Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I still remember Brett gelmans joke from a long time ago about how Scott is exploiting his funny friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

I still remember Brett gelmans joke from a long time ago about how Scott is exploiting his funny friends

Brett Gelman doesn't tell jokes, he tells truths.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

Brett Gelman doesn't tell jokes, he tells truths.

He's a comedian, an actor, a poet, a hustler, a conman, a revolutionary, and most importantly the next Lenny Bruce, only he's going to take what Lenny Bruce did even farther!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Even Scott's joked about it before, saying there's a fine line between helping someone and exploiting them when Mike Elder complimented him on helping Lauren Lapkus in the biz on Box Angeles.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Sinteres posted:

Even Scott's joked about it before, saying there's a fine line between helping someone and exploiting them when Mike Elder complimented him on helping Lauren Lapkus in the biz on Box Angeles.

Ah, the other person in the world to remember Box Angeles

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I watched the episodes Sean and Hayes did and that's it

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I don't laugh out loud at Ming but I find him so goddamn entertaining and charming

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Unmature posted:

I don't laugh out loud at Ming but I find him so goddamn entertaining and charming

Ming only clicked for me the first time he got mad at Scott.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

I can't get enough of that and I wonder if part of it is because I'm a little mad at him lately too.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ming was on this ep? I stopped listening when it was Reggie and some musical dude, figured it would be a dud

Stitcher needs to include the guest list like the old RSS does

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

linkedin dickpic posted:

Ming was on this ep? I stopped listening when it was Reggie and some musical dude, figured it would be a dud

Stitcher needs to include the guest list like the old RSS does

Reggie and the other dude stop talking like 5 minutes into the episode as soon as Ming comes in.

Goons have no patience.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Franchescanado posted:

Reggie and the other dude stop talking like 5 minutes into the episode as soon as Ming comes in.

that sounds even worse

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fawf posted:

that sounds even worse

Yeah, cuz Reggie's known for being a talker on his podcast appearances.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think I can count on two fingers the number of eps I had to stop listening to.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LesterGroans posted:

The man will not be made the fool.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Big episode for "white people doing ethnic accents" fans.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hoo boy I didn't realize the guy who plays Ming was white. Yup, weird.

Also lends more to the argument that being a character on CBB isn't really "exposure." I didn't know anything about this guy after multiple appearances except that he's Ming and he's not interested in sports anymore.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:shrug: you've got your anecdote, I've got dozens pointing the opposite direction. Half of my favorite comics I only found out about through CBB.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

all accents are ethnic

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

wait what ethnicity is Margarite Shoes

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Texan

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOC3oqp-pi8

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

drat he's lost like 100 pounds!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

drat he's lost like 100 pounds!

What do you not watch James Corden?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I would but I died two years ago while watching Carpool Karaoke during a drive and laughing my butt off.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

feedmyleg posted:

:shrug: you've got your anecdote, I've got dozens pointing the opposite direction. Half of my favorite comics I only found out about through CBB.

I do wonder about this. CBB hasn't really introduced me to many people who I didn't already know from other projects but I definitely have a list of folks who I seek out more once they've been on the show and hooked me.

Lauren Lapkus, Carl Tart, Tim Baltz, Jon Gabrus, James Adomian, Claudia O'Doherty, Drew Tarver, Tawny Newsome, Jessica St. Clair, Mary Holland, and Neil Campbell are all people I grew to like almost entirely because of their CBB time.

With that said, I tune into the show for these people and often skip episodes with entirely new guests or with people I don't enjoy. And my enjoyment of the previous list is weighted heavily toward their CBB performances (including guys like PFT and Andy Daly who I know and enjoy in their many, many other projects), which I imagine to be true for many folks. So, is exposure helping them in the same way that their presence is helping the show? Not from my perspective, and that to me means they should definitely be paid.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, that's why the CBB multiple-guest format is so great. Listen to the episode because Paul F. Tompkins is on, but then discover a new comic you enjoy who does a wacky character in the back half. Then next time, listen to the episode for the new comic and discover yet another new comic doing the guest.

I was familiar with a handful of guests when I started listening, but I only found out about, say, Baltz, because he was in a PFT episode.

...but yeah, I'm also guilty of skipping episodes that are entirely void of people I know 90% of the time. But if they appear as a guest on Improv4Humans or Spontaneanation and I like them there, I might go back and listen to the episode later once I'm more familiar with the person. That's the brilliance of Earwolf, all its issues aside.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 15, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wouldn't know anyone who wasn't in movies if it wasn't for comedy podcasts.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Which is why it’s genius to put all episodes behind a paywall.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Either they've been teasing us or Scott heard the complaints because the boys are on the new episode

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would love to know the true numbers of HH vs. CBB. I know there are some stats out there but none of them seem to be the comprehensive picture.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The boys slut shaming Scott hit hard.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Showbout Workerman

cams
Mar 28, 2003

scott: we're gonna take a break

sean: (bratty) no

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Inventing a phone that has infinite water in it is the easy part.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Franchescanado posted:

The boys slut shaming Scott hit hard.

You like money bitch?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

cams posted:

scott: we're gonna take a break

sean: (bratty) no

the barry bonds of comedy right there

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

piratepilates posted:

the barry bonds of comedy right there

Nah man, Sean's been clean for years.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I love when people come on with inadvertent duplicates of someone else's character. You can just sense the tension in Scott trying to subtly bring that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dr Weed and Dr Green couldn't be more different