Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Silver Drachma for Ariarathes V of Cappadocia (168-130 BC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

I bought some art (prints) for a new, slightly more modern apartment. I don’t know art or what’s considered generic doctors office art but I like Leonid Afremov so thats what I got. Not my pics or my apartment, but these are the prints and sizes I got.

Also note that measuring, hanging and leveling 3 piece canvases is a bitch.

The second one is hands down my favorite. I think I have a thing for rain and bright colors.

Nice! I really love those paintings! I know they're all mass produced in Guangzhou province, but I'm a sucker for the colors in these paintings :3:

I actually bought one awhile ago myself :hfive::

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
A comic and new headphones (second one was my birthday present)

The headphones are aaaaamazing :syoon:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nice! I really love those paintings! I know they're all mass produced in Guangzhou province, but I'm a sucker for the colors in these paintings :3:

I actually bought one awhile ago myself :hfive::

You better play that washboard. So help me if you don't play the washboard in a jug band I'm going to be heartbroken.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Got a buncha new assorted arrows, arrow puller, and a new bow string
I also got the bale for free from a moving company.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I ordered a bluetooth obd scanner because I just wasted an hour this morning trying to get my car inspected only for it to be rejected because apparently not all the emissions sensor data was ready.

I changed my battery like a month ago, and apparently in all that time I still haven't done something necessary to get some of the emissions information ready and of course the tech at the inspection station wouldn't even tell me which ones it was, so apparently getting an OBD-II reader is the only way I can avoid wasting massive amounts of my time.

Edit: When it arrives I guess I'm also going to have to buy Torque Pro.

mystes has a new favorite as of 22:29 on May 12, 2018

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

mystes posted:

I ordered a bluetooth obd scanner because I just wasted an hour this morning trying to get my car inspected only for it to be rejected because apparently not all the emissions sensor data was ready.

Edit: When it arrives I guess I'm also going to have to buy Torque Pro.

Both those things are very worth it. I have the same one (different branding, but looks identical)

Don't leave it in all the time, despite the neat info. If I left mine in, and it reached a certain temperature (like - 10c, it was winter) it would cause every single warning to come on at the same time and scare the hell out of me. It would also not acknowledge that there was a fault, so I thought my entire car was effed. Turns out it was just my laziness.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

We bought a non IKEA sofa and the process has been overwhelming. So many options and so many different companies it's hard to get a good judge on whats considered quality or not for the price point. Sofas can go up in price very fast. We settled on a Sherrill.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

mystes posted:

Same but I can get a 2 month extension every time I take it in with no cutoff so Im just gonna ride it out as I only dive the dumb rear end truck once a month and keep the battery disconnected the rest of the time.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

George H.W. oval office posted:

We bought a non IKEA sofa and the process has been overwhelming. So many options and so many different companies it's hard to get a good judge on whats considered quality or not for the price point. Sofas can go up in price very fast. We settled on a Sherrill.

Next time just buy from https://www.cococohome.com/ , service and quality is impeccable and it's something you'll be able to pass on to your kids (that is, if you have any/plan on having any).

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Just picked up a 2011 Mazda3 GT. Ridiculously fun to drive for a commuter car.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I tried to buy a pop-up tent from Walmart for car camping, but it completely fell apart when i tried to set it up in my apartment to test it. I guess that's what I should have expected for $25, lol. Also, now I see why pop-up tents are a bad idea (if there is a problem with the poles you're basically screwed and fixing anything suddenly becomes way harder than with a normal tent).

Time to buy a real tent I guess.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

mystes posted:

Time to buy a real tent I guess.

If you dont need one immediately, keep your eye on The Clymb and Steep & Cheap. They tend to have decent sales prices on tents fairly regularly.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just buy the two person REI-brand tent. It's great and cheap.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just buy a 15'x15' tarp and roll yourself in it. Like waterproof camping burrito.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ChocNitty posted:

Silver Drachma for Ariarathes V of Cappadocia (168-130 BC)

Was he the chief hydrological and hydrodynamical engineer?

I hear they considered it a calling.

pumpie2
Nov 17, 2009
Can any goons recommend me a small backpack with lots of compartments? I've just gotten back from a weekend away and my messenger style bag just about decapitated me while walking about doing touristy things.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

pumpie2 posted:

Can any goons recommend me a small backpack with lots of compartments? I've just gotten back from a weekend away and my messenger style bag just about decapitated me while walking about doing touristy things.

Anything from Osprey. Their daylite plus is a great travel bag that can hold a ton while weighing nothing and being very comfy. I can fit a weekends travel in it including a DSLR, laptop, and puffy jacket. Lifetime warranty too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

pumpie2 posted:

I have the smallest one from Mission Workshop.
Really comfortable, weather proof, not crazy expensive.

Mine holds a Surface, Switch, two books, chargers, a buttload of pens, snacks and some misc crap.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
This monitor, 144hz 1080p G-Sync.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

A Puch Korado, early 90's. Needs some work (clutch, probably also needs the carbs jetted) but overall pretty good condition for a good price, considering mopeds are VERY popular around here and it's hard to find one for a reasonable price on CL.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
That things ugly in a good way if that makes any sense

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

big mean giraffe posted:

This monitor, 144hz 1080p G-Sync.

Why 1080p?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I like this thread. Now to finally contribute:

I got these Warby Parker glasses

Well, still waiting for them to arrive, but the test frames they mailed out to me looked and felt great.

So, for like the first ten years I wore glasses I'd always be afraid of locking myself into wearing something I'd end up hating. Or something that might draw too much attention. Or something that might end up not looking good with half my wardrobe. Plus I couldn't just get two sets. Glasses are expensive after all. So I'd always end up getting some variation of the same thing: boring ubiquitous thin gunmetal grey frames.

If this sounds similar to your own glasses shopping history, give these guys a shot. Most of them are like a hundred bucks a pop, Rx lenses and all, so you can still use your vision benefits on the usual safer pair and get a Warby on the side. I was really happy the first time I stepped outside my comfort zone and got a set that was more than just a utility.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I went to the Warby Parker store and tried out like 40 pairs and none of them fit. They hate Asian faces.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I went to the Warby Parker store and tried out like 40 pairs and none of them fit. They hate Asian faces.

Yep, I'm Asian with a big melon. Iended up grabbing a pile of Zenni ones instead. Got 3 frames for under the price of one Warby Parker.

Their sunglasses were fairly reasonably priced, too.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I went with Zenni a year ago, they were so cheap, I honestly felt bad. I then ordered another pair, got them tinted, never had prescription sunglasses till now. Both pairs, with shipping, was fifty bucks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

That things ugly in a good way if that makes any sense

That basically describes most mopeds, yeah.

Related, I bought a "Puch tool kit" that includes things like a clutch puller, piston stop bolt, spark plug socket, and snap-ring pliers:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Etrips posted:

Why 1080p?

Because having the CPU/GPU combo for running games at 1440p/4k above 80fps is a nightmare of throwing money at your computer.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dang, I'm sorry the Warby didn't work out for you guys. I'll have to look at those Zenni glasses, maybe I'll get a different brand to enjoy and recommend.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I got a used StreamDeck from ebay classifieds and I'm really surprised how well thought-out the accompanying software is. Elgato seems to put a lot of effort into improving it even more.

When I tinkered with it yesterday, I often thought "It would be neat if it could do this" - and after looking into it a bit more, it pretty much always turned out it could.

I just dabble in streaming, but it's also useful for other applications and improves workflow on so many levels. You can create and associate profiles to apps that will load automatically and instantly when that application is in focus, it's seamless.

I also have a keyboard with 18 static macro keys and it's a pain in the rear end to remember all shortcuts and hotkeys - having a small (72x72), customizable LCD screen (they added animated gifs for the buttons in an update just today) for every button is an immense QOL improvement.

I was sceptical of the product at first, especially with the price tag being beyond the impulse buy threshold for me (but I got it for nearly half that), but knowing what I know now, I would get it at full price, no qualms.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
4 pounds of morel mushrooms

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got an espresso machine. I may never sleep again.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yours is way nicer than mine, but they ooooown. What grinder did you get/have? Getting those settings right/tamping the puck is so rewarding.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a super automatic so it grinds, tamps, and steams the milk for you.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aramek posted:

Yours is way nicer than mine, but they ooooown. What grinder did you get/have? Getting those settings right/tamping the puck is so rewarding.

It's a super auto so it does the grinding and tamping. Still trying to get it dialed in. I like espresso but I'm not anal enough to want to gently caress around with the grinding and tamping and all that. I want to wake up and push button and get coffee.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Dang, I'm sorry the Warby didn't work out for you guys. I'll have to look at those Zenni glasses, maybe I'll get a different brand to enjoy and recommend.

Zenni offers magnetic clip on sunglasses, which are a game changer

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I've had this for about 2 years and can confirm, it owns.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I got one of those for Christmas last year. It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I got one pricier pair of boots because it was cheaper than fixing my other two pairs:

They are sturdy and feel durable. Mine have Vibram soles, but I got them straight out of the Red Wings shop, so I trust those guys.

Got a bunch of cigars, a jar of pu-erh tea, and will be grabbing some of this on my way home tomorrow:

I had a good week, so it's worth celebrating.