Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gameplay trailer for RAGE 2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RAGEgame/status/996389741372129280/video/1

Looks like Mad Max meets DOOM 2016 because that’s literally what the dev teams are :allears:

I’m very in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Looks like Mad Max meets DOOM 2016 because that’s literally what the dev teams are :allears:

I’m very in.

You know, I can't help but think that this might wind up being the kind of half-demented insane game Borderlands only thinks it is. I'm totally down for it too :rock:.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I’m very in.

Some of that reminds me of Bulletstorm (this is a good thing)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I’m very in.

I saw a pop rocket shotgun shell early on in that, I’m in.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

I’m very in.

even if rage2 dont live to the hype this video creates, I would hope for a game like this. I want one of my arms replaced with a rocket launcher and a radiactive nuke inplanted on my spine

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IcePhoenix posted:

Some of that reminds me of Bulletstorm (this is a good thing)

I'd love to see the demented trigger-happy lovechild of id Software and People Can Fly working together. Especially if it continued the adventures of Captain Swearword :allears:.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m very in.

Wellllll count me in!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Was the first Rage any good? Not only did I never play it, I apparently had it confused in my mind just now with Brink.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I’m very in.

Ok I'm def in, that looks great. I didn't play Mad Max but I did LOVE Just Cause 3 and platinumed it and I think they did that game too!

All I know about RAGE is I think that's what Jesse was playing in early episode of Breaking Bad(???)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ElwoodCuse posted:

Was the first Rage any good? Not only did I never play it, I apparently had it confused in my mind just now with Brink.

I liked it for what it was. The story was a bit of a mess and the entire thing felt like a bunch of tech demos/concepts shoved into a relatively empty game shell. The shooting was fun enough to make it memorable for me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't like how they choose to advertise the gameplay of their crazy action game with a boring automatic rifle but there still more to see. Vehicle combat looked good.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know, I can't help but think that this might wind up being the kind of half-demented insane game Borderlands only thinks it is. I'm totally down for it too :rock:.

Makes me wonder if they're releasing this stuff early to get our ahead of any potential Borderlands 3 trailers. Either way I'm down.

My Dad only owns and plays like 10 games and they're Rage, Mad Max, Borderlands 1 & 2 and every Doom.... so guessing he'll be down for this as well.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

beep by grandpa posted:

All I know about RAGE is I think that's what Jesse was playing in early episode of Breaking Bad(???)

Yes, notoriously with a lightgun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I actually completed Rage and had a fine time with it. One thing I never understood was everyone saying the gunplay was awesome. It was always strangely floatly and imprecise for me.

A few years later I learned about V-sync.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Yakuza 0 update: My quest to reach the pawnshop was beset by two substories: one where I subbed in as a tv producer and beat up the producer whom I replaced, and one where I trained a dominatrix in her craft. I hope all the substories are this hilariously bizarre.

Also I learned Beast Style and the piledriver will never not be hilarious.

Edit: Also I think the bowling alley clerk is hitting on me.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 15, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's a really fun shooter/ car combat game that had a pretty half baked open world. I played it again a few years ago and enjoyed it immensely. I think it's much better than it's reputation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m pretty certain this means no DOOM2 news at E3

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The problem with revisiting horror games is a lot of them are kind of intentionally clunky to add to a feeling of helplessness. That’s fine, but going back to what was considered clunky 15 years ago is like trying to run a marathon using cinderblocks for shoes.

I got RE: Code veronica in the last humble bundle and tried playing it the other day. Hoo boy those controls. I don't know how I ever made it through these games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gravy Jones posted:

Makes me wonder if they're releasing this stuff early to get our ahead of any potential Borderlands 3 trailers. Either way I'm down.

My Dad only owns and plays like 10 games and they're Rage, Mad Max, Borderlands 1 & 2 and every Doom.... so guessing he'll be down for this as well.

They released it early cause it got found out and was becoming a bit of a joke as a game nobody asked for. They have enough to talk about at their show with whatever starfield is going to be

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I’m pretty certain this means no DOOM2 news at E3

Different dev tho. Im sure whatever half of id isnt helping avalanche already started making doom2

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Adam Vegas posted:

Aw man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

If it’s any consolation, a lot of hard drives are compatible with installing into the PS4 and it’s a fairly easy process, though of course it voids any warranty you might have. But it’s pretty simple to do and since save games are stored in the cloud, you shouldn’t lose any progress in anything if you can replace the hard drive!
FYI replacing the HDD absolutely does not void the warranty, which is one of the nice things about PS vs XB. It says so right on the PS website.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

SettingSun posted:

Yakuza 0 update: My quest to reach the pawnshop was beset by two substories: one where I subbed in as a tv producer and beat up the producer whom I replaced, and one where I trained a dominatrix in her craft. I hope all the substories are this hilariously bizarre.

Also I learned Beast Style and the piledriver will never not be hilarious.

Edit: Also I think the bowling alley clerk is hitting on me.

The Dominatrix side story was my second one and it sets the hell up of what the rest of the game will be like

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I’m very in.

The other day I laughed at the idea of a RAGE 2 but this actually looks cool and is what I wish Fallout 4 was.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ElwoodCuse posted:

No. It was a technological marvel, never seen before or after, but the actual gameplay suffered from taking itself too seriusly. In a way it was Bioshock: Desert. Without the philosophical subtext that make a bioshock game a social talking topic.

It was playable, and maybe favorite title for some people, but could have been much more, and it was much less than other games.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 15, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I’m very in.

Looks cool

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The other day I laughed at the idea of a RAGE 2 but this actually looks cool and is what I wish Fallout 4 was.

I was kind of worried about Rebellion, but being Avalanche Sweden (JC2/Mad Max) and this gameplay trailer with combat looking towards Doom with lots of gadgets (and powers?) looks great.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did people lot like Just Cause 3? I loved it a lot more than 2. That wingsuit + Rico having the sexist voice ever made it one of my favs in 2015.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

beep by grandpa posted:

Did people lot like Just Cause 3? I loved it a lot more than 2. That wingsuit + Rico having the sexist voice ever made it one of my favs in 2015.

Load times made it close to unplayable for me (especially on some activities where you had to go back to the start if you screwed up)... so I didn't play it. I should have another look if it's been patched/improved since launch because other than that it looked p fun and I have it sitting undowloaded from ps+

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 15, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I liked it a lot more than 2 but still hated the gated progress the series is known for and the bad performance was really rough

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

Load times made it close to unplayable for me (especially on some activities where you had to go back to the start if you screwed up)... so I didn't play it. I should have another look if it's been patched/improved since launch because other than that it looked p fun.

Oh gently caress I forgot about the terrible load times. I had so much fun 5-starring the wing suit challenges and forgot how bad the load times were uggh

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
lmao the Risen game that's free on PS+ for the Ps3 is on sale for the Ps4, I wanted to play the game but not enough to actually pay for it, Sony.

beep by grandpa posted:

I loved it, but I never could get into 2 so I think I'm in the minority.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rage 2 looks good as hell.

I hope it does not derail Doom 2 for too long.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i think my longest was 14 minutes for a wingsuit challenge restart. poo poo was brutal.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Samuringa posted:

lmao the Risen game that's free on PS+ for the Ps3 is on sale for the Ps4, I wanted to play the game but not enough to actually pay for it, Sony.

I loved it, but I never could get into 2 so I think I'm in the minority.

The biggest problem with 2 was how difficult it as to fully liberate an area by destroying things cause there as never any feedback on what to look for.

Just Cause 3 doesn't fully fix the problem but does address it significantly by showing you exactly what structures are remaining, but in the bigger areas they can sometimes be very tricky to track down leading to a big slowdowm towards the end of your assaults on bases. The game has some of the best explosions I've ever seen tho. Man, it might be time to start thinking about another JC3 run......

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You know a game or super good when you've already done everything, got the plat, exhausted all of its content but still turn it back on just to play it. Off the top of my head I've done that with Bloodborne, Celeste, Sonic Mania and Just Cause 3.

What're your guys' "I'm already done but can't stop" ps4 games?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just cause 3 had a lot of technical problems at launch on ps4. idk how it plays now but that that probably soured some people on it

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Just Cause 2 was big for the sake of being big, arguably TOO big. The last completion percentage trophy was only 75%. Meanwhile you could clear the whole map in Just Cause 3 in like 20 hours.

I also feel like they didn't appropriately scale up the destruction with the new hardware. You can get a tactical nuke launcher, but not until you've basically beaten the game, and its blast radius and damage is kinda underwhelming.

It wasn't as huge a letdown as Mercenaries to Mercenaries 2 was but I feel like they missed a lot of potential.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

You know a game or super good when you've already done everything, got the plat, exhausted all of its content but still turn it back on just to play it. Off the top of my head I've done that with Bloodborne, Celeste, Sonic Mania and Just Cause 3.

I will start up Infamous just to kinda move around Seattle. I love that moveset so much, especially the Neon and Video.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

beep by grandpa posted:

The Max Payne games. All three of them. Otherwise when I'm done with a game I'm DONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I think the only part of Just Cause 3 that I'd say I genuinely disliked was a specific part of the map that was huge, heavily forested but only had 3 or 4 outposts in it. The FPS drop never felt too drastic and the loading times were annoying but not Prey-level annoying.