Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ultimate ninja timeout is an extremely powerful technique.

I like how the commentary dynamic has evolved to the point that now you's guys' are just sandbagging Jay's attempts to talk entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Orochimaru seems really well informed on current events for a guy who's been dead for... months? I don't know how long in-universe but it seems like a while back. Also he seems to be remarkably chill in the face of the batshit circumstances of this whole battle.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Orochimaru seems really well informed on current events for a guy who's been dead for... months? I don't know how long in-universe but it seems like a while back. Also he seems to be remarkably chill in the face of the batshit circumstances of this whole battle.

honestly after the third time u shoot a bunch of snake dna into ur rear end i dont think anything will ever surprise you

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

He probably has some sort of Get-Caught-Up jutsu thanks brings him all the major newspapers. Plus his DNA was injected into a bunch of different people and he seems to possess some awareness of what they know.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah, Naruto sometimes goes into tangents on the relative value of “natural genius” compared to “hard work” Orochimaru is both of those in such high amounts that he easily could have been the Big overall villain all on his own. It is not surprising in the least that outright dying has failed to slow him or his capabilities down even a little because he’s a crazy immortal snake demon more than a human at this point.

He literally sheds his own body to heal from fatal injuries if he gets the time, and stores an immensely deadly and poisonous sword in a snake in his stomach that he retrieved by commanding the snake to slither up his throat and then the snake vomits up the hilt which Orochimaru draws.

He was actually a member of akatsuki for a while.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah, Naruto sometimes goes into tangents on the relative value of “natural genius” compared to “hard work” Orochimaru is both of those in such high amounts that he easily could have been the Big overall villain all on his own.

What was great about Orochimaru was that as powerful as he was, he was always trying to improve himself no matter the cost. He didn't have any grand plans or tried to push an ideology, he just wanted to live forever no matter what it took. Even the Sharingan was just a means to an end, since it would make it easier to learn more jutsu.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
Do you really need any other techniques besides 'barf up a snake which barfs up a sword' though? I feel like nothing you do afterwards could possibly live up to that. Everyone will remember you forever as the Snake Barf Sword Barf guy and that's a way cooler legacy than being ninja mayor of leaf town.

Man, why can't Orochimaru be the main character of this show

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, the final battle begins against Madara Uchiha! As he's backed up against the wall after his confrontation with Might Guy, an ethereal voice calls to him, telling him to harness the full power of the tree of life. With Madara back at full power, can Naruto and Sasuke possibly stand up to him? And what's going on behind the scenes, pushing this plan ever forward?

Feel free to share your dream newspaper comic tie-in games, I realized after recording that mine is an open world adventure game based on Mark Trail.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The biggest problem with the Susanoo fight is that it's got this generic Naruto orchestra and not some sweet Sonic Adventure buttrock.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You know, after the Guy fight, even this whole spectacle doesn't seem that cool in comparison.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I love that the only spell Madara bothered to learn is Meteor.

gently caress your Blizzara poo poo, I'm going straight for the endgame spells.

I just want to see a series of comics in which Madara is presented with mundane problems like doing his taxes and his response every time is just to drop increasingly large rocks on it.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, it's time for the perfectly ultimate final battle! With the path of history manipulated in order to revive Kaguya and have her rule over a peaceful earth, can the last remaining ninja stand against the mother of all chakra, and the creator of jutsu as we know it? Or are we all headed for a permanent time-out? The real true climax starts here!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Kaguya Otsutsuki
The former matriarch of a clan of dimensional travelers, and the first wielder of chakra on Earth. Kaguya originally was meant to gather chakra from the fruit of the Earth's God Tree for her clan, but she was saddened by humanity's never-ending wars and ate the fruit, granting her amazing powers and allowing her to rule over humanity and create peace. Eventually, she became fearful of her clan coming to retrieve her chakra, and so she raised an army to fight back, causing war to exist once again. She would later turn on her sons as well, in a desire to reclaim all chakra and be the only one with power on Earth. To protect humanity, her children sealed her away inside the moon, hoping that her power would never be revived.

Black Zetsu
The personified will of Kaguya Otsutsuki. Being created out of Kaguya's will, Black Zetsu has acted as the arbiter of all history on Earth after Kaguya's capture in order to lead to her revival. Predominantly, he has done this by pushing the family line would eventually become the Uchiha clan to awaken the Rinnegan and break the seal on the moon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh hey I love Infinity War.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This is basically just what happened in Infinity War, to be fair.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Come on down to Obito's Collectible Eyeball Emporium and Warehouse! We're just giving these eyeballs away!

Cut to a scene of Kakashi rifling through a box of eyes, going "Got, got, got, need, got, need..."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jesus, it took till literally the end of the manga to allow a woman to be important in Naruto.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

So Kaguya being the final villain with almost no actual build up is entirely down to Kishimoto realising he had written an unbeatable villain in Madara, so he wrote Kaguya to instantly beat him whilst having more weaknesses. It’s extremely bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ok so Madara was technically indestructible but he sure as hell was taking damage in these last few videos. Why doesn't his immortality carry over to Kaguya?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Jesus, it took till literally the end of the manga to allow a woman to be important in Naruto.
I'm still not too thrilled about it. Terry Pratchett warned us about this kind of story in a talk in 1985.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

HGH posted:

Ok so Madara was technically indestructible but he sure as hell was taking damage in these last few videos. Why doesn't his immortality carry over to Kaguya?

Because he was revived using one method and Kaguya a different one. Specifically Madara freed himself from Edo Tensei, which means he has all the benefits and none of the drawbacks. Those benefits being a body that will perfectly heal itself from basically anything short of total annihilation given time, plus infinite chakra and no degradation from using normally dangerously self-harming techniques.

Kaguya however was just revived by being the true form of the ten-tails and taking over Madara thanks to Black Zetsu.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

Because he was revived using one method and Kaguya a different one. Specifically Madara freed himself from Edo Tensei, which means he has all the benefits and none of the drawbacks. Those benefits being a body that will perfectly heal itself from basically anything short of total annihilation given time, plus infinite chakra and no degradation from using normally dangerously self-harming techniques.

Kaguya however was just revived by being the true form of the ten-tails and taking over Madara thanks to Black Zetsu.

I thought he gave up the immortality and all the other benefits when he ended the Edo Tensei and Black Zetsu forced Obito to resurrect him, but the First Hokage's DNA gave him another form of super regeneration, and he has basically infinite chakra from being the Ten-Tails's jinchuriki.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Possibly, it’s all very vague and dumb is what I think of the end of the fourth ninja world war. I din’t Like Madara the Uber-hax-god and Kaguya is worse because she has no foreshadowing and basically makes the entire story retroactively stupider, but lots of things about the ending causes that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I’m definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye’s spinach. I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Heh...somehow I doubt it.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I’m definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye’s spinach. I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

That is an awful lot of words to just reply "Might Guy" to.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Gologle posted:

uhhh maybe get ur head out of the nerd canon and realize that the answer lies within The True Canon of the bible

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So whatever happened to the other Hokages? I remember Naruto's dad took a bullet for Might Guy so I guess that's how he re-died, and it's heavily implied that the first one died off-camera, but 2 and 3 should be around. Hell you got to see 3 running around going what the hell when everyone else got cocooned.

Gologle posted:

judging from the anime I've seen I think Aizen from Bleach could not only beat Madara, but that he was behind Madara gaining power in the first place and had planned for it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

So whatever happened to the other Hokages? I remember Naruto's dad took a bullet for Might Guy so I guess that's how he re-died, and it's heavily implied that the first one died off-camera, but 2 and 3 should be around. Hell you got to see 3 running around going what the hell when everyone else got cocooned.

I could've swore that Madara ate the first one somehow. No idea where the second went.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I could've swore that Madara ate the first one somehow. No idea where the second went.

Yeah that's what I meant. When Madara came back to life (real life, not zombie life), he started cackling and the First was like "fuuuck", so I figured he was gone but 2 and 3 are unaccounted for.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Yeah that's what I meant. When Madara came back to life (real life, not zombie life), he started cackling and the First was like "fuuuck", so I figured he was gone but 2 and 3 are unaccounted for.

Oh don't worry buddy, I'm still lost with you. I thought that the first got eaten while Madara was still reanimated and that's why he had a face on his chest. The second hokage disaapearing I unno and the 3rd either being dead or not means that he's either gone somehow or got sucked into a dream cocoon. Also no idea where Naruto's dad is.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

They're still "alive" and immune to the moon's eye, but because they weren't caught in the dimension hopping they can't really help. The First is fine, he just had all of his natural energy sucked out by Madara. In the mangathe Fourth ended up losing his arms because those orbs that Naruto, and Madara before him, have are the only thing that can keep a resurrected body from regenerating.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It's worth noting that as far as I am aware the second isn't actually as powerful as the first and fourth, he just did a poo poo-ton more inventing of jutsu and stuff.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!
Today, it's time for the end of the Kaguya fight! With the mother of all ninja having gone berserk from all of this localized chakra and energy, does Team 7 stand a chance against her wrath? Or will Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura find themselves at the mercy of a higher being? Let's bring an end to the Fourth Great Ninja War!

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 13, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So wait where did all the beasts go? They were all just standing around while the Ghosts of Christmas Past Hokages faded away but then were gone all of a sudden. Did they just decide to book it real quick before someone remembered to stick them in a body?

Also, what's the deal with all these loving eyes? I thought Madara stole the grey ones but now Sasuke has a grey one and Kakashi had two Sharingans but now he has zero sharingans and he didn't even get them ripped out. Also also I thought the Planetary Devastation attack was something only the Rinnegan eyes could do so why is Naruto also yelling when he and Sasuke are double punching Kaguya? Goddamn all this eye poo poo is so stupid.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 15, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

So wait where did all the beasts go? They were all just standing around while the Ghosts of Christmas Past Hokages faded away but then were gone all of a sudden. Did they just decide to book it real quick before someone remembered to stick them in a body?

Also, what's the deal with all these loving eyes? I thought Madara stole the grey ones but now Sasuke has a grey one and Kakashi had two Sharingans but now he has zero sharingans and he didn't even get them ripped out. Also also I thought the Planetary Devastation attack was something only the Rinnegan eyes could do so why is Naruto also yelling when he and Sasuke are double punching Kaguya? Goddamn all this eye poo poo is so stupid.

All I can tell you is Naruto fixed Kakashi's eye so he could turn it off like it's his own, like Dio finally absorbing enough blood in Stardust crusaders. Obito gave him his other one before he died so he had two. And he got tired after making tengu chakrazord so the Sharingan turned off.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
madara gave sasuke a sharingan (eternal most likely) and a rinnegan when they were working together

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I believe the other beasts are also inside Naruto at this point, until he can find a safe place to let them out.

Honestly the only good thing about this fight is that it canonically involves the Reverse Harem no Jutsu and it turns out 20 naked pretty boys causes Kaguya to short circuit. It's even a unique team-jutsu you can get as Naruto and Sasuke against Female Ninja, although I can't remember which ones.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i think it was kakashi who said the the sexy jutsu only works on very strong opponents at some point so the fact that a version of it was effective against what is basically a god is a cute touch

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dudermcbrohan posted:

i think it was kakashi who said the the sexy jutsu only works on very strong opponents at some point so the fact that a version of it was effective against what is basically a god is a cute touch

Something along the lines that the stronger they are the less they're going to expect it, and the less they're going to know how to react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think Kakashi's just trying to come up with an excuse for how he gets tricked by it.

"Ummm yeah it's because I'm so strong, yeah! Now go away and let me read my porno, kids."

• Locked thread