Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Even if you import a save you get to go through the whole character creation process so you can change your class or multiclass. Sort of makes sense with how the game starts. The race and culture stuff you chose last time will be highlighted but you can choose different ones.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXu9xpOWHXs

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

mods change my name posted:

Goons tend to amp themselves up to high expectations in games. About 4/10 will be total sycophants who will defend literally every thing, about 5 dudes who are even keeled, and one mental dude. Numbers may vary based on production value of said game

this applies to the 40k thread pretty well too. guess what category i fall under there :twisted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
huh i picked up POE at some point, giving it a go

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mods change my name posted:

Goons tend to amp themselves up to high expectations in games. About 4/10 will be total sycophants who will defend literally every thing, about 5 dudes who are even keeled, and one mental dude. Numbers may vary based on production value of said game

There was one lunatic who got into some very sad territory over pc racing sims. Straight up e/n poo poo. He hit a low point and hasn’t posted since.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
They're making Rage 2. Looks like it could actually be good, id is doing the FPS parts and the guys who made Just Cause and the Mad Max game are doing the open world driving parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQMytyBFeA

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Is subnautica good?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

subterfudge posted:

They're making Rage 2. Looks like it could actually be good, id is doing the FPS parts and the guys who made Just Cause and the Mad Max game are doing the open world driving parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQMytyBFeA

apparently this was mad max 2 but warner brothers got into an argument and lost or something

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

ElMaligno posted:

Is subnautica good?

I enjoyed it - haven't finished it yet, but it's a cool concept.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

Is subnautica good?

It's a fun game and it's base price is a good pricepoint.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Alright, I'm staring down the barrel of two months of convalescent leave, during which I won't really be able to walk, so I need some game recommendations. I've got a PS4, Xbox One and a decent gaming laptop so I'm open to anything. I hear Battletech is where it's at right now, but I've also got The Witcher 3 with all the DLC which I haven't really played at all, along with a ton on other stuff. Not really into stuff that's too difficult, just something kind of easy to zone out and play. Was thinking of restarting a town in Stardew Valley.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

Alright, I'm staring down the barrel of two months of convalescent leave, during which I won't really be able to walk, so I need some game recommendations. I've got a PS4, Xbox One and a decent gaming laptop so I'm open to anything. I hear Battletech is where it's at right now, but I've also got The Witcher 3 with all the DLC which I haven't really played at all, along with a ton on other stuff. Not really into stuff that's too difficult, just something kind of easy to zone out and play. Was thinking of restarting a town in Stardew Valley.

Stardew Valley is what I played after my surgery. I didn't do any pain medication so I needed something that wasn't too involved because the first week or so was pretty rough pain wise. Also Rimworld is easy to fall into if you want a light Dwarf Fortress-esque game to mess around with.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mother loving God of War

It’s really good

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Mother loving God of War

It’s really good

I actually finished that on Sunday. Just have all the post game collection and Valkyrie murdering left to do.

You're right, though, it is really good. I recommend it to anyone with a PS4, even if you didn't care much for the other games in that series. I didn't, but the new one is a whole other thing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Picked up Assassin's Creed Origins again so I could finally finish it. Man this game is way better than I expected it to be.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Picked up Assassin's Creed Origins again so I could finally finish it. Man this game is way better than I expected it to be.

It’s great. Syndicate is still my recent favorite.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ElMaligno posted:

Is subnautica good?

Oh, gently caress yeah

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ElMaligno posted:

Is subnautica good?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, gently caress yeah

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm still trucking along in Stellaris after like a month almost. It's absolutely amazing how much of a different and considerably better experience 2.0 and all the DLC makes it.

The new Path of Exile league starts the 1st and it looks amazing, so Stellaris and Battletech need to keep me entertained until then. Still haven't really touched BT yet either.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Stardew Valley is coming out for Vita next week. If you have it on ps4 then congrats its cross-buy so you have it too

I'm kinda excited, it's perfect for a handheld

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I already own it for the superior handheld :smuggo:

(But yes it’s like the platonic ideal of a good handheld game.)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the vita is still a thing? weird

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the vita is still a thing? weird

Sony just announced this month they're stopping production of the game carts

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

No R1 or L1 practically kills it but gently caress the vita is/was really good RIP for a while now

Still a handful of non-trash-anime games on it. For the price I still think it’s worth having one around...maybe

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Since I've been playing so much dwarf fortress and factorio I figure its time for a little dwarf fortress cross post

Taken second hand, but there is a whole thread on the DF forums of players developing and refining the system.

quote:

My understanding is that the bones of all good-aligned creatures used to carry a high value for trades, meaning any weapons or bonecraft made from them were quite valuable.

Some player decided to take this to its logical conclusion. Settling near a good aligned ocean, they engineered a way to trap mermaids and mermen (good aligned sea creatures) and chain them to a wall.

The player engineered the chamber to flush water past the mermaids, so that the mermaids chained to the wall could not move, but any babies that were born would be taken away and moved to a chamber where they would be lifted out of the water and air-drowned and then pulverized into flesh and bones (since dwarves back then would never butcher sentient creatures). This pile of infant mermaid flesh and bones would then be deposited into a stockpile where the local dwarves could access them for food and super-valuable bonecrafting.

The entire contraption ran on its own, requiring no manual input from player or dwarf alike.

This horrified Toady so much that he decided to nerf the value of good-aligned creature bones down to 1. This marks one of the few times Toady...who seems to tolerate all kinds of death, destruction and mutilation in his game, has ever actually been horrified to the point of adjusting the game.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

haha i love it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYhSmXBgIw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqwaWDkSuJU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You all play new poo poo and I still go have fun in Doom for an hour or two

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
State of Decay 2 is apparently coming out the 22nd. I absolutely loved the first one and had no idea they were making another.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

State of Decay 2 is apparently coming out the 22nd. I absolutely loved the first one and had no idea they were making another.

The first time i went into a house that was infested was some terrifying poo poo. Lost my whole raiding party to god drat zombies.

Shiiiit it's gonna have multiplayer :getin: Gonna bag some zombies with goons.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 19, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

The initial reviews aren't looking great. But I'll probably get it anyway.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

The initial reviews aren't looking great. But I'll probably get it anyway.

It's half the price of Call of Duty IIII or whatever the gently caress it is, and I liked the first one, doing it co-op probably is the winning play.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

The first time i went into a house that was infested was some terrifying poo poo. Lost my whole raiding party to god drat zombies.

Shiiiit it's gonna have multiplayer :getin: Gonna bag some zombies with goons.

Loved the first and was waiting for this to come out. I’m looking forward to playing this with goons as well. Even if it’s buggy, so was the first and that was perfectly fun to play.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

It's half the price of Call of Duty IIII or whatever the gently caress it is, and I liked the first one, doing it co-op probably is the winning play.

Which platform? Let's do a GiP squad

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Which platform? Let's do a GiP squad

It's PC/Xbox cross play, so whatever you want. I just hope we can do custom names, so we can name our squads after gip icons.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m still working through Dad of War slowly

gently caress it’s so good. Frequent patches are annoying but I’m also happy they’re pumping out fixes so early on. Definitely on par with TLOU as far as story telling and acting. Wrecking poo poo as a god/demi-god has never been so fun

I don’t get emotionally moved by games much but they definitely strum on some heart strings with the lovely Laconism Spartan father and his son dynamic evolving throughout

My favorite so far:

when Kratos is in the portal and gets pulled out and is immediately livid for a second, only to see all the bodies and his son pulling arrows out of said bodies

I never got into the previous ones but weren’t they overall a pretty “meh” ARPG with a lame story? I realize they’re nothing like this one. Also, was everything involving his wife/kid touched on in the previous games or is that just something you’re thrown into not knowing and the game expands on it throughout? or maybe I’m not paying attention enough as I take in the set pieces

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I never got into the previous ones but weren’t they overall a pretty “meh” ARPG with a lame story? I realize they’re nothing like this one. Also, was everything involving his wife/kid touched on in the previous games or is that just something you’re thrown into not knowing and the game expands on it throughout? or maybe I’m not paying attention enough as I take in the set pieces

1-3 was pure visceral satisfaction from being a (demigod) wrecking ball made of nothing but rage and violence. Between the whole Laconism and ganking his first family while in the process of selling his soul it does kinda cover why Kratos is completely detached. The poo poo with Pandora in 3 showed him reluctantly, unwillingly regaining a little bit of a gently caress to give and then having it completely snatched away, fueling the insane murder ball for the climactic end.

His (second) wife and kid are a completely new thing, part of the necessary evolution of character both with Kratos himself and the series as a whole in order to avoid the Call of Duty same-poo poo-different-day rehash churn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
this is for you VR people

this is the only decent VR thing I've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAlwSC5PQZo