Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

seriously CIG, doesn't anyone there care about how ben leaving will affect love pledge? goddamn man

another 2 weeks of refactoring

This is the perfect time to introduce future Ben (a time traveler) into the story. Make him athletic and wise so that nobody suspects it's him. this is what all good visual novels do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat posted:

Kudos.

I tried to tell my step-dad to take up yoga as he threw out his back and most likely with have to retire due to it.

"No no, the acupuncture works."

gently caress.

Planking works. It's maintaining discipline that is hard.

Warhawk109 posted:

I broke 15% bf recently. 13.91% most recent caliper reading. Starting to see abs. Feels pretty good.

I broke 24% going the other and thankfully my rock hard abs are hidden from a world that IS NOT READY.

trucutru posted:

This is the perfect time to introduce future Ben (a time traveler) into the story. Make him athletic and wise so that nobody suspects it's him. this is what all good visual novels do!

Where is Ben? Behind that small moon? That's no moon....

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Thoatse posted:

Fact: people as big as the Lesnicks often have to pay for two seats apiece on an airliner.. their asses are way too big for a single seat (17 inch width) and fuel-wise they are more than 2 people each. I have a friend that *used to be as yuuuge as them and he hated flying because it was super humiliating on top of expensive af

If they are moving back home, then a road trip makes sense. All your stuff is going to take a while on the truck to get there. And you'd have to pay money to have your car(s) schlepped over.

As far as money goes. I still maintain that Ortwin is the only one with enough cunning to come out of this with an untouchable nest egg.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Warhawk109 posted:

I broke 15% bf recently. 13.91% most recent caliper reading. Starting to see abs. Feels pretty good.

I can see very faint abs but have Ben-like moobs at around 22%. gently caress my genes

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's pretty simple - if the person's name is not in their alias, don't link to it. No one needs to know that poo poo - it's not adding value and not needed. Derek is loving imbecile who can't keep his hands to himself and sit quietly and finally got what he deserved.

Exception : if the alias mentions many aliases that's an implicit invitation to discovering them, as per the T.O.A.S.T. rules.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

CellarDweller posted:

He is moving back "Home". It's really nice of his parents to let him live in become their basement again.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

his nibs posted:

Ben Lesnick, Leaver

:eyepop:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lladre posted:

If they are moving back home, then a road trip makes sense. All your stuff is going to take a while on the truck to get there. And you'd have to pay money to have your car(s) schlepped over.

As far as money goes. I still maintain that Ortwin is the only one with enough cunning to come out of this with an untouchable nest egg.

For this move sure but I was responding to the idea of them being flown around for special appearances whenever Master Of Chips or Concierge Product Pusher Shover are needed in person so badly :cig: covers their shipping fees.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/942elaV.gifv

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Thoatse posted:

For this move sure but I was responding to the idea of them being flown around for special appearances whenever Master Of Chips or Concierge Product Pusher Shover are needed in person so badly :cig: covers their shipping fees.

They are trying to make it more difficult for Ben to appear at Judge Gee's studio.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

I can see very faint abs but have Ben-like moobs at around 22%. gently caress my genes

That’s all BF %. Visible muscle separation occurs sub 15%. To get below 15%, go keto (nix all carbs), lift heavy, and ensure protein intake is sufficient to preserve lean mass. You can even try intermittent fasting, which gets good results on its own.

The key is to preserve lean mass as much as possible, since this will facilitate getting to low BF and seeing muscle separation (definition). In theory if you diet, without lifting, or eating enough protein, you will lose lean mass as much as you lose fat, keeping your BF % the same, and you’ll look like poo poo in the end. This is also known as the “skinny fats.”

Also, gently caress cardio. Don’t bother unless you really know what you are doing (most people don’t). Have an actual routine at the gym, lift heavy, and obey progressive overload principle.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So guys, how are things?

The past few months I've been playing those "remastered" Baldur's Gate series, which is the simple and effective ying to the Star Citizen bloated, nonfunctional Yang. This is helped by DnD being entirely modular anyway, so adding characters and new classes/powers etc isn't a big deal - but it is still impressive how the developer took not much money and made Baldur's gate work on Ipads and support modern hardware. The most impressive bit of it is the Siege of Dragonspear expansion - in addition to feeling fairly natural, it reunited the Voice Actors who played the parts after, what, 20 years? Hearing David Warner as Irenicus again gave me chills, not to mention Jim Cummings doing Minsc again.

Anyway, uh, no real revelation there, another software product that owns Star Citizen by existing and working

Which I guess is basically all existing, working software :thunk:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Ayn Marx posted:

Keep that trash away unless he actually has something interesting or funny to share. You should know better friend

Derek calling an ELE in two weeks will never not be funny :colbert:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

Kudos.

I tried to tell my step-dad to take up yoga as he threw out his back and most likely with have to retire due to it.

"No no, the acupuncture works."

gently caress.

Yoga is cool and good and maybe once I get a bit more svelte and flexible I'll start going to the local hottie yoga studio (above a Good Vibrations outlet lol) in the cool part of town. In the meantime I do this every day at home and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to be more flexible or has back issues and doesn't know where to start. My back used to suck but it's way better now and I'm more limber than friends a lot younger than I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VS6jgTTYAQ

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/K25eOts.gifv

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Warhawk109 posted:

Also, gently caress cardio. Don’t bother unless you really know what you are doing (most people don’t). Have an actual routine at the gym, lift heavy, and obey progressive overload principle.

Cardio will keep you alive mate.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hav posted:

Planking works. It's maintaining discipline that is hard.

Thanks for the suggestion

Thoatse posted:

Yoga is cool and good and maybe once I get a bit more svelte and flexible I'll start going to the local hottie yoga studio (above a Good Vibrations outlet lol) in the cool part of town. In the meantime I do this every day at home and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to be more flexible or has back issues and doesn't know where to start. My back used to suck but it's way better now and I'm more limber than friends a lot younger than I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VS6jgTTYAQ

Neat! Thanks!

Doubt I will get anywhere. I have to convince the stone that blood exists before it can be drawn.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

only one with enough cunning to come out of this with an untouchable nest egg.

And it contains his heart, in the nest of a giant Roc that it will take a hero with one thumb to vanquish.

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

Can ya jiggle 'em around for us?

Nebakenezzer posted:

The past few months I've been playing those "remastered" Baldur's Gate series, which is the simple and effective ying to the Star Citizen bloated, nonfunctional Yang.

Beamdog need props for the great work they've done there when they could have simply cashed in. I've now _bought_ Baldur's gate I and II more than five drat times.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I didn't know the HD version had new work by the voice actors! Nice

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Fact: people as big as the Lesnicks often have to pay for two seats apiece on an airliner.. their asses are way too big for a single seat (17 inch width) and fuel-wise they are more than 2 people each. I have a friend that *used to be as yuuuge as them and he hated flying because it was super humiliating on top of expensive af

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/comment/being-the-fat-person-on-a-plane/

https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/fat-fly-passenger-sues-southwest-airlines-discriminatory-actions/story?id=16271932

Another fat fact: when you are that big you need a $pecial scale or you have to weigh yourself like an airplane (one scale under each foot and add them together for the total). My buddy did neither and would estimate based on visual appearance compared to last time the doctor weighed him on the fatty scale. Bathroom scales only go up to 300#, and the cost goes up exponentially beyond that due to (wait for it) economies of scale :v:

*he bought a fatguy bicycle that looked like a motorcycle with pedals and stopped eating entire pizzas in a sitting... lost a bunch a weight started dating a vegan chick and lost a bunch more and can ride normal bikes now.

CIG actually had to book 2 seats for Ben...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

God I love this guy.

It's like his unconscious is completely in control.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

Cardio will keep you alive mate.

I get enough cardio in the bedroom.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Warhawk109 posted:

That’s all BF %. Visible muscle separation occurs sub 15%. To get below 15%, go keto (nix all carbs), lift heavy, and ensure protein intake is sufficient to preserve lean mass. You can even try intermittent fasting, which gets good results on its own.

The key is to preserve lean mass as much as possible, since this will facilitate getting to low BF and seeing muscle separation (definition). In theory if you diet, without lifting, or eating enough protein, you will lose lean mass as much as you lose fat, keeping your BF % the same, and you’ll look like poo poo in the end. This is also known as the “skinny fats.”

Thanks. I have a pretty strict bulk (nsuns) and cut (HIIT, 20/4 IF, and high deficit) routine. Chest is just where my body puts fat first I guess.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Warhawk109 posted:

You're suppose to make your heart beat faster, not your meat

Also, cardio only counts if you're doing it for a long period of time, you know, longer than two minutes

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

I sent this to my mom as a post-mother's-day present. She loves it.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mr.TopBurn

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

It was too easy, like a 0 level cantrip from Elminster, it's all a paltry prelude to the true fuckery

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

Thanks. I have a pretty strict bulk (nsuns) and cut (HIIT, 20/4 IF, and high deficit) routine. Chest is just where my body puts fat first I guess.

Nice. Yea HIIT is really the only form of cardio I’d recommend for preserving mass.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Drunk Theory posted:

You misunderstood me. I was saying Derek posting that was pointless, as it added nothing to us chuckling at Mr Fortune 500 company. I am aware why it was a rule violation.

Well then,.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

is this cr having a space wank?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

stinch posted:

I'm the balled up tissue

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

You're suppose to make your heart beat faster, not your meat

Also, cardio only counts if you're doing it for a long period of time, you know, longer than two minutes

Nice try. I have delayed ejaculation, so I last a very long time. I’m no two minute wonder. Most of the time I can’t even cum from thrusting.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Warhawk109 posted:

nudge nudge wink wink say no more a nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat, he says knowingly.

Warhawk109 posted:

Nice try. I have delayed ejaculation, so I last a very long time. I’m no two minute wonder. Most of the time I can’t even cum from thrusting.

Wrists OF steel

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cardio is super important and i love to go for runs and bike rides but man yoga is sorta my jam???

there is a yoga class that happens after work that i go to a lot and its great for migraines okay thats it thread bye

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Warhawk109 posted:

Also, gently caress cardio. Don’t bother unless you really know what you are doing (most people don’t).

lol this is probably the dumbest thing that's ever been written in this subforum. Good job mate

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Gosts posted:

I sent this to my mom as a post-mother's-day present. She loves it.

:hfive:

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I can only climax if I imagine myself sipping a glass of Xatharn 2320 while piloting my Idris M-class

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

stinch posted:

Everybody's clipping through the floors and I'm just sitting here masturbating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beet Wagon posted:

lol this is probably the dumbest thing that's ever been written in this subforum. Good job mate

cardio comes in more ways than just running everybody!!!! as long as your heart rate is up for an extended period of time that's cardio!!!!!!!!