Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’ve seen a few people say something like this. When you’re talking about “leveled pretty high” can you be more clear? I’ve been on the fence about bringing her up, but I need another villain and am debating her or Thor for the cosmic team.

At skill level 4 or 5 (I forget which, sorry) you get 2 evades and 2 counters per skill use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I too pulled 50 Ronan shards. :shepicide:

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’ve seen a few people say something like this. When you’re talking about “leveled pretty high” can you be more clear? I’ve been on the fence about bringing her up, but I need another villain and am debating her or Thor for the cosmic team.

Sure. Some characters have breakpoints where their skill go from crap to really REALLY good. Nebula has those, but they come really late when you're leveling her. So if you don't know that they're there and you get into the early game blue skill mats crunch then you're definitely not going to invest the purples you'd need to so you can get the most out of her.

A couple of other big jumps off the top oh my head:

Quake get an extra 130% earthquake dmg
Widow get an extra turn on her haste and two extra stacks of bleed on her stun.
Night Nurse gets two extra stacks of regen on her aoe heal
Thanos gets an extra .3 modifier added to his resistance bonus (brings it up to about 7k extra resistance at 60, which is insane)
Hawkeye's blind will hit every single person on the enemy team.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

At skill level 4 or 5 (I forget which, sorry) you get 2 evades and 2 counters per skill use.

It's 40ish for the two counters and 50 for the 2 evades, which yeah is a huge investment.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

zeroskippy posted:

Hawkeye's blind will hit every single person on the enemy team.

I kept reading that this upgrade was bugged and wouldn't Blind anybody. Is that still the case?

WLMortis
Sep 28, 2001
Nebulosis Defunctus
Slippery Tilde
I applied to Groot Squad as WLMortis. If I am too lovely for GS (I am pretty lovely), are there any other goon alliances with openings?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
fiddy kangpin today gents. I can add another star!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I also got enough shards to get a star.

I got Jessica Jones from 1 to 2.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Unlocked kingpin today and 4*'d Thanos today, good poo poo

So anybody thinking the next big thing is a wave of Black Order raids to shore up Thanos' team options

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Game Informer interviewed FoxNext a few months ago.
The usual kind of talk for this, but they discuss getting the X-Men license for the game (and how Marvel's basically not giving out Fantastic Four to anyone, rip Gaz).

quote:

Does the X-Men license loop in Deadpool?
It sure does. And with Deadpool 2 coming, we are going to do something really big for that.
Since Deadpool 2 releases Friday, I'm expecting something along X-Men lines, at least.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Night nurse at 60 is great. Rip gold.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Eddain posted:

I kept reading that this upgrade was bugged and wouldn't Blind anybody. Is that still the case?

Not sure, I haven't been able to afford it yet. Trying to put together a cosmic team is draining all my resources.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Speaking of cosmic, should I upgrade a healer for it? Right now I'm rocking Yondaddy, Thor, GamGam, Drax and Thomas. I'm only a few missions in so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

Speaking of cosmic, should I upgrade a healer for it? Right now I'm rocking Yondaddy, Thor, GamGam, Drax and Thomas. I'm only a few missions in so far.

Who even is the cosmic healer??

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MarcusSA posted:

Who even is the cosmic healer??

Ravager Stitcher does the traditional healing, Kree Oracle gives regen.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Anything past three turns and Yondu can pop out a healer (or a beefed up Gunner to end the fight that much sooner)

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
We need one more in I am Goon!

We are 80%+ on level 50 raids so we need someone of reasonably high level that uses discord.

Edit: filled.

jerkstores fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 14, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hah, my Hawkeye just won a 1v3 in Blitz when he blinded all of them and they missed every attack :haw:

Is Hawkeye the only character that can Blind? It seems really good

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Hah, my Hawkeye just won a 1v3 in Blitz when he blinded all of them and they missed every attack :haw:

Is Hawkeye the only character that can Blind? It seems really good

Well there's scientist supreme...

Star-lord can also blind, whenever they actually release him. Mordo has a blind theme too

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hawkeye seems like one of those characters that if you got him early he will have a permanent spot on your team but if you get him late you might as well not bother with him.. Because frankly, I have no idea who I'd bench for him. I can't even bring myself to bench Cap for Thanos even though his power level is much higher. Thanos and Drax head up my B team. Drax isn't very happy about it.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Those 15 free Thanos shards hit the spot.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Been playing this solo for a while but I'm feeling the resource bottleneck now.

Who's got an alliance slot so I can get in on some blue cube action?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I left Great Lakes Goon Squad because I decided I didn't want the grind, so they might have a spot.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Already in the Discords but might as well repost it here.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStrikeF/status/996494722549145601

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
...If they put up some ridiculous promotion, I might have to pay money to get Deadpool.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

YE BE QUALIFYIN FOR CABIN BOY

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
drat, I was really hoping he'd get the blaster tag.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh and one more for the mercenary with a mouthenary.

His preview video: https://youtu.be/VdlZGnp9ejU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

First they remove Crossbones Inhuman tag. Then they make Deadpool a Mutant.
What's next?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Question IRL posted:

First they remove Crossbones Inhuman tag. Then they make Deadpool a Mutant.
What's next?

Isn't he a Mutant?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Isn't he a Mutant?

Well he’s owned my Sony sooooo yes?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MarcusSA posted:

Well he’s owned my Sony sooooo yes?

Isn't he owned by Fox? Along with all of the X-Men?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Isn't he a Mutant?

Nope. His powers were given to him in an experiment.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So was Wolvies and I assume a million other mutants I don’t know.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Wolverine was a mutant with healing powers, iirc. The experiment was for the adamantium additions. Unless this has been retconned or changed in whatever timeline.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Invalid Validation posted:

So was Wolvies and I assume a million other mutants I don’t know.

No? Only the adamantium skeleton was given to Wolvie through an experiment. The healing, claws, and enhanced senses we're all mutant powers he was born with.

Edit: goddammit

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh yea I suppose you’re right.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Codependent Poster posted:

Nope. His powers were given to him in an experiment.

I thought the experiment just enabled his mutant powers? That's how I remember it playing in the movie at least. But I'm probably remembering wrong.

Fake edit: Googling around, consensus seems to be that he is considered a Mutate. "In the Marvel Universe, a mutate is anyone who started life as a genetically normal human being, who later received powers upon having their DNA being changed in an event."

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So in other words the difference between mutants and inhumans is semantics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

So in other words the difference between mutants and inhumans is semantics.

Inhumans were essentially marvel trying to make new mutants not called mutants so they could put them in movies

• Locked thread