Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, it's a show I that I haven't necessarily remembered many bits from, but I absolutely laugh when I listen to it. It's also only like 45-60 minutes.

And, like The Senator Giroux said, it's worth it for more info about Scott's hosed up childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I learned pft is turning 50 on that show, so that's something.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This interaction should be thrilling to the ~25 white guys at the center of the Percy Hill/Hollywood Handbook Venn diagram

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Hollywood Handbook starts with a first-ballot hall of fame ad read.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Coco13 posted:

Hollywood Handbook starts with a first-ballot hall of fame ad read.

Can i vote for HH episodes for the CBB best of show?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Congrats to the boys for finding an idea that they could get a whole's show's worth of content from.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Man, that Carlin bit is legitimately awful

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

linkedin dickpic posted:

Man, that Carlin bit is legitimately awful

It's so much longer than I remembered it being. It's loving interminable.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's almost unlistenable. If it weren't for Hayes cracking up at the stupidest ones, I wouldn't be able to finish it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Today’s Hollywood handbook made me laugh so hard I almost crashed my car on the way to work today.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would've thought that was this week's Spont.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hayes just roasting Sean's read during the ad was so dang good. I definitely don't remember what company they were promoting.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah that is a goat ad read, there was barely any actual copy read

no one says "fuckin" better than sean

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

yeah that is a goat ad read, there was barely any actual copy read

no one says "fuckin" better than sean

"Please don't swear in the ads"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Today’s Hollywood handbook made me laugh so hard I almost crashed my car on the way to work today.

You know I've seen people say this enough that there are probably legit podcast deaths

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am just past the ad break and this HoHa is the best in a while. I can't say why some episodes hit better than others, the Carlin bit wasn't working for me at first but Sean's rural/oral bit had me choking on my lunch in surprise.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

this episode of HH is an all timer omfg

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The boys are at their best when they listen to clips of something and say it’s really good when it’s actually pretty bad.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Hayes finally exacts his revenge for that one time Sean said “no it wasn’t”

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Know Such Peace posted:

The boys are at their best when they listen to clips of something and say it’s really good when it’s actually pretty bad.

If that's your favorite part have you checked out their old podcast Reality Show Show? They pick up that bit halfway through the series and really run with it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vhak lord of hate posted:

If that's your favorite part have you checked out their old podcast Reality Show Show? They pick up that bit halfway through the series and really run with it.

Tanks but no Tanks about the stupid Booze Cruise business is legendary.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Malcolm Excellent posted:

oh man, i was so close to an opportunity to do one of those username jokes we all love on the forums so much

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Was that the one where the entire business model seemed to be a very complicated way to market a frozen pesto torte, a dish that they acted like they had invented?

EDIT They sell you a $35k boat WITH a "business plan" for $140k. I forgot about the "indoor dinner ride" in Vegas aspect. "The dream of every sea captain: to be on a boat, inside."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 16, 2018

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I have 37 companies was the best moment.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my favorite bit from reality show show is when sean mentions having just been at a target and seeing a box of stray kittens and imploring his audience to go to that target and save those kittens

sean being a catlady is great. on the hwood hbook episode with kulap and ryan gaul, sean tells a sincere story about wanting to be home before his wife so he can feed his 8 cats.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I like when they had the Bachelorette lady on and they asked her to give one of them a rose, while conceding that it would cause the end of the show.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

cams posted:

Sean being a catlady is great. on the hwood hbook episode with kulap and ryan gaul, sean tells a sincere story about wanting to be home before his wife so he can feed his 8 cats.

Does he take them for walks?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ImPureAwesome posted:

Does he take them for walks?
i did not capitalize the s in sean

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
RSS is my favorite podcast. I remember one of the last episodes they apologized for not having a take during a segment and just listening to clips from the show. I think it was the 37 companies bit if I’m not mistaken.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

cams posted:

Sean being a cat lady is great. On the Hollywood Handbook episode with Kulap and Ryan Gaul, Sean tells a sincere story about wanting to be home before his wife so he can feed his 8 cats.

C-, see me after class.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

cams posted:

i did not capitalize the s in sean

Definitely didn't accidentally delete it while deleting the first paragraph, probably ghosts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ImPureAwesome posted:

Definitely didn't accidentally delete it while deleting the first paragraph, probably ghosts
i forgive you. i do not know if he walks his cats, but i am remembering that he may have actually had more than 8 cats

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

On Doughboys he talked about how he collects insects. Sean's a weird guy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Today's Teacher's Lounge may be the best of the entire series. I really hope Ego appears as a new character every season going forward (and is always itching for a fight with Bill Cravy.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh. Hello.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

(feels good!)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

wrong boys

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the boys are back!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love whenever Sean talks about his career. It's especially heartbreaking because I really like Making History, The Grinder, and Ash vs Evil Dead. Poor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I enjoyed his person who watches SNL laugh in the pro version this week