Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I miss Outrun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

I miss Outrun

Get yakuza

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

beep by grandpa posted:

I want to get really fuckeng high and play horizon chase turbo just ripped out of my god drat gills

I did this with Thumper and it was a huge mistake

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Started Yakuza 0 and just finished the first chapter. The combat is just so-so and for some reason the developers couldn't figure out how to make the subtitles not look like PS1-era aliased mess in TYOOL 2015 but everything else is top notch so far!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Any word on a NG+ for GOW before I start it again?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I did this with Thumper and it was a huge mistake

I had to google this and LMfaooooooooo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Any word on a NG+ for GOW before I start it again?

Nah. I think the devs have mentioned wanting it to exist so maybe 4-5 months like HZD. I've played it through twice already and it didn't diminish my enjoyment because I cranked up the difficulty.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anytime I decide that I wanna get really loving stoned and play a game I overdo it to the point where I basically just sit and stare at my games list for like an hour.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

beep by grandpa posted:

I had to google this and LMfaooooooooo

It also supports VR :getin:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

haveblue posted:

It also supports VR :getin:

"Supports" in this case is code for "is best in."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

On PC Just Cause 2 was very fun, because with all weapons available to spawn everywhere, it was just cool to visit cool places, desert, snow, cities, then do cool stuns. I did a lot of that with my cousin, when he was something like 5 years old. Just Cause 3, .. I did not liked it, because the map looked too similar.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fix posted:

"Supports" in this case is code for "is best in."

I think I might have gone Scanners if I tried this

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What are some solid games to play high?or games to DEFINITELY avoid? Equally important imhp (in my humble 'pinion).

My state is legalizing it soon and I think Bloodborne might be too much even tho I'm more familiar with yharnam than my own car at this point

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The only bad games for weed I can imagine are like, Virtua Essayist and Cop Yells At You Simulator. Actually MHW isn't great stoned since focused preparation is a big part of it, you kind of need your wits about you. I ran up a lot of playtime wandering back and forth across town and menus.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

What are some solid games to play high?or games to DEFINITELY avoid? Equally important imhp (in my humble 'pinion).

My state is legalizing it soon and I think Bloodborne might be too much even tho I'm more familiar with yharnam than my own car at this point

Rez Infinite You can actually play on traveling mode (invincible training mode) so you don't get a game over.

Sometimes it's fun to do repetitive or grinding stuff since you have more tolerance for monotony. I did a bunch of Street Fighter trials and had a much more chill time than sober.

Bloodborne is okay when you're familiar with it, but you're definitely not playing with a full deck. Nice for some of the lame chalices at least.

I've had bad experiences playing games like Resident Evil and Castlevania. Obviously don't pick anything with a story you want to experience.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i don't think i've played a single game stoned and thought "this would be better if i was sober".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

beep by grandpa posted:

Bloodborne will blow your mind. I remember playing it and rolling up to one reborn absolutely blazed and I freaked out. It owned.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to replay accounting plus while high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0sQsUJkJO8

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

acksplode posted:

Cop Yells At You Simulator.

I don't know wtf this is but I've been laughing out loud at out all night and ive been trying to stop but the giggles keep coming out as I imagine your controls being Roll Up Window and Look For Proof of Insurance and Confess While Crying gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr Cheeto posted:

No, "gently caress onions" was part of a gibberish email he received and posted on Twitter after announcing that Boss Key is dead

I still don't get why he tweeted that out, I get gibberish spam emails all the time and I'm not narcissistic enough to think that it has anything to do with me

Also I enjoyed that one of his follow-up tweets was "At least now I'll have time to play God of War! :)" while his employees are scrambling to figure out how to keep their lives from derailing completely

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 16, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Hotline Miami owns while high, so does HZD but I tend to get distracted by open world games when under the influence.

I honestly prefer corridor shooters or something similar as the action comes at you and you don’t have to worry about finding something cool to do.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
With no hesitation I will say playing Journey as high as possible if you’ve never played it before is transcendental

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't know wtf this is but I've been laughing out loud at out all night and ive been trying to stop but the giggles keep coming out as I imagine your controls being Roll Up Window and Look For Proof of Insurance and Confess While Crying gently caress

You get shot

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

With no hesitation I will say playing Journey as high as possible if you’ve never played it before is transcendental

I didn't understand how to leave the very first area, but that didn't dampen my spirits at all.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Policenaut posted:

I miss Outrun

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is great fun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bust Rodd posted:

I did this and had no idea that the other characters were real people until the very end.

It was very moving.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bust Rodd posted:

I did this too and the first time one of those big centipede enemies boomed out of the sand I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Should I get assasi

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I did this too and the first time one of those big centipede enemies boomed out of the sand I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

Same as my 8 year old when she played it. but cause 8 ,not drugs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

acksplode posted:

Cop Yells At You Simulator.

LA Noire?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Most of Yakuza Kiwami substories are pretty boring but I couldn't stop laughing at the one where Kiryu gets coached into going to a bar by a begging host and it turns out Majima was the barman.

That "Nani!?" coupled with the following "I'm gone." were just great.

I'm getting the hang of combat too, it's just weird to me that so many essential abilities need to be unlocked.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Most of the cool Kiwami sub-stories are new and follow-ups from stuff in Zero. I think all the generic "random thugs try to scam Kiryu" are from the original

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Match girl....

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Match girl....
My favorite version of her is in Kenzan where she's selling hot peppers dressed in a hot pepper costume.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Most of the cool Kiwami sub-stories are new and follow-ups from stuff in Zero. I think all the generic "random thugs try to scam Kiryu" are from the original

I never know if I should play along or just try to punch immediately on those

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yea, like, I've ran on 4 or 5 that are just random guys coming up to me and going "Hey, you own me money" or "You should pay our bill" or something like that, and for some reason the game actually gives me a reason to pay the guys, which I never take. I beat them up and that's the sidestory :geno:

At least they give Exp.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I died when I met Goromi. Yakuza is the best

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DrNutt posted:

Anytime I decide that I wanna get really loving stoned and play a game I overdo it to the point where I basically just sit and stare at my games list for like an hour.

This. I am like, ooh I’m gonna get stoned and play games... *smokes* oh I know what, let’s go to bed instead!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bust Rodd posted:

PixelJunk Eden.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finished Chapter 1 of Yakuza 0. Pretty fun. Crazy tonal shifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Finished Chapter 1 of Yakuza 0. Pretty fun. Crazy tonal shifts.

Oh strap in friend!