBS then decided to increase the episode order from 13 to 21 before it premiered. Then it got renewed for s7 after a few s6 episodes aired(shifted from Sunday for s5 to Monday for s6 and it just started airing a few weeks ago). No idea on the episode count for s7.

I guess the difference is that apparently Elementary does gangbusters for CBS in the international markets.

13 episode seasons can work great, though I like the mini-season pods AoS has been doing. I'm not disappointed with 13. Game of Thrones was great at 13.

Then GoT went to 7 and I can definitely say, that's way too loving few for any show that's not planned as a mini-series or series of mini-movies.

As a side rant I will say as much as I love SHIELD I rather it end high at 6 then go 'full retard' like GoT did last season. Pretty effects without a brain in it's head.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cocks Cable posted:

Nothing is definitive, but I'd be kinda surprised if it got a 7th season. And I kinda want season 6 to be the last one. This season has definitely been the worst since the first, the writing has taken a bit of a downturn, and the budget cuts definitely hurt it.