Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
true, which is this deserves so much scrutiny, otherwise it doesn’t change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
At least it's better than

He bought his ooooown plane ticket

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
usually it's much funnier when the Lions gently caress up

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

That was such a dumb talking point by the Bears.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Soothing Vapors posted:

usually it's much funnier when the Lions gently caress up

Those wonderful days when the worst thing naked coaches did was go to Wendys

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I ask you, is going naked through a drive-thru really a crime? Come on.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I ask you, is going naked through a drive-thru really a crime? Come on.

*as you are being arrested nude at Burger King* I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/973956823727378433

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/999037527762898952?s=20
Hell yeah unleash the whole hog

NFC North Thread: Packers tweets

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

schweens posted:

NFC North Thread: Packers tweets

https://twitter.com/MarcedesLewis89/status/999781017987756032

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

let's just load up the offense with big giant tall dudes

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

The best Bears fuckup was scheduling a press conference to introduce Dave McGinnis without ever actually making him a contract offer.

Michael McCaskey was a special kind of stupid.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I see Gutekunst is resolved to solve the TE issue for the Packers once and for all

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Anthony Barr bailed on OTAs after the first day. Don’t blame him, hope he gets paid.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

WHOOPS posted:

Anthony Barr bailed on OTAs after the first day. Don’t blame him, hope he gets paid.

He needs to be extended irregardless of his good play by just enraging Packers fans at the mere mention of his name.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

He needs to be extended irregardless of his good play by just enraging Packers fans at the mere mention of his name.

Why am I mad at him?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
for breaking aaron rodgers, obvi

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Eh, I didn't think the Barr hit was dirty so I have no hard feelings really. Sometimes your hall of fame qb gets broken and you spend the season thinking of the forward pass as a distant memory

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I was so drunk when I posted that I don't even remember doing it. Honestly not very far from that point now. I don't regret it or anything though. There's a lot of cool fans of the packers out there and I even like hanging out with them, but there's also that contingent out there that was calling for barr to be suspended or whatever.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
In related news, I made fucken great brats yesterday

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Post your brat recipes:

saute sweet onions in butter in a big pot
add two cans of mgd
boil brats
put brats on grill for 2-3 minutes per side
lightly butter the brat buns (NOT hot dog buns) and place on the grill until char marks appear
serve with mustard, sauerkraut, and onions from the pot. NO KETCHUP ALLOWED

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Mine was very similar, but I used bacon grease instead of butter to caramelize the onions (I was serving German potato salad on the side, so I had a cast iron skillet full of bacon grease on hand) and I skipped the kraut at the end. The beer-soaked onions from the skillet are the best topping ever, the sweetness is just a fantastic complement to the other flavors going on.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Same but I also will put them back in the beer after grilling. Sometimes I add maple syrup with the beer for regular brats.

Hungarian is my favorite type of brat. Usingers is the best brat brand but I almost always buy from local butchers. Johnsonvilles are super meh.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

hope my wife gets this job in St. Paul so I can get away from New England's idea of good brats (Johnsonville), and their hot dog 'buns' (seriously what the gently caress are they doing here). god i miss good brats in the summer with a good beer.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1002235327891890176?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rodgers still busted great.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

Rodgers still busted great.

Yup. Sounds like a mad attempt to spin it as, "our new CB's are gonna be great," but I read that and think, "Crap! He's broken."

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I hope he tests the lions CBs the same way.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LabyaMynora posted:

Yup. Sounds like a mad attempt to spin it as, "our new CB's are gonna be great," but I read that and think, "Crap! He's broken."

Seriously? The guy throws fewer picks than anyone ever.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
True, but Rodgers looked like pretty off when he came back for one game. It’s easy to be pessimistic and read this news as him still being busted.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

https://twitter.com/SchroederWBAY/status/1002972166344847360?s=19

Clay Matthews is already in mid season form

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Megatron on retirement, though I found this passage most interesting:

quote:

“It had to surprise him, cause then he told me to wait around and he got the GM and stuff,” Johnson said. “But I knew there was going to be a problem once Rod talked to me and the first thing out of his mouth was like, ‘Did you earn all your bonus?’ I was like, ‘Oh, poo poo.’ I knew right then it was going to be a problem. I was like, ‘All right, I see how it’s going to be.’ ”

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
When someone says you've signed with the Browns...

quote:

“No, it’s not accurate,’’ Kendricks said in a brief phone interview about reports he will join the Browns. “I don’t know who the (expletive) said that. That (expletive) is (expletive). Whoever said that (expletive) is (expletive). That’s all I have to say, man. I’m not really talking to anybody else about it. It’s (expletive). I don’t like people like that. I don’t respect people like that. And that’s all I have to say. Thank you.’’

link

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bakh is really good

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-packers-ot-david-bakhtiari-selected-no-33-on-the-pff-50

quote:

However, the real feather in his professional cap came in 2017, where he allowed just one sack, two hits and nine hurries on his 455 pass-blocks and he ended the year with just 12 pressures against his name at an average of just one surrendered per game. His pass-blocking efficiency of 98.0 was not only the highest of his career to date, but it’s tied for the fifth-best mark ever recorded by a tackle with at least 500 pass-blocking snaps in a single season.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Yeah but :qq: the packers (and only the packers) get away with holding on every play :qq: so you've got to dock him a few points

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Yeah but :qq: the packers (and only the packers) get away with holding on every play :qq: so you've got to dock him a few points

it's true

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Blotto Skorzany posted:

:agreed:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Blotto Skorzany posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

He’s a Lion :colbert:

• Locked thread