Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Are you sure that’s worth losing Kelce? I get that Henry and Ebron are decent options but Kelce is a virtual lock for top 2 TE and the drop off after Gronk and him is pretty huge, no? Also I feel like $21 is a good deal for him and he will be a good price for years to come.

Patrick Mahomes has played one game. There is no guarantee that he'll be good, and even if he is good historically rookie QBs have not been good for their receiving corps. Hunter Henry is playing under what looks to be a ridiculously dynamic offense with the Chargers, is locked in as a starter with Gates gone, and a 1000 yard 8 TD season is certainly not out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Patrick Mahomes has played one game. There is no guarantee that he'll be good, and even if he is good historically rookie QBs have not been good for their receiving corps. Hunter Henry is playing under what looks to be a ridiculously dynamic offense with the Chargers, is locked in as a starter with Gates gone, and a 1000 yard 8 TD season is certainly not out of the question.

Very much this. I suspect kelce will see volume from mahomes and be largely QB resistant....

But with Gates gone, there are like 50-60 TE targets from last season that Hunter could soak up and he was already a TE1. The offense looks good, he's a great receiver and RZ target.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But Mahomes isn't a rookie. :confused:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Are you sure that’s worth losing Kelce? I get that Henry and Ebron are decent options but Kelce is a virtual lock for top 2 TE and the drop off after Gronk and him is pretty huge, no? Also I feel like $21 is a good deal for him and he will be a good price for years to come.

The gap this year between Henry and Kelce won’t be large enough to justify the 7% cap difference.

I’m holding all my Kelce shares, but I’m also worried and don’t have Henry as well.

He’s at an all time high. Sell

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

But Mahomes isn't a rookie. :confused:

Yeah I know. I don't have much data on players who sit a year first, so in my mind he's still a rookie until he's demonstrated a season of starts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This team wants to get Allen Robinson from me. It's also the team with three first round picks this year. (1.08, and two picks randomly seeded between 1-5 overall) He was considering giving me his 1.08 for Kelce yesterday, but we haven't gotten anywhere yet. What should I try to get for Allen Robinson? Or a Kelce+Robinson combo?

QB
M. Ryan - 14
M. Mariota - 15
R. Tannehill - 2
RB
J. Howard - 32
M. Lynch - 23
G. Bernard - 2
D. Henry - 14
J. Stewart - 3
A. Ekeler - 8
W. Gallman - 22
C. Ivory - 2
J. Williams - 2
WR
T. Hill - 20
D. Baldwin - 20
C. Kupp - 2
J. Kearse - 2
K. Stills - 2
M. Goodwin - 6
P. Richardson - 2
A. Humphries - 2
R. Grant - 2
D. Inman - 11
T. King - 2
L. Treadwell - 2
T. Sharpe - 2
TE
E. Engram - 2
A. Hooper - 2
G. Kittle - 2
2018 TOTAL SALARY - $220

Here's my team again for reference:

RCarr posted:

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLEX. It's a dynasty league with a 25 man roster with 3 IR slots. $250 salary cap. Player salaries increase by $1 or 10% each year (whichever is higher). Here's my roster, with this year's salary next to each.

QB
P. Rivers - 2
J. Goff - 3
B. Bortles - 2
C. Keenum - 2
A. Luck - 13
RB
M. Ingram - 11
D. Lewis - 2
O. Darkwa - 2
R. Burkhead - 4
T. Montgomery - 10
C. Carson - 2
J. Conner - 3
WR
A. Brown - 51
D. Hopkins - 26
D. Thomas - 21
M. Evans - 55
R. Anderson - 3
A. Jeffery - 21
M. Crabtree - 17
K. Benjamin - 10
D. Westbrook - 2
A. Robinson - 12
K. White - 2
M. Mitchell - 2
D. Funchess - 2
TE
T. Kelce - 21
H. Henry - 3
E. Ebron - 2

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

This team wants to get Allen Robinson from me. It's also the team with three first round picks this year. (1.08, and two picks randomly seeded between 1-5 overall) He was considering giving me his 1.08 for Kelce yesterday, but we haven't gotten anywhere yet. What should I try to get for Allen Robinson? Or a Kelce+Robinson combo?

QB
M. Ryan - 14
M. Mariota - 15
R. Tannehill - 2
RB
J. Howard - 32
M. Lynch - 23
G. Bernard - 2
D. Henry - 14
J. Stewart - 3
A. Ekeler - 8
W. Gallman - 22
C. Ivory - 2
J. Williams - 2
WR
T. Hill - 20
D. Baldwin - 20
C. Kupp - 2
J. Kearse - 2
K. Stills - 2
M. Goodwin - 6
P. Richardson - 2
A. Humphries - 2
R. Grant - 2
D. Inman - 11
T. King - 2
L. Treadwell - 2
T. Sharpe - 2
TE
E. Engram - 2
A. Hooper - 2
G. Kittle - 2
2018 TOTAL SALARY - $220

Here's my team again for reference:

A Rob is on an incredibly team friendly deal. IMO you don't want to move him. Picks would increase your cap burden and his only cap efficient player is Engram.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Yah I'm holding ARob. Only way I might move Kelce + ARob is if those rando picks hit at 1.01 and only then am I making that offer.

I don't think he would take both anyways since that would put him over cap.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

It doesn't matter if we are sure. It matters if you are. I think everyone has articulated why it's a good idea, but at the end it is your team. In a year, you don't want to be saying to yourself, "but the Internet said.....!"

Because sometimes, the Internet is very wrong. Especially about Alvin Kamara

Edit: Is he the only person willing to trade for Kelce? Because 1.08 for Robinson and an additional set of draft picks for Kelce could be worthwhile.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 15, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Good point. It's just easy to get attached to your players and over value them, and I want to avoid that and get a non-biased idea of what they are worth to the average person.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

To me, your offseason should be focused on fixing your running back situation in any manner possible. Draft capital is your best bet at cost controlled value. But it means that you have to pick the right running backs.

There is risk, because Kelce is a known commodity. I'll admit to focusing too much on the long term when it comes to dynasty, so bear that in mind when taking my advice. :v:

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

To me, your offseason should be focused on fixing your running back situation in any manner possible. Draft capital is your best bet at cost controlled value. But it means that you have to pick the right running backs.

There is risk, because Kelce is a known commodity. I'll admit to focusing too much on the long term when it comes to dynasty, so bear that in mind when taking my advice. :v:

I dunno dude, A-rob at $12 gives you a cheap WR1 that's cost controlled. The 1.08 is $16? $18? So he's eating more cap cost when he's already way over the cap, and probably gets a player that will produce less.

If you're moving cheap a Rob, he should look for a cheap guaranteed starter back.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 15, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zauper posted:

I dunno dude, A-rob at $12 gives you a cheap WR1 that's cost controlled. The 1.08 is $16? $18? So he's eating more cap cost when he's already way over the cap, and probably gets a player that will produce less.

No guarantees that A-Rob is a WR1. Even ignoring the ACL, he's only put together one really strong season. I think he could be. Hell, I'm a Bears fan. I'll be pissed if he isn't. There is a chance this is the most valuable A Rob will ever be.

Plus, he is loaded at WR. Look at his running backs.

Ingram - suspended. Likely gone from NO next year
Dion Lewis - time share with Derrick Henry
Ty Montgomery - time share with a billion people
The rest are pretty much just guys.

Almost every rookie running back taken in the first two rounds is walking into a very favorable situation.

Barkley, Penny, Michel, Chubb, Jones, Johnson all have clear paths to the starter role in the next year. Remember, I think this class is like the 2014 wide receiver class and I want as many shares as possible.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The best team in our league just got Dalvin Cook by trading away Derrick Henry and Tyreek Hill. His roster is stupid good.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

The best team in our league just got Dalvin Cook by trading away Derrick Henry and Tyreek Hill. His roster is stupid good.

That's a lot for Cook.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

That's a lot for Cook.

Maybe.. I see Cook as having the potential to be a fantasy all time great. We'll have to see how he's recovered.

It wasn't much for the owner because he sold off Tyreek who he just got during the rookie draft in a pretty one sided trade, and his RBs are Gurley, Coleman, Ajayi, and Hyde, (also Crowell and Collins) so losing Henry wasn't a huge loss.

His WRs are Julio, Adams, Hopkins, Mike Thomas, Jeffery, Theilen, and Josh Gordon (plus the rookies he drafted).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that's a pretty fair trade, and honestly might even be an overpay for Cook.

This seems like a case of "best team in the league makes move, must be unfair" thinking, which we have all been guilty of (myself included).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea that's a pretty fair trade, and honestly might even be an overpay for Cook.

This seems like a case of "best team in the league makes move, must be unfair" thinking, which we have all been guilty of (myself included).

I approved it without question. I just find it crazy that anyone will trade with him. And when he does trade he still ends up having one of, if not the best roster in our dynasty league.

I will also mention that starting lineups are:
Qb/rb/wr/te/flex/flex/flex/k/dst
And it's the tiered ppr league. 1 pt for te, .75 for rb, .5 for wr.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 15, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The trade is fair. I don't think anyone us getting screwed. Just not sure I'd make it.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Not totally sold on the trade, but I agree about Cook being a potentially huge fantasy asset. If you liked Kirk to Chris Thompson magic last year, hold onto your butts.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

The trade is fair. I don't think anyone us getting screwed. Just not sure I'd make it.

I'm not saying its unfair. I'm saying I'm surprised he found someone to trade with that was willing to part with a young and potentially amazing Rb and it barely dented his roster.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm not saying its unfair. I'm saying I'm surprised he found someone to trade with that was willing to part with a young and potentially amazing Rb and it barely dented his roster.

If I were that guy, I would have accepted too. He got an RB2 with RB1 potential and a WR1. It's a decent haul. I'm not going to refuse to trade with guys who are better than me on principle when doing so makes me better.

I just did a feeler around the office and everyone thinks the guy getting Henry/Hill is winning this.

FAKE EDIT: He's getting Cook, right? I'm not reading this incorrectly.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

If I were that guy, I would have accepted too. He got an RB2 with RB1 potential and a WR1. It's a decent haul. I'm not going to refuse to trade with guys who are better than me on principle when doing so makes me better.

I just did a feeler around the office and everyone thinks the guy getting Henry/Hill is winning this.

FAKE EDIT: He's getting Cook, right? I'm not reading this incorrectly.

The league champ/really good team is the one getting Cook.

That's fair and I don't mean to seem salty or trying to poo poo up the thread with "why oh whys" so I won't be bringing it up again.

It was just like drat, I wish I had the roster capital to trade away Tyreek and Henry and it not affect my roster. They were two dudes he never even started, haha. Though he probably would have flexed in Tyreek on plus matchups, if Mahomes doesn't poop in the bed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

The league champ/really good team is the one getting Cook.

That's fair and I don't mean to seem salty or trying to poo poo up the thread with "why oh whys" so I won't be bringing it up again.

It was just like drat, I wish I had the roster capital to trade away Tyreek and Henry and it not affect my roster. They were two dudes he never even started, haha. Though he probably would have flexed in Tyreek on plus matchups, if Mahomes doesn't poop in the bed.

Be as salty as you want. That's what fantasy football is about! :D

I think I just misunderstood the tone of your comments.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Be as salty as you want. That's what fantasy football is about! :D

I think I just misunderstood the tone of your comments.

:respek:

All good, probably a failure on my part as well.

In other fantasy news I used my last rookie pick on Darius Fountain because an article talked about how big his hands are. And you know what they say about big hands?!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

In my main dynasty league 1.02 + Cook went for our 1.01/Barkley.

I traded 1.10 + Melvin Gordon for 1.01/Barkley in another.

I wish I had Cook to sell for high. Same with Mixon since I both think they might be bottom shelf RB1’s as a ceiling.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

"MacheteZombie" posted:

In other fantasy news I used my last rookie pick on Darius Fountain because an article talked about how big his hands are. And you know what they say about big hands?!

The Michael Thomas syndrome. Big hands ftw.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

In my main dynasty league 1.02 + Cook went for our 1.01/Barkley.

I traded 1.10 + Melvin Gordon for 1.01/Barkley in another.

I wish I had Cook to sell for high. Same with Mixon since I both think they might be bottom shelf RB1’s as a ceiling.

I like your trade, but 1.02 + Cook for Barkley seems crazy to me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I can't make myself like Barkley. I love the way he catches the ball, but my gut screams bust. Even still, I would absolutely take him with my first overall pick. I would just hate myself if I'm right, but too scared to be wrong.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Has anyone said Alcoholics Saquonymous, yet?

I can't even remember if I've said it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I like your trade, but 1.02 + Cook for Barkley seems crazy to me.

That's his price, it's silly. He's like a top 5-10 start up guy right now as far as I can tell. I tried to sell high every place I had the 1.01 and wasn't a single RB away from being league favorite. All 2 QB leagues:

1.01 and Corey Davis for 1.03, 1.07, and Tyreek Hill

1.01, 1.10, and Kelce for 1.02, Jameis Winston, OJ Howard, and Juju Smith-Schuster

1.01, 2019 2nd, Tyrod Taylor, and Carlos Hyde for 1.09, 2019 1st, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Devonta Freeman

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

That's his price, it's silly. He's like a top 5-10 start up guy right now as far as I can tell. I tried to sell high every place I had the 1.01 and wasn't a single RB away from being league favorite. All 2 QB leagues:

1.01 and Corey Davis for 1.03, 1.07, and Tyreek Hill

1.01, 1.10, and Kelce for 1.02, Jameis Winston, OJ Howard, and Juju Smith-Schuster

1.01, 2019 2nd, Tyrod Taylor, and Carlos Hyde for 1.09, 2019 1st, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Devonta Freeman

What I gathered from this post is Barkley is going to be the best running back in the league, because you have the first overall pick in three dynasty leagues. Clearly, you make bad decisions. :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

:stare:

I hope you didn't actually make this trade.

Edit: Didn't realize it was a 2QB league but still...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Yeah, that's a real bad trade for you. Your opponent ends up with the two best players.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

What I gathered from this post is Barkley is going to be the best running back in the league, because you have the first overall pick in three dynasty leagues. Clearly, you make bad decisions. :v:

One of them I was in the championship and had traded for a pick midseason, another was a startup that I got last startup pick in and commish (terribly) decided rookie picks would go reverse order of startup (I'm not complaining, though!), and the last was a 1-year tank because QBs went stupidly early in the startup and I both missed the boat and wouldn't take garbage tier guys over great WRs.

RCarr posted:

It was pretty close to a mash imo :v: I receive 1.02 for Kelce+1.10, and Winston, Juju, and OJ Howard for 1.01? Winston alone is a late 2nd/early 3rd start up pick in 2 QB for me. Edit: Though to be clear, this one was also the tank team. My QBs were McCarron, Peterman, Davis Webb, lol.

Sataere posted:

Yeah, that's a real bad trade for you. Your opponent ends up with the two best players.

Kelce more valuable than Winston? Nah, not even very close. Super easy trade to send TE1 for a young back end QB1.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 16, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

sourdough posted:

It was pretty close to a mash imo :v: I receive 1.02 for Kelce+1.10, and Winston, Juju, and OJ Howard for 1.01? Winston alone is a late 2nd/early 3rd start up pick in 2 QB for me. Edit: Though to be clear, this one was also the tank team. My QBs were McCarron, Peterman, Davis Webb, lol.

Kelce more valuable than Winston? Nah, not even very close. Super easy trade to send TE1 for a young back end QB1.
Offhand, I think you lose both sides of that breakdown.

Kelce is a third round startup, same as 1.02. And 1.10 is ~6-7 round startup. So you're trading a 3rd+7th for a 3rd.

1.01 is first round startup. Winston third; juju 5thish and OJH is probably what, 10th? I wouldn't trade a 1 for a 3+5+6 in a startup, let alone that.

You lost the trade hard. May have had to if it was the only QB you could find, but meh.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 16, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea no matter how i look at it there's no way you win that trade in my opinion. Especially once Barkley becomes the next Barry Sanders.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zauper posted:

Offhand, I think you lose both sides of that breakdown.

Kelce is a third round startup, same as 1.02 likely. And 1.10 is ~6-7 round startup.

1.01 is first round startup. Winston third; juju 5thish and OJH is probably what, 10th? I wouldn't trade a 1 for a 3+5+6 in a startup, let alone that.

No worries, it's good to get feedback.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Yea no matter how i look at it there's no way you win that trade in my opinion. Especially once Barkley becomes the next Barry Sanders.

He's going to rush for 3.6 ypc and have single digit touchdowns, while my man Jameis is going to join the 50-5000 club, you'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

sourdough posted:

my man Jameis

Check out dat post + avatar combo!