Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Hotkey energy pizzas, laugh at most of the game. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

I prefer Valkyr Prime for it. Running up to enemies and chopping away with Twin Basolk, then going invulnerable to keep from dying on the way to the goal with ten or fifteen points. Really fun, I've started doing Index even when I don't have a boost thanks to those axes.

Wrong!, as John McLaughlin used to say. The correct answer is a slow Nova.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mesa is also really good, but you have to trust that your teammates can run points without loving it up

Mesa is my go-to for Index nowadays. Especially on the small map it doesn't really matter how bad your pubbie teammates are if you melt the enemy team every time they dare to venture into your line of sight.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I just Mesa and let people that want to run around pick stuff up. Usually end a 3 wave run with several hundred kills and zero points.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Psion posted:

I used rhino with no augs and it went fine. Now I run iron shrapnel for convenience and it’s fine too.

None of the others look appealing but being able to top off my armor at will is very nice.

Ironclad charge is obscene and you should use it.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tylana posted:

Hotkey energy pizzas, laugh at most of the game. :D

what does this even mean

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Ehh, Energizing Dash is better because it works immediately and you probably will always have operator form.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cerepol posted:

what does this even mean
Restores are called pizzas because they drop onto the ground as big discs and are a consumable.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Also, catalysts/reactors are called potatoes and relics are called cabbages. Tenno are basically those dudes on a desert isle hallucinating that their friends are talking cheeseburgers.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gitro posted:

So don't do that? If you can hit your 4 you can recast iron skin, which you want to be able to do if it's running low or you get a better charge off. Particularly in modes like index or other high damage, low target areas.
Yeah but I'm an idiot and don't like paying attention to whether I have the energy or not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if the only power you are using is iron skin, you probably have energy. if you are using other powers, you probably have to pay attention to that particular basic game mechanic.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if the only power you are using is iron skin, you probably have energy. if you are using other powers, you probably have to pay attention to that particular basic game mechanic.

Sometimes I do find myself without energy in a tight situation when the game is fickle with energy drops.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Mesa used to be my frame of choice for Index, until I discovered the joy of a Duality Equinox with a Kohm modded for fire rate, status chance, fire rate, and more fire rate. My clone kills faster than Mesa, and I can run around practicing my parkour and collecting points while it single handedly slaughters the entire enemy team in seconds. On the indoor map, you can deploy your clone on the little ridges on the wall across from the enemy spawn room and it will stay there and spawn camp them until it expires.

Mod for duration and durability, with enough energy that you can still cast your 1 when you've got points draining your energy.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

DoombatINC posted:

Also, catalysts/reactors are called potatoes and relics are called cabbages. Tenno are basically those dudes on a desert isle hallucinating that their friends are talking cheeseburgers.
We also call the Ayatan sculptures that tend to drop from sorties pineapples.

Seriously, I think it just makes it more clear we need to rename the game Warfarm.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Exilus = tomato
Onslaught added the efficiency macaroni

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

necrobobsledder posted:

We also call the Ayatan sculptures that tend to drop from sorties pineapples.

Seriously, I think it just makes it more clear we need to rename the game Warfarm.

Paint your Carrier purple and call it a floating eggplant.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Psion posted:

WINNERS (more like LOSERS ha ha)

Please direct any complaints about the cold, hard reality of RNG to random.org.

• Fragor Prime Set - Xun
  • Mirage Prime Set - S.J.
  • Saryn Prime SYS - Dry Hump
  • Saryn Prime SYS - Plastic Pal
  • Saryn Prime SYS - homebrand
  • Archwing mods - BeAuMaN, Plastic Pal, and Hutter! (see note below)
  • Ammo Drum - Archenteron
  • Mystery Prize - Spudd

did I forget to mention I had three saryn p chassis? oh well :allears:

Archwing: you don't get to pick the mods Beauman, that's cheating ;) ... but I'll give you a couple out of your missing list since I have some but not all spare, though. Plastic Pal and Hutter, I have a shameful number of AW mods so I'll give you AW mods too. Mods for everyone!

Collecting your prizes: my IGN is notpsion, message me if you see me ingame or ping me on the Warframe discord and if I can, I'll log in. Otherwise I'll keep an eye out for all of you while I grind Onslaught grind onslau---wait.

e: rerolled Fragor P because i'm a bad, sorry. Xun, you win!

okay, it's also saryn p systems and not chassis? how the gently caress am I even alive when I cannot write simple words. I should not be allowed to do these

so uh very sorry giveaway winners you get a much less impressive Saryn part ;(

Holy poo poo I never win stuff :stare:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

funkmeister posted:

Exilus = tomato
Onslaught added the efficiency macaroni

that's either a penne or a fusilli

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Avulsion posted:

Mesa used to be my frame of choice for Index, until I discovered the joy of a Duality Equinox with a Kohm modded for fire rate, status chance, fire rate, and more fire rate. My clone kills faster than Mesa, and I can run around practicing my parkour and collecting points while it single handedly slaughters the entire enemy team in seconds. On the indoor map, you can deploy your clone on the little ridges on the wall across from the enemy spawn room and it will stay there and spawn camp them until it expires.

Mod for duration and durability, with enough energy that you can still cast your 1 when you've got points draining your energy.

ooh, I like Equinox (t's the only frame I wish I could save > 3 load outs) and cheesing missions, so ...Why kohm, vs something semi-auto (perfect timing) or explosive (no self damage)? Or is it just any $GoodGun?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

gaj70 posted:

ooh, I like Equinox (t's the only frame I wish I could save > 3 load outs) and cheesing missions, so ...Why kohm, vs something semi-auto (perfect timing) or explosive (no self damage)? Or is it just any $GoodGun?

I actually got the idea for using Equinox after my Mesa was completely outclassed by a Duality Equinox using an Arca Scisco. You can use any GoodGun and a few not so good guns as long as they are hitscan, but I've got a good riven for the Kohm and it does an absolute shitload of damage. The only drawback is the ammo consumption, and the clones don't use ammo. It's also good for when I have to shoot someone myself.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Also the icon for kuva looks like a chilli pepper.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Avulsion posted:

I actually got the idea for using Equinox after my Mesa was completely outclassed by a Duality Equinox using an Arca Scisco. You can use any GoodGun and a few not so good guns as long as they are hitscan, but I've got a good riven for the Kohm and it does an absolute shitload of damage. The only drawback is the ammo consumption, and the clones don't use ammo. It's also good for when I have to shoot someone myself.

hmm, i'll have to try that out. i've got a couple ridiculously ammo-inefficient guns with rivens that make them even less ammo efficient.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Pound_Coin posted:

Xp is shared between non max ranked items, doing one at a time is the fastest.

I'm MR9 How the gently caress am I only learning this now?! Arrgh.

In other news, being an adult with disposable income, I opted to avoid the grind and just dropped some plat into the market for Condition Overload and Energy Conversion. There's still a few other mods I need for my Excal to really turn it into an Exalted Blade beast. Flow, Rage, and the elemental + status mods like Volcanic Edge, etc. Feels like I need to make a spreadsheet to keep track of all of them, but I'm having a blast figuring it all out.

I also just crafted Mire so I can squeeze in that little extra bit of toxic damage without spending any slots. Gonna have to toggle "hide when not equipped" because drat that sword is fugly.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 16, 2018

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

McKilligan posted:

I also just crafted Mire so I can squeeze in that little extra bit of toxic damage without spending any slots. Gonna have to toggle "hide when not equipped" because drat that sword is fugly.

The Frost and Inaros deluxe skin bundles both come with sword skins that fit the Mire, and there's a couple of tennogen skins as well.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

McKilligan posted:

I'm MR9 How the gently caress am I only learning this now?! Arrgh.
Warframe has a ton of poorly communicated concepts, like mod ordering. The order of elemental mods affects how they combine, and the order of sentinel/pet precepts determines their action priority.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

wid posted:

Also the icon for kuva looks like a chilli pepper.

I'm start to think internet ninjagame fatties are just obsessed with food

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm start to think internet ninjagame fatties are just obsessed with food

they're not wrong

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

McKilligan posted:

like some kinda fuckin toy store plastic barbarian sword made up of wiggly bio-flesh

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pound_Coin posted:

Xp is shared between non max ranked items, doing one at a time is the fastest.

Being carried through Hydron/Helene/Sanctuary with a full set of unranked is better, especially after getting an affinity boost.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Elysiume posted:

Warframe has a ton of poorly communicated concepts, like mod ordering. The order of elemental mods affects how they combine, and the order of sentinel/pet precepts determines their action priority.

I'm gonna have to figure this out - Ideally I'd like to mod for Corrosive / Blast, which shouldn't be too tricky, but it's annoying since your weapon stats don't reflect how they'll combine with Exalted Blade when it's active. I'm planning on just setting my blade to Heat element, slotting in Electric/Toxic into the weapon to assign corrosive, then a cold mod on it's own to hopefully make blast.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i believe the energy color element is counted last in mod order.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

McKilligan posted:

I'm gonna have to figure this out - Ideally I'd like to mod for Corrosive / Blast, which shouldn't be too tricky, but it's annoying since your weapon stats don't reflect how they'll combine with Exalted Blade when it's active. I'm planning on just setting my blade to Heat element, slotting in Electric/Toxic into the weapon to assign corrosive, then a cold mod on it's own to hopefully make blast.

If you are using the Mire, just fit cold/heat mods and set your color to electric. Mire's innate toxic damage will be added after all the mods, and chromatic blade's element will be added after that. If you've got a Primed Fever Strike, fit it last.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

1h swords have some nice skins available. I really like the arit on most frames, but some work better with frysta.

Speaking of mire, I've been trying to figure out how the hell to properly mod Inaros for maximizing the effect of elemental sandstorm. I'm assuming it functions similar to chromatic blade but I'm having problems finding a good balance. Regardless, it's hilarious to watch a screen full of slash and viral and rad procs all happen simultaneously within ~36 yards.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
After I finished WW, The first Riven mod that I got requires me to kill 8 animals with a spear. I guess I'm headed to Earth, then. When I first started playing, I messed around in the Market before the plains and I found a dude who makes custom swords - I assume you need a poo poo-ton of standing to craft them (which I haven't even begun to do), how do they stack up against other weapons, or are they just skins?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Zaws (the custom melee) are generally amazing and in some cases better than any of the normal weapons eg. balla dagger zaws
There's a zaw builder here that shows all the possible combinations and stats.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 16, 2018

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Rynoto posted:

Zaws (the custom melee) are generally amazing and in some cases better than any of the normal weapons eg. balla dagger zaws
There's a zaw builder here that shows all the possible combinations and stats.

Holy crap, some of those weapons can grant up to 36% status if built correctly, that's huge!. Given that Chromatic Blade's status chance scales with Power Strength, and is simultaneously being boosted by Energy Conversion, would building a status-heavy Zaw be pointless? Would I be better off with the Mire?

Also, since I can't really find a frame of reference, How long would it take to grind enough standing to get all the parts to make a baller zaw? Assuming I've done next to nothing on earth so far.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

McKilligan posted:

Holy crap, some of those weapons can grant up to 36% status if built correctly, that's huge!. Given that Chromatic Blade's status chance scales with Power Strength, and is simultaneously being boosted by Energy Conversion, would building a status-heavy Zaw be pointless? Would I be better off with the Mire?

Also, since I can't really find a frame of reference, How long would it take to grind enough standing to get all the parts to make a baller zaw? Assuming I've done next to nothing on earth so far.
Base stats on your melee weapon are irrelevant for exalted weapon skills like Exalted Blade. Your melee weapon in this case exists solely to hold mods that make Exalted Blade better. Mire just has a unique interaction in this regard.

Zaws can be a bit of an investment starting out, but they have the potential to be some of the best melee weapons in the game.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Pretty sure rank 3 for the Ostrons is enough to buy all the zaw parts, and then they're not terribly expensive. So maybe a week or two of maxed daily rep? And I personally don't use Chroma blade and can't comment.

E: Apparently it's Rank 4 to buy all the parts, so definitely closer to two weeks if your MR is decently high.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 16, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it can be pretty low on rep cost if you just use the Jai II link for hybrid zaws since it gives balanced stats (18% on status and crit chance, which are both more than workable) without tanking the speed or anything. good for a starter zaw and there's multiple weapon types that can pull off a hybrid well. links will be your main repsink when making zaws since all the actual strikes and grips only cost a small bit of rep and are all available from...rank 1 ostron rep, i think offhand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
can you do anything fun with the harpak or is it largely just a dumb gimmick