Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Jun is blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Blessed by the big G.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Dire Lemming posted:

Blessed by the big G.
Gundou isn't very big though

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

A Bystander posted:

I can't believe Jun is about to get beat up by four people

The four people doesn't even include Carol's boyfriend - Jun aids in beating himself up somehow.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Dire Lemming posted:

Pretty sure that's a foul.

Death by penalty kick.

https://youtu.be/josEPIBNhEw

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

That's it. Jun has finally gone and set his fate. He has to marry Carol now. Tomo can be the best man as his wedding. She can marry Misaki.

I can't believe I didn't see this coming. Of all the possible outcomes....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun is going to will himself to death out of shame and fear.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
:carol: :munch:

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Mikl posted:

[Komm, süsser Tod playing in the background]

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I wonder at which point Tomo is just going to go full Tsugumi on Jun's rear end.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats that from

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
no don't

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have no real context for this image

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nisekoi

And you'll regret asking.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Tollymain posted:

i have no real context for this image

Sigh, fiiiiine.

It's Nisekoi

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Mirage posted:

Sigh, fiiiiine.

It's Nisekoi

Aaaand too slow.

Aaaand Q != E.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It's a RomCom that goes on for so long and spins its wheels so deep into the ground that it can't possibly have a good ending, and then predictably doesn't. Tsugumi is literally the only good part of Nisekoi, and even her shtick got tired after awhile.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont actually have to read it now that i know what its called

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
weird, why cant i see my posts in this thread all of a sudden

e: and posting that fixed it i guess????

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tollymain posted:

It does that. It has to do with like the internal clock and cloud flare or something like that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tollymain posted:

you must pay the post tax in order to see posts

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if posts could pay lowtax's medical bills id be a hero

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tollymain posted:

I wish I couldnt

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rude

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also upon looking up a summary nisekoi sounds like a v unsatisfying read, my condolences to those here who were following it lmao

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is that the one with the blond-haired main girl?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It was a perfectly mediocre thing that just refused to resolve any character relationships until maybe the last 25 chapters, wherein characters are rushed off stage one by one so we could get to the big, stupid ending.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Is that the one with the blond-haired main girl?

Yeah, that one.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Nisekoi is a cute and funny story about a boy and girl who are forced to pretend to be lovers to placate their feuding families but actually hate each other. Funny hijinx happen, they both learn things about the other and start to get over their differences. It all culminates in a school performance of Romeo and Juliet where our heroes are (of course) the leads and the girl realizes that she's in love with her fake lover for real.

And then after that 170 more chapters happen.

Oh and there's this key/locket subplot nonsense involving everyone being childhood friends with each other except it goes nowhere and becomes so inconsequential that even the principal characters involved are like "why do we care about this key stuff again?" by the time we reach the end and plays no role in how it concludes.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 14, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Super Jay Mann posted:

Nisekoi is a cute and funny story about a boy and girl who are forced to pretend to be lovers to placate their feuding families but actually hate each other. Funny hijinx happen, they both learn things about the other and start to get over their differences. It all culminates in a school performance of Romeo and Juliet where our heroes are (of course) the leads and the girl realizes that she's in love with her fake lover for real.

Oh and there's this key/locket subplot nonsense involving everyone being childhood friends with each other except it goes nowhere and becomes so inconsequential that even the principle characters involved are like "why do we care about this key stuff again?" by the time we reach the end and plays no role in how it concludes.
I was recommended nisekoi early on and I am glad I did not pick it up

what other shonen romcoms are good besides TWGOK and MMS

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Super Jay Mann posted:

This sounds right up my alle-

Super Jay Mann posted:

Dammit Japan why-

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh and there's this key/locket subplot nonsense involving everyone being childhood friends with each other except it goes nowhere and becomes so inconsequential that even the principle characters involved are like "why do we care about this key stuff again?" by the time we reach the end and plays no role in how it concludes.

I feel like there's a smilie or reaction image for this. I don't have the will to even look for it.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

I hear Tomo-chan wa Onno no ko is pretty good, you should pick that up.

(Serious answer: We Can't Study is essentially a Nisekoi-like but done way better.)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mousou Telepathy

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mirage posted:

I hear Tomo-chan wa Onno no ko is pretty good, you should pick that up.

(Serious answer: We Can't Study is essentially a Nisekoi-like but done way better.)

I'm in the middle of reading this. Is it actually good? (Glasses girl is best girl so far)

Negima is good if you don't mind Ken Akamatsu, or the Romcom becoming a (good) battle manga after three volumes. The sequel is currently running in a monthly format.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To is both funnier than Nisekoi (and I'm the one who begrudgingly liked Nisekoi for its humor right up to the end) and 100% less irritating.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Super Jay Mann posted:

This actually managed to be dumber and more pointless than the Promise Girl hook from Love Hina. Especially since it wasn't technically resolved until the very end, instead of, like, halfway through the thing.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Super Jay Mann posted:

That part was pretty good.

quote:

That part was less good but still had it's moments.

Mirage posted:

I like it's alt title more, We Never Learn, cause it's way more in line with the tone of the manga. The characters have the same Nisekoi problem of being static as hell, but it's better cause there's actual relationship development and there's no locket nonsense. Also it's way more up in the air who's gonna win over the MC, which usually isn't the case, like, you'd start reading any given rom-com and just know who the MC will end up dating by the end, but in We Never Learn it's still debatable.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Mousou Telepathy

the correct answer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To is both funnier than Nisekoi (and I'm the one who begrudgingly liked Nisekoi for its humor right up to the end) and 100% less irritating.

I only made it like 10 chapters into that one. It seemed to be sticking to a fairly sedentary gimmick, while relatively funny, felt like it was a bit in limbo.

Mousou telepathy is indeed very good yes, there's a bit too much lewdness early on but there's a downright incredible twist involving the lewd stuff that is really really good

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

PerrineClostermann posted:

I'm in the middle of reading this. Is it actually good? (Glasses girl is best girl so far)

As good as it gets for pseudo-harem romcom shounen.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Captain Invictus posted:

I only made it like 10 chapters into that one. It seemed to be sticking to a fairly sedentary gimmick, while relatively funny, felt like it was a bit in limbo.

Mousou telepathy is indeed very good yes, there's a bit too much lewdness early on but there's a downright incredible twist involving the lewd stuff that is really really good

Keep reading, Kaguya definitely goes places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hakoiri Drops is technically shounen, I think???

I also think Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is good. And Uwagaki was good, though it's over now.