Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm moving to Canada in ten days and it suddenly occurs to me I'll be able to eat Coffee Crisp whenever I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Because how many people know about a c list troma movie

*raises hand*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I'm moving to Canada in ten days and it suddenly occurs to me I'll be able to eat Coffee Crisp whenever I like.

i don't recall seeing those when i lived in Toronto, and now i'm mad about it because they look amazing

i can't even find a store that sells those weird rear end "Sri Racha Blue Raspberry" jolly ranchers

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

precision posted:

i don't recall seeing those when i lived in Toronto, and now i'm mad about it because they look amazing

i can't even find a store that sells those weird rear end "Sri Racha Blue Raspberry" jolly ranchers

I'm going to have access to blackcurrant stuff, too, I'm excited.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anonymous Robot posted:

That was my concern, yeah.

I already bought the stripper, but is there maybe a different bluetooth output you’d recommend?

You don't buy a stripper, you hire her for an evening.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Egbert Souse posted:

And don't knock PB&J as it's food fit for kings, but frugal enough for paupers.

Starch, protein and fruit, it works. I didn't say I was abstaining, just that I wasn't going to subsist on it for the time being. And I got a whole new loaf of cheap wheat bread! And cheap rice!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah, but there's a ton of chocolate bars you won't see anymore, like PayDay, 100grand, mounds and more. I have no clue if any of those are any good. If you're a fan of sugary cereal you'll want to stock up before coming here too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yeah, but there's a ton of chocolate bars you won't see anymore, like PayDay, 100grand, mounds and more. I have no clue if any of those are any good. If you're a fan of sugary cereal you'll want to stock up before coming here too.

they made a version of PayDay that had barbecue seasoning on the nuts.

it tasted WAY better than it sounds, but nobody bought them anyway except me.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

If you're a fan of sugary cereal you'll want to stock up before coming here too.
I legit had one of my sisters bring me Cocoa Krispies when I lived in Calgary back in 2012. I don't even really eat cereal, but I'd been idly craving them for months at that point and couldn't find them anywhere.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Anonymous Robot posted:

That was my concern, yeah.

I already bought the stripper, but is there maybe a different bluetooth output you’d recommend?

Honestly they're all kinda interchangeable at that price point, but there are a few on Amazon that come with a rca-mini adapter out of the box, just get one with a2dp and you should be good

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The only one of those I'll miss is Mounds, but Bounty is just as good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Honestly they're all kinda interchangeable at that price point, but there are a few on Amazon that come with a rca-mini adapter out of the box, just get one with a2dp and you should be good

man, strippers have gotten complicated

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Anonymous Robot posted:

eSports owns because baseball dudes flip out when the rules change for the first time in 40 years. Imagine if Baseball 1.0071 was coming out every three weeks, and then eventually everyone was just expected to play Baseball 2, or some new sport about stacking cubes.

Realtalk thanks for stealing my abstract for this year's Esports Studies Conference

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
What's up with Americans calling Rockets Smarties? Don't you guys have real smarties down there?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blisster posted:

What's up with Americans calling Rockets Smarties? Don't you guys have real smarties down there?
These are Smarties as we know them:

We don't have those other ones. They're just worse M&Ms anyways.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Safety Factor posted:

These are Smarties as we know them:

We don't have those other ones. They're just worse M&Ms anyways.

loving thank you, I never understood Americans who would flip out about Canadian Smarties.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
if you're in America and you want "Canadian Smarties" just buy Sixlets, they're the exact same thing. sweeter than M&Ms.

edit: what the gently caress, Sixlets are Canadian, but they've always been for sale in every little gas station in the American South for 20+ years :psyduck:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sixlets are bad too.

The main candy thing I enjoyed in Canada was easy access to Maltesers. They were always available in the US, but were expensive as hell in the foreign food sections. We've started to get the buckets in recent years though.

precision posted:

Sixlets pale in comparison to Whoppers, God's Own Balls
I just posted about Maltesers too. Whoppers are just not worth eating.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 16, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sixlets pale in comparison to Whoppers, God's Own Balls

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i feel like if i turn the preamp up any higher you'll be able to hear me blink but i'll take it under advisement

It just sucks cause when I'm doing loud stuff at work I cant hear you in my headphones. I forget what podcast I was listening to today but when I saw you had a new episode up I switched over and had to nearly double the volume.

Imma still sign up for your patreon tho when I get paid next.

Also where is K Waste? That's another homie I'm waiting to start a patreon.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

there's loving crazy money in esports and the barrier to entry is near-nil since several of the biggest esport games are free

also, the biggest audience is college-age people

it's actually kind of a no-brainer that colleges are hopping on the trend

:hmmyes: Berkeley just opened a space on campus for htis...but lbr makes sense considering Overwatch is the only 'sport' we can say we're "national champions" in

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Because how many people know about a c list troma movie

:wave:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

It just sucks cause when I'm doing loud stuff at work I cant hear you in my headphones. I forget what podcast I was listening to today but when I saw you had a new episode up I switched over and had to nearly double the volume.

Imma still sign up for your patreon tho when I get paid next.

Also where is K Waste? That's another homie I'm waiting to start a patreon.

Yeah I’m probably too conservative with the overall volume. I’m used to avoiding peaks when I record music but it’s less of an issue with podcasts.

Thanx for the support!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/996255370451587072?s=21

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/996256018379214848

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Watching Brick and Drive back to back in what I’m calling the Tough Boys Double Feature

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Coffee And Pie posted:

Watching Brick and Drive back to back in what I’m calling the Tough Boys Double Feature

Brick, then Drive, then laugh at the property damage you just committed

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Primo tshirt material.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Watch Le Samourai for 1960s French Drive. :discourse:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Watch Le Samourai for 1960s French Drive. :discourse:

That’s been on my list for a really long time (since I encountered the DVD at work) but gently caress if I can stay up any later, jaboy is gonna pass out.

Also I’m working on a mystery story and I’m really satisfied with the twist that I came up with: so this dude’s boyfriend gets offed and nobody investigates because it’s just assumed to be a gay bashing incident. But then he gets these weird calls telling him to dig deeper. He thinks the bf owed money to people for drugs, but it turns out he was actually selling them. To the English professor, who’s running a doomsday sex cult. The calls? Made during dissociative episodes by the drugged up second in command, and friend of the protagonist. This is revealed by a second actress dressed exactly the same joining her on stage and they hold hands speaking in unison, then there's a blackout and when the lights come back there's only the original actress.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ohhhhhh I'm super not thrilled with the warm reception that Girl seems to be getting out of Cannes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah I’m probably too conservative with the overall volume. I’m used to avoiding peaks when I record music but it’s less of an issue with podcasts.

Thanx for the support!

Ken I will give you twenty dollars on the spot if you do a hauntedween episode with x-ray and I

Come on man you know you want to

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Ohhhhhh I'm super not thrilled with the warm reception that Girl seems to be getting out of Cannes

My realyime thought process was "okay a movie about a trans ballerina, that seems interes--oh played by a dude yeahhhhh no"

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Magic Hate Ball posted:

All dressed and ketchup chips toooooo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Death By The Blues posted:

All dressed and ketchup chips toooooo

Ketchup chips exist in America, just mostly in the South. They're good as hell and it's baffling to me that the rest of the country is like "that's nasty" like what are potatoes but ketchup delivery systems?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Starch, protein and fruit, it works. I didn't say I was abstaining, just that I wasn't going to subsist on it for the time being. And I got a whole new loaf of cheap wheat bread! And cheap rice!

There a thread in GWS about cooking on a budget which is absolutely brilliant. Check it out. It applies to anyone who doesn’t want to waste money on food, i.e. almost everyone. Rice is your friend!

Here is the thread. It’s crammed with great tips, advice and recipes.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442278&perpage=40

therattle fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 16, 2018

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Canned tuna is a great budget protein. I made a bowl of tuna salad last night using a can of tuna, spoonful of nonfat Greek yogurt (instead of mayo), and a diced Gala apple.

Also, I'm making that Sicilian sardine pasta dish either tomorrow or Friday night. Picked up everything I need except for the fennel (using Chef John's recipe).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I could go for some tuna the way my mom makes them right now. Canned tuna, mayo, onions, lime juice and a couple of those small spicy Asian chili.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Every time I'm in the grocery store I notice more and more potato chips with a bunch of weird poo poo on them. What happened to just enjoying regular loving chips?

(Replace "chips" with "crisps" if you are in the UK.)

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 16, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Egbert Souse posted:

Canned tuna is a great budget protein.

I like the "dry" vacuum packed stuff. It's a little more expensive but not much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Egbert Souse posted:

Canned tuna is a great budget protein. I made a bowl of tuna salad last night using a can of tuna, spoonful of nonfat Greek yogurt (instead of mayo), and a diced Gala apple.

Also, I'm making that Sicilian sardine pasta dish either tomorrow or Friday night. Picked up everything I need except for the fennel (using Chef John's recipe).

I'm confused by the whole apple as a salad thing, but intrigued with the greek yogurt instead of mayo thing.
Movie related: working on a mini-digital campaign for a short movie and they don't seem to want us to watch it.

• Locked thread