Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Empress Brosephine posted:

What is “the best looking game” out now? Is it even on Xbox one x? Lol

Wind Waker HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Empress Brosephine posted:

What is “the best looking game” out now? Is it even on Xbox one x? Lol

quantum break (except for the lack of animation when aiming lol)
ac origins
rise of the tomb raider i guess
that one hunting game with the crazy forests
hitman
witcher 3 (characters and animations are showing their age but everything else is ace)
battlefront 2
hellblade
hzd
uncharted 4
god of war according to some people
that steampunk ps4 exclusive interactive movie from a few years ago lmao

so yeah a couple

also metro is coming and that will own because metro is great + theyre doing new tech including some early implementations of ray tracing which is neat

Mung Dynasty fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 14, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is a weird conclusion to come to. It's the best console for 98% of games.

lol what? Xbox One doesn't even get 50% of games, not to mention the two dozen games with PS4 Pro patches but not Xbox One X patches, or the hundreds of games which aren't patched on either console so they generally run better on a vanilla PS4 than an Xbox One X.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
FC5 is also pretty good in the graphics department.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

univbee posted:

lol what? Xbox One doesn't even get 50% of games, not to mention the two dozen games with PS4 Pro patches but not Xbox One X patches, or the hundreds of games which aren't patched on either console so they generally run better on a vanilla PS4 than an Xbox One X.

i mean, yeah, xbox one is lacking in such high-quality titles as life of black tiger and dragooned (brought to you by former goon the d, famous for the smash hit known as the demon rush), so really, i don't even know why anyone would bother buying one at all at this point.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I really don't know why I bought a Bonx: Multiplats running a at slightly higher resolution is nice, but really not that much of a differentiating factor compared to my PS4 Pro. It's really lacking in the exclusives department, while PS4 is getting great titles left and right. I'm really not looking forward to Crackdown 2, Gears of War x or Forza Horizon 40.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

i havent played god of war yet but the idea that theres more than 2 or maybe 3 actually legitimately unmissable and amazing sony exclusives is nuts to me

if we stop pretending that knack 2 is a must-have then it really comes down to feature set and controller preferences which is pretty much entirely subjective to you

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mung Dynasty posted:

i havent played god of war yet but the idea that theres more than 2 or maybe 3 actually legitimately unmissable and amazing sony exclusives is nuts to me

if we stop pretending that knack 2 is a must-have then it really comes down to feature set and controller preferences which is pretty much entirely subjective to you

Except PS4 does "core features set" much better as well: The Xbox menu is atrocious, with all the worst ideas (separate guide) brought forward from the 360. Creating screenshots, something I like to do, means pressing a button on PS4, going through the guide on Xbonx. Everything seems cumbersome and unintuitive. And the menu on this "true 4k" console is running at 1080p.

I can easily list more than three great PS4 exclusives just off the top of my head:

Infamous Second Son/First Light
The Last Guardian
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War

People are also raving about games like Bloodborne, Everybody's Golf, Shadow of the Colossus or Yakuza 6.

When are we Xboners getting some potent exclusives?

Lambert fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 14, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mung Dynasty posted:

I’d say if you don’t feel that way about more than 3 not-on-Xbox titles you probably aren’t into this whole gaming thing (which is probably good). Yeah there’s some bad stuff in that pile for sure but the library is deep as hell, covering tons of genres (exclusively in some cases).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah I guess if you just totally ignore exclusives, i.e. the entire point of buying one console over the other, then it's a wonder the XB1 isn't doing better.

For the record it would be great if the XB1 did have some desirable exclusives since competition is the only thing that keeps console manufacturers honest. Game Pass is a great idea and it only exists because MS is the underdog here.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm sure the next straight-to-gamepass release State of Decay 2 will totally be the one.

:laugh:

For real though I was a big SOD1 fan and all the previews I'm reading make me wonder wtf those guys were doing for the last 5 years.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Game Pass is a great idea and it only exists because MS is the underdog here.

Mind you, a pretty big chunk of what few desirable games on the service there are is getting pulled next week.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The real test of the Game Pass strategy is when the new Forza Horizon, which represents the better half of their only functional franchise, comes to it in the fall. SoD is obviously a second tier series and even MS must have known what SoT was actually shaping up to be.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imo own all the consoles when possible

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

own every edition of every console.

(orders 175 3dses from Japan)

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

univbee posted:

you probably aren’t into this whole gaming thing (which is probably good)

this is a possibility ive been considering lately because i used to own all systems to play all games but i recently sold my ps4 as part of a decluttering/downsizing thing after i gazed upon my ps4 collection and realized id only played bloodborne all the way through and really none of this matters

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

That used to be true until this generation. Even the Dreamcast and Wii U had more games that made those consoles worthy of a buy. The Xbox one just has the "big" 3 that haven't been that big in awhile.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont play the big 3 i play like dead to rights

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Lambert posted:

Except PS4 does "core features set" much better as well: The Xbox menu is atrocious, with all the worst ideas (separate guide) brought forward from the 360. Creating screenshots, something I like to do, means pressing a button on PS4, going through the guide on Xbonx. Everything seems cumbersome and unintuitive. And the menu on this "true 4k" console is running at 1080p.

Xbox you press two buttons to record or you can just say it out loud.

I guess your point of the menu being 1080p is true but I really don't care if my menu is in 4k.

And I'll lol in anyone's face if they think Sony's online and UI is better than Microsoft. The PS4 UI has you scrolling for days, is laggy, and is so spread out that its a huge pain in the rear end.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 14, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lambert posted:

Infamous Second Son/First Light
The Last Guardian

lmfao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tlg is amazing. Janky but insanely good

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Real hurthling! posted:

Tlg is amazing. Janky but insanely good

lmfao

Beastie posted:

And I'll lol in anyone's face if they think Sony's online and UI is better than Microsoft. The PS4 UI has you scrolling for days, is laggy, and is so spread out that its a huge pain in the rear end.

both consoles have really bad ui, you people are arguing about degrees of suck here

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Cool, Xbox's UI sucks less.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The UIs are trash, but they arent like, DS trash.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm sure the next straight-to-gamepass release State of Decay 2 will totally be the one.

:laugh:

For real though I was a big SOD1 fan and all the previews I'm reading make me wonder wtf those guys were doing for the last 5 years.

I've been watching SOD2 streams today and I'm not seeing much to differentiate from SOD1. Looks like it will be just as boring as SOD1 eventually ended up being for me.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

imo the guide sidebar is really fast and convenient and doing stuff like checking downloads/switching apps/jumping to settings/taking video/starting a stream is at most 2 dpad presses and one face button press away and u can do it all by muscle memory after a point

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Previewers who had 4 hrs with it said its identical to the first but has like a plague mechanic added and also way fewer cars in a much larger map which sounds bad

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mung Dynasty posted:

imo the guide sidebar is really fast and convenient and doing stuff like checking downloads/switching apps/jumping to settings/taking video/starting a stream is at most 2 dpad presses and one face button press away and u can do it all by muscle memory after a point

Yea I like the guide sidebar. Basically renders the home screen obsolete, though I wish they'd left the pins on its front instead of hiding them in a tab.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Got my duke controller in, it feels real good. The center screen(home button) where the og xbox boot screen is played makes an ultra satisfying clicking sound when played. So of course I'm just clicking that button non stop. Also the controller feels real good.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Beastie posted:

Cool, Xbox's UI sucks less.

Not really. Much easier to get to where I want to go on the PS4. It's also not laggy in the least, but that may be due to the fact I have an SSD in mine.

Beastie posted:

Xbox you press two buttons to record or you can just say it out loud.

That's markedly worse for spontaneous screenshots. And Kinect is discontinued.

Mung Dynasty posted:

Very unfortunate the main menu is such a mess.

BattleTech posted:

Got my duke controller in, it feels real good. The center screen(home button) where the og xbox boot screen is played makes an ultra satisfying clicking sound when played. So of course I'm just clicking that button non stop. Also the controller feels real good.

Why would you buy that thing.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The duke owns and has a clear pedigree from the Dreamcast controller, which was also amazing and good.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Finster Dexter posted:

The duke owns and has a clear pedigree from the Dreamcast controller, which was also amazing and good.

the gently caress

the dreamcast controller sucks dirty unwashed rear end in a top hat

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the gently caress

the dreamcast controller sucks dirty unwashed rear end in a top hat

I'm scoffing at your small handedness

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Lambert posted:

Not really. Much easier to get to where I want to go on the PS4. It's also not laggy in the least, but that may be due to the fact I have an SSD in mine.

That's markedly worse for spontaneous screenshots. And Kinect is discontinued.

Very unfortunate the main menu is such a mess.

Why would you buy that thing.

Cortana/ Xbox works with a headset, and the buttons are Home then Y, I don't think that's super loving difficult or different than Sony's tiny little button nudged out next to DS4's gigantic trackpad.

Also I can see my captures on the app, and several 3rd party sites without having to dump it on youtube or facebook where it will look like garbage.

Sidebar is great

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Beastie posted:

Cortana/ Xbox works with a headset, and the buttons are Home then Y, I don't think that's super loving difficult or different than Sony's tiny little button nudged out next to DS4's gigantic trackpad.

The problem is the fact it's so intrusive. With the PS4, I can just take a couple of screenshots without having to open any kind of menu. That's convenient.

Didn't know about the headset thing, but mine is connected to a PC with an optical in so I can use the same wireless one for my PS4 and Xbox.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo I forgot the duke was coming out

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Lambert posted:

The problem is the fact it's so intrusive. With the PS4, I can just take a couple of screenshots without having to open any kind of menu. That's convenient.

Didn't know about the headset thing, but mine is connected to a PC with an optical in so I can use the same wireless one for my PS4 and Xbox.

Quick question as I think I might be confused, can you long press / short press the share button for screenshot versus video?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Beastie posted:

Quick question as I think I might be confused, can you long press / short press the share button for screenshot versus video?

You can set it either way in "Sharing and Broadcasts"

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Lambert posted:

I use to be able to shout at my TV to record a video and then my Kinect broke :(

( it was literally the only reason I used the Kinect and now it's gathering dust in a wardrobe somewhere )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und
I don't know if anyone reads this thread for recommendations on the online game store, but I got The Sims 4 and Darkest Dungeon on xbox one a few weeks ago and they are both super good. Sims 4 is the first mainline sims game that feels like an actual sequel to me. Darkest Dungeon is essentially an RNG simulator but it establishes and maintains a consistent emotional tone really well.