Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

African AIDS cum posted:

How much did you pay for it? I guess it is somewhat rare

It's rare-ish. You can still get new copies from EB Games or JB Hi-Fi (aka Best Buy in the US, I think?) for $30AUD, if you order off their websites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah but you're doing the courtroom stuff outside the courtroom so it's basically the same just with no judge
Ah, the future of the United States. :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

irlZaphod posted:

Ah, the future of the United States. :v:

not cool, man :c

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

codenameFANGIO posted:

not cool, man :c
:glomp:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was Ever Oasis any good? I didn't even realize it had come out until the other day. Seemed to get fanfare before release and then...nothing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's pretty drat good. It just didn't get the fanfare it deserved since it came out so close to the Switch. I'm certain a few years from now it'll be looked at as one of those amazing console/handheld swansong games.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Can confirm, I started playing it just two days ago and I'm hooked.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

RatHat posted:

Hah, they put a little tab on 3DS games that prevents them from fitting in my DS game holder. Is that to prevent people from trying to play 3DS games on a regular DS?

They did a pretty similar thing between Game Boy and Game Boy Color carts. GB carts had a little cutout where when you slid the power switch to ON a plastic tab would slide into the cutout so you couldn’t remove the game while it was on. GBC carts don’t have the cutout so you couldn’t turn your old Game Boy on with a GBC cart inserted

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
JRPG intros are so boring, stop putting a 5 minute anime music video with zero context in there!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was the only good thing about Tales of Zesteria

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Waltzing Along posted:

Was Ever Oasis any good? I didn't even realize it had come out until the other day. Seemed to get fanfare before release and then...nothing.

It's a nice chill little game.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Question: are counterfeit 3DS games a thing? I know DS games are an issue, but if I expand my 3DS collection to older games, I want to make sure that I am not running into bad copies

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's why I usually go for ebay auctions that include the box and manuals.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Shadow225 posted:

Question: are counterfeit 3DS games a thing? I know DS games are an issue, but if I expand my 3DS collection to older games, I want to make sure that I am not running into bad copies

They do exist. They're usually going to be Pokemon or Mario games. There's a few ways to tell if it's real or not. The plastic being sorta flimsy is one. The quality of the sticker being another. But sometimes they reuse legit shells, so a definitive way is the serial number at the bottom of the sticker should match the printed number on the back of the cart.

I've personally spotted some Pokemon fakes, quite a few New Super Marios, a Yoshi's Island DS, and a Phantom Hourglass.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

DS games absolutely but I don't think counterfeit 3DS games are really a thing, certainly not in a widespread way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fawf posted:

DS games absolutely but I don't think counterfeit 3DS games are really a thing, certainly not in a widespread way.

Don't they have some kind of decent copy-protection in them to prevent counterfeit carts too? I swear that was the reason why things like the R4 cart never made the jump from the DS onwards.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

:doh: I didn't read 3DS.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's DS but a copy of Last Window I got was fake and it was really weird because I think they had specifically photoshopped their own box art out of Last Window/Hotel Dusk promo art and it kind of looked legit but didn't match any I found online

like you'd think they would just use a cheap print out of the actual box art

anyway the game kept crashing like 45 seconds into the first chapter

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

:doh: I didn't read 3DS.

Hey, it was a really good post :):

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What Xenoblade statues?

Wow, I'm really late replying but the 3DS port lets you buy little figurines of everyone in their armor sets and also the music so you can take a look at them and listen to any song whenever. Y'know, cute things like that that's kinda cool since there's no guarantee you'll use a full set of whatever armor over another.

Aside from that, I've got nothing to use them for.

Also really sad Nintendo never ported Paper Mario TTYD to the 3DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Half of my local GameStop’s stock of used DS games is hilariously lovely fakes selling for the same prices as genuine carts. They don’t give a poo poo at all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Shadow225 posted:

Hey, it was a really good post :):

Thanks! I was think about if counterfeit 3DS games are even a thing. If they are, it must be a very niche thing. The relative ease in 3DS homebrew basically makes counterfeiting carts obselete. No point in going through the effort of printing carts, labels, and boards when you can just load whatever through an SD card.

Edit: And while the point of bootlegging is to sell to unsuspecting people, the 3DS market and culture is just so vastly different than when DS's was. DS existed in a pre-iphone world. By the time 3DS rolled around, iPhone and Android we're entrenched and the average person doesn't see much value in buying a dedicated gaming portable for little Timmy with $40 games when their iPad and free apps get the job done. Pokemon seems to be the exception to this. People got no problem buying hardware for Pokemon.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 10, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't get why someone would counterfeit a DS cart. You can spend 20 dollars on a flash cart and put every DS game ever made on it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

I don't get why someone would counterfeit a DS cart.

To sell to other people.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cuz I get high off it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dead Heat Breakers got a demo, has anyone tried it?

The full game came out in Japan a couple weeks ago but I haven't heard much about it, I'm mostly curious to see how or if they expanded it into a "retail-length" game.

EDIT: oh yeah, Monster Hunter XX (Generations Ultimate) got announced for Switch but not 3DS, does anyone still care?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 11, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: oh yeah, Monster Hunter XX (Generations Ultimate) got announced for Switch but not 3DS, does anyone still care?

Although a version for 3DS wasn’t announced, you’ll still be able to transfer data from Generations on 3DS to Generations Ultimate on Switch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

By the way, Target's doing buy one, get one 50% off lots of 3DS stuff including Selects games: https://www.target.com/c/nintendo-3..._xasd0002&Nao=0

I also heard Gamestop and other places are finally doing clearance prices on Metroid Federation Force, for the curious.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dead Heat Breakers got a demo, has anyone tried it?

The full game came out in Japan a couple weeks ago but I haven't heard much about it, I'm mostly curious to see how or if they expanded it into a "retail-length" game.

the first two dillon games were retail length and that was a big part of the problem, that gameplay was too fuckin thin for the 15+ hours they wanted you to play it for

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the 8-bit spinoff game promised as part of the kickstarter for the main game, comes out in two weeks, including for 3DS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDq0FQS15o

absolutely anything posted:

the first two dillon games were retail length and that was a big part of the problem, that gameplay was too fuckin thin for the 15+ hours they wanted you to play it for

Yeah I guess what I meant is, what's the ratio of regular Dillon stuff to the racing and boss battles and all the other stuff because that's all they show in the trailers and I'm wondering if it's a substantially different game or they're just hiding that poo poo.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

apparently the strange journey redux comes out today. is anyone brave enough to buy it?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Cake Attack posted:

apparently the strange journey redux comes out today. is anyone brave enough to buy it?
My copy is arriving any time now. I hadn't actually read through the changes from the original, but unlimited sub-apps and being able to change difficulty any time are both excellent changes. There's a bunch more stuff listed here: https://www.rpgsite.net/preview/7135-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey-redux-changes-and-additions-in-the-re-release

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My copy comes in today. I'm going to make an effort to play through it. I understand how SMT games work now a lot more than I did back whenever the original released.

I liked what I played of The Alliance Alive but I feel like I need to read a textbook to learn how to play SaGa games. :frogbon:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Detective No. 27 posted:

My copy comes in today. I'm going to make an effort to play through it. I understand how SMT games work now a lot more than I did back whenever the original released.

I liked what I played of The Alliance Alive but I feel like I need to read a textbook to learn how to play SaGa games. :frogbon:

I would read SaGa textbooks and then not bother to play the games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Yes, why wouldnt I

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Regy Rusty posted:

Yes, why wouldnt I
Because SJ was mediocre?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked it a lot but I also stopped playing at the very end because I couldn't beat the final boss of the law route

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Hell yeah I am

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's coming out Friday in Europe, so I'm waiting for the dispatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Knucklemaster in A Link Between Worlds has gotta be the worst Zelda boss ever.