Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Even one more episode of Green Lantern would be better than a whole season of Young Justice. How can you have 30 characters and none of them more interesting than Hal Jordan’s Ship’s Computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

At least Bane has the potential to be good, since he's established to be smart and have a whole backstory in addition to having the venom thing going. Doomsday is just... Doomsday. I mean I've read his stupid retconned-in history on Wikipedia but everybody knows he only ever existed to kill Superman.

Doomsday's only purpose after the initial story should've been as this scary thing looming over Superman that nearly killed him. There shouldn't have been a rematch, let alone however many we've got. It should've just been a thing that sticks in his mind and sometimes threatens to return but never quite does. At least that's my view of it. If you do the rematch and Superman defeats him straight up it deflates the character almost entirely and cheapens the initial story. And he doesn't have enough going on to be used in a story that isn't a punch-fight, so just don't use him again.

The only decent-ish use of Doomsday I've seen was in Booster Gold, where a weakened and disoriented Doomsday was misguidedly used by the US government as a weapon in some alternate timeline and Booster stopped it. But that only worked as essentially the ending of Booster's journey in the previous continuity. He faced the thing that nearly killed him in one punch and not only lived, but actually managed to stop it. He did the same thing Superman did, sorta. So he really is a hero. Ride into the sunset, and reset the continuity!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 15, 2018

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New pic of YJ S3

Wait, are they seriously doing another time skip/ cast change?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

JT Smiley posted:

Of course, why would you tell stories about established characters that people like when you've got DEEP LORE and world building to explore? :v:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And this is all going according to the Light's plan

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They should've just done a Young Justice Unlimited, have a rotation of young heroes every episode.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'll forgive it if the mythical season 7 is Young Justice: One Million.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
They know fans will be excited to see whatever deep pull they can from DC lore. Show Metamorpho. Mention....I dunno, Rainbow Raider. People go nuts. The timeskip between S1 and S2 of YJ sucked eggs though, so seeing another one is not the best.

TwoPair posted:

At least Bane has the potential to be good, since he's established to be smart and have a whole backstory in addition to having the venom thing going. Doomsday is just... Doomsday. I mean I've read his stupid retconned-in history on Wikipedia but everybody knows he only ever existed to kill Superman.

That's fair. I was just talking to a friend the other day about villains that kept coming back even when they probably shouldn't have. Lots of 90's guys. Venom also came up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Fairly sure the Yellow girl is Solstice.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

TheHan posted:

Disappointed Supergirl isn't in this to get punched so hard it turns her face into putty and traumatizes 10-year old me.

Say what now? I never actually read that comic..

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ThermoPhysical posted:

During that period DC was insistent on having Superman be the only living Kryptonian, so whenever they wanted to introduce a character who had been Kryptonian in the old continuity they would change it so they were something else, Supergirl in that period for example was an artificial lifeform with shape changing abilities

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

In fact, they convinced everyone that Clark Kent strangely vanishing at the same time Superman died didn't mean he was Superman by having Matrix (that Supergirl) turn into him and hide under some rubble after Supes came back, so Supes could be seen "rescuing" Clark.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

Honestly that's probably what should happen to anyone who gets punched by Doomsday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Why use well-liked characters like Kid Flash and Superboy when you can have Geo-Force and a Parademon?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
If it weren't for Nightwing I could see that more as a Secret Six than Young Justice

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Honestly that's probably what should happen to anyone who gets punched by Doomsday.

As someone who wasn't reading DC comics regularly at the time this was really confusing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kurui Reiten posted:

In fact, they convinced everyone that Clark Kent strangely vanishing at the same time Superman died didn't mean he was Superman by having Matrix (that Supergirl) turn into him and hide under some rubble after Supes came back, so Supes could be seen "rescuing" Clark.

Personally I like best the excuse Clark used for disappearing for two months during the Bizarro arc in All-Star Superman where he claimed he got trapped in his bathroom and survived due to having 3 gift baskets and the complete works of Shakespeare on hand

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Holy poo poo Batman: Ninja is glorious. Best part: Detective #27 giant Batman mecha made entirely out of millions of linked-together monkeys covered by a layer of millions of bats

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Lamont posted:

Holy poo poo Batman: Ninja is glorious. Best part: Detective #27 giant Batman mecha made entirely out of millions of linked-together monkeys covered by a layer of millions of bats

It fukken ruled

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

As someone who wasn't reading DC comics regularly at the time this was really confusing.

The deal with that was that she was a putty clone of supergirl that was in love with Lex? Something along those lines

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

The deal with that was that she was a putty clone of supergirl that was in love with Lex? Something along those lines

And Lex was a redheaded twink with a ponytail pretending to be his own long-lost son from Australia. Also a clone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

I don't know if they were in love but they sure had a lot of sex.

business hammocks posted:

And Lex was a redheaded twink with a ponytail pretending to be his own long-lost son from Australia. Also a clone.

I really wouldn't use the word "twink" to describe this man.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 16, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Seeing that really makes me hurt about losing my collection of DC trading cards. At least I still have all my Marvel cards.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ok I don't really know where else to post this, but apparently Splatoon 2 has been doing a Splatfest (basically a vote-by-playing thing where you pick what option you like best and play against people who picked the other option, and the wins are tallied to decide which option won) about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon running currently, and the question has been a bracketed "which ninja turtle is the best" and the finalists are loving Raphael and Donatello.

This is outrageous and unacceptable and proves we live in a disgustingly unjust world.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, we all know it's a toss-up between Slash and Venus de Milo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Ok I don't really know where else to post this, but apparently Splatoon 2 has been doing a Splatfest (basically a vote-by-playing thing where you pick what option you like best and play against people who picked the other option, and the wins are tallied to decide which option won) about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon running currently, and the question has been a bracketed "which ninja turtle is the best" and the finalists are loving Raphael and Donatello.

This is outrageous and unacceptable and proves we live in a disgustingly unjust world.

It's because Michaelangelo fans are too busy getting laid to participate Leonardo fans don't actually exist.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the one that's a turtle.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The best one is Blastoise.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Lurdiak posted:

Raphael and Donatello.

Angry nerds voicing their opinions?! On the internet?!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/io9/status/997543361530736641

:psyduck:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The Amazing World of Lion-O

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Oh Jesus Christ

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I probably won't watch it, but I probably wouldn't have watched a revival more faithful to the original cartoon.

Didn't they do one a decade or so ago?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Skwirl posted:

I probably won't watch it, but I probably wouldn't have watched a revival more faithful to the original cartoon.

Didn't they do one a decade or so ago?

2011. it was really bad.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah they tried a super serious one that no one watched, so it will be hilarious to see 20-30 something year olds complaining about this new cartoony one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Twitter is already on it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'd take a lot of failed attempts at Teen Titans Go - which this doesn't look like, it looks more like Adventure Time to me - over a completely botched attempt to do a serious series that ends up having nothing of substance.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think people only get cross at silly versions of previously serious shows rather than shows that start off silly.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Thundercats is probably the worst of all those nerd golden calves from the early 80s. If anybody wants to tear out any interesting stuff and rework it into something decent more power to them.

Would want to see that in motion but that's a fine art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Twitter is already on it

"I can't jack off to this Cheetara at all!" :argh: