Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Roman can't even get cheered over the oldest heat standby in the business: hostile to crowd, unlikable foreign heel. Is Vince getting some opposite-day alternate dimension feed or something?

I mean the UK is racist as poo poo but the boat for booing an "Indian" for being Indian kinda sailed like 3-4 decades ago

Make him a Romanian or bring back Mohammed Hussan and yeah you'd wind up the gammon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I didn’t watch, did they change the crowd reactions?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Roman can't even get cheered over the oldest heat standby in the business: hostile to crowd, unlikable foreign heel. Is Vince getting some opposite-day alternate dimension feed or something?

Vince is sundowning, by the time Raw comes on he's busy screaming for steak wraps and hallucinating.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Teddybear posted:

I didn’t watch, did they change the crowd reactions?

I think there's not enough time between taping and airing to mess with the broadcast too much

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The spoilers said there were boos and This is boring chants during Sami's segment so they changed that at least.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

Already announced:

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Winner decides the stipulation at MITB

The New Day vs The Bar - MITB Qualifier

Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega make their SD Live Debut Tonight

Carmella presents her Royal Mellabration

Results as they happen:

Daniel Bryan makes his way to the ring for an interview with Renee Young

(Fans will literally not stop chanting "Daniel Bryan" over the interview - Huge ovation)

Daniel Bryan says his goal is to become WWE Champion - is interrupted by Big Cass (who is met with chants of "Who are ya")

Big Cass says he will continue to follow and keep beating down Daniel Bryan - "Is DB a loser? Yes. Should DB have stayed retired? Yes. Should DB take his ball home and be a stay at home Father? Yes." (Small chant of "Where's Carmella?".) - DB begins to beat down Big Cass (focusing on the injured knee) officials come out to separate the fight. DB continues the beat down. DB heel hooks Big Cass, Cass tapping out. More officials separate DB and Cass while Cass limps to the back. - End of Segment.

The Miz makes his way to the commentary table.

The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) vs The Bar happening now

(The winning team chooses ONE member of the team to enter the MITB Ladder Match)

(The Miz playing up on commentary that New Day have done everything they can as a team - he is interested to see what they can do as singles competitors)

The New Day defeats The Bar - The New Day can choose one member to enter the MITB Ladder Match

Someone on Reddit is posting the spoilers as they roll in. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/8jnm8w/spoilers_smackdown_live_taping_results_thread/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Big fan of Cass' gimmick of loser who gets the poo poo beat out of him.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Paige backstage promo with Mandy and Sonya. Paige sets up Mandy Rose vs Sonya Deville vs Becky Lynch Triple Threat MITB Qualifier

AJ Styles backstage interview with Renee Young. AJ says no matter what stipulation he picks, everyone will be entertained expect The Con Artist Shinsuke Nakamura.

The Mandy/Sonya/Becky match seems awfully familiar. I'm experiencing some deja-vu/similarities here. :thunk:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
if they're pulling the trigger on a Big E solo push with the briefcase, I'm at least mildly interested

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh my god, get ready for a real bad match next week:

quote:

Rusev and Aiden English backstage promo

Lana shows up - says she just found out it will be Lana vs Billie Kay next week for a MITB Spot

It will be on Rusev Day ect ect.

Royal 'Mellabration up next

A Town Crier introduces Carmella. (met with What chants, obviously)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

if they're pulling the trigger on a Big E solo push with the briefcase, I'm at least mildly interested

Yeah this would be cool but I doubt it will happen.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Set for Money in the Bank: Carmella vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Title.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Set for Money in the Bank: Carmella vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Title.

As someone that has tickets to MITB... I've never been so unexcited to see the women's division on PPV in June.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Becky qualified for MITB.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah this would be cool but I doubt it will happen.

yeah, I really doubt it too. Big E in a feud against heel champ Nakamura could be fantastic. Even better if Nakamura gets some heaters to match Kofi and Xavier

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/996471661934202880

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

hope big rear end keeps his loser gimmick goin'

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why are they making so many matches that neither participant can afford to lose

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Samoa Joe vs Big Cass MITB Qualifier announced for next week

Samoa Joe selfie promo, says the only thing thats big on Cass is his mouth. Intense promo, Cass will come up short, says he only targets people smaller than him. Joe now targets Cass. Joe views Cass as an obstacle he will put to sleep.

Shinsuke Nakamura defeats AJ Styles via Kinsasha (Nakamura faked a low blow to cause a distraction)

END OF THE SHOW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cass losing would make the most sense because obviously the Bryan feud isn't done and Bryan already has nothing else to do at the PPV if it's not "match with Cass"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/996475970516340736

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Becky qualified for MITB.

:yaycloud:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nak faked another low blow, then beat Styles with a Kinshasa clean

Chris James 2 posted:

Speaking of taping, advertised for SD is Styles/Nakamura nontitle, winner chooses stipulation for their title match

Congrats Nakamura for getting your only win of the feud

Now that sports betting is legal, life savings on Styles retaining at MITB is a good call

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Cass losing would make the most sense because obviously the Bryan feud isn't done and Bryan already has nothing else to do at the PPV if it's not "match with Cass"

Since his return Cass has tapped out to Bryan once in a match and once in a segment. If he loses to Joe as well he's going to look about as threatening as Carmella.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Miz and Joe's promos sound like face promos to me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao my god I might have to actually watch SmackDown next week to see Cass get real life murdered.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

lmao my god I might have to actually watch SmackDown next week to see Cass get real life murdered.

Uhh... you mean tonight? :confused:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Uhh... you mean tonight? :confused:

Cass/Joe's next week

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm glad Aj and Nakamura had a good match. Also, I'm really hoping this doesn't mean AJ retains at MitB.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I can't believe an angle for the most important championship in all of wrestling, with two of the best world class wrestlers, involves nut shots.

Wait what am I saying I'm not surprised at all.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Cass/Joe's next week

Oh I get it. I was thinking of Bryan murdering him tonight. :getin:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The SD women's division is dead if Carmella beats Asuka clean.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

The SD women's division is dead if Carmella beats Asuka clean.

Neither would I, but I don't think its going to happen, to be honest. I can see Carmella winning through shenanigans if neither of the IIconics are in MITB this year. But I imagine if that happened, the feud would continue and it would be very likely that they have Carmella drop the title at Extreme Rules, because I doubt WWE wants to have Carmella entering Summerslam as champion. Jinder you could make an excuse for as they were trying to break into India.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

fart blood posted:

I can't believe an angle for the most important championship in all of wrestling, with two of the best world class wrestlers, involves nut shots.

Wait what am I saying I'm not surprised at all.

They aren't going to main event MitB

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

They aren't going to main event MitB

Best case is they're placed 2 matches before the real main event. Again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AJ has been champion since November and has a grand total of one PPV main event in that time

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

AJ has been champion since November and has a grand total of one PPV main event in that time

And even that one match he lost.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

It's become extremely clear to me since Backlash -- since the end of the Cena feud, AJ has done nothing of note and in fact, it seems like somebody in WWE is going out of their way to waste the last couple years of his window as a top-tier performer as much as possible. Including giving us a bunch of "Wow, AJ Styles vs. [x]? They can't POSSIBLY gently caress this up!" feuds.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
even factoring in the steep curve for WWE booking, AJ Styles has been the best-booked full timer since his debut

they haven’t hosed him up at all! it’s astounding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
also does it count as tanking a guy to waste his time if he's your top champion

i mean he's not being utilized as well as he could be on ppvs thanks to roman year 6 or w/e but still