Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

i can believe shinji having friends was all he needed

i kinda wanna play this game now

SRWV is a great introduction to the franchise I think. It is one of the most overall solid entries in the franchise and while it doesn't hit the highs of the highs it is A) In English and B) Still firmly solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

Physical Vita game production will end for western territories by the end of the fiscal year (March 2019)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So when will the memory cards stop being produced? As long as digital downloads are available, we should be okay, right?

.... Vita is dead.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Don't worry they wouldn't do that soon they'll patch it so we can use third party memory

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Memory Card production for the west stopped in 2016 or earlier. The only alternatives are hacks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

Memory Card production for the west stopped in 2016 or earlier. The only alternatives are hacks.

Or importing Asian Memory cards.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What are my options for a physical copy of SRW V Vita without paying over the odds on eBay?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

TV Zombie posted:

So when will the memory cards stop being produced? As long as digital downloads are available, we should be okay, right?

.... Vita is dead.

Honestly this is my only worry - there're a bunch of games I still want to play on Vita, so I don't care about physical production, but once the card I have dies, that thing is useless.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Memory cards and western Vita units stopped production over two years ago. They are still produced for Japan and Asia.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NinjaDebugger posted:

Shinji learning to be hot blooded is the great triumph of SRW as a series.

They included Eva in a SRW game?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Evangelion is stupidly popular and has giant meat-robots. There was 0 chance it wouldn't turn up repeatedly. It's even in V, but I think the "Shinji learns to be Hot Blooded" bit is in Alpha 2-3?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've never played a SRW game I just thought Eva was too weird to include with other mecha series

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A few times, as the TV series, End of Evangelion and 1.0/2.0/3.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt77nS05-Q4

I like MX a lot because it had Evangelion and RahXephon for extra fun. Ayato retuning everything so poo poo like Prince of Darkness didn't happen is also great.

J is my overall favourite though.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've never played a SRW game I just thought Eva was too weird to include with other mecha series

UX had fuckin' Demonbane and a Hatsune Miku variant of Fei-Yen. Almost anything is possible.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's cool

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

UX had fuckin' Demonbane and a Hatsune Miku variant of Fei-Yen. Almost anything is possible.

I wonder what the most outlandish thing they've had in SRW is. I know they had Space Runaway Ideon in at least once, complete with its ability to give you a game over if you use it too much.

I've got a pretty limited experience of the games, sadly. My favorite series that has been in the game is definitely Go Lion, but my favorite to actually use in the game was probably Zoids Origin in... one of the DS games. I forget which.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Friggin’ Shin-Chan was in SRW. Shin-Chan.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You can absolutely use SD2Vita for games that you own, it requires hacking your system but you can pay for and download games off psn just fine. If you have a 3G vita you can even get an adapter that replaces the 3G card and leave your game slot open.
Do yourself a huge favor and don't pay for memory that's going to fail on you.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Liver Disaster posted:

You can absolutely use SD2Vita for games that you own, it requires hacking your system but you can pay for and download games off psn just fine. If you have a 3G vita you can even get an adapter that replaces the 3G card and leave your game slot open.
Do yourself a huge favor and don't pay for memory that's going to fail on you.

What can you recommend to learn more about SD2Vita? I’m upset with my second card failing and would like any alternative to a first party card.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

What can you recommend to learn more about SD2Vita? I’m upset with my second card failing and would like any alternative to a first party card.

SD2Vita is a game card with an SD card slot that CFW can read from to play pirated games homebrew. They're all over ebay cheap.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's a story that Gainax was gonna be stuffy about it but Anno basically demanded that they allow it to happen.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hadji murad posted:

You have to be on the 3.60 firmware to use it at all at the moment, but it looks like 3.65 is going to become the new base soon. Like Dehry said it takes up your game card slot so it's amazing if you have a ton of games on PSN. There is a patch to allow you to access PSN from a hacked vita and the system will treat the micro sd card in your game slot as the memory card, so it's a cheap and much more reliable way to keep all of your vita/psp/ps1 games with you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dehry posted:

https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

Physical Vita game production will end for western territories by the end of the fiscal year (March 2019)

*hand grasping a Vita bursts out of grave soil*

Looks like every gets to keep importing physical SEA Vita releases.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The last time I've seen a physical Vita card in retail around here was years ago. They were still producing those?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Sakurazuka posted:

What are my options for a physical copy of SRW V Vita without paying over the odds on eBay?

I also would like to know the answer to this question because the only answer I have is PlayAsia

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think there are any :(

I can just get the PS4 version digitally at least

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Ok, I know this is stretching quite a bit, but I don't think there even still is a PSP thread to bring back from the dead, so I think it fits best here.

Anyone know what to look for when replacing a psp 3000 battery? Mine got all bulgy and such. Amazon has a bunch of Chinese knockoff batteries but they all seem to have kinda poo poo reviews and seem like the kinda thing that has a 15% chance of blowing up. Is that just the price for wanting to use old, dead tech (like the vita, haha)?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Free Drinks posted:

Ok, I know this is stretching quite a bit, but I don't think there even still is a PSP thread to bring back from the dead, so I think it fits best here.

Anyone know what to look for when replacing a psp 3000 battery? Mine got all bulgy and such. Amazon has a bunch of Chinese knockoff batteries but they all seem to have kinda poo poo reviews and seem like the kinda thing that has a 15% chance of blowing up. Is that just the price for wanting to use old, dead tech (like the vita, haha)?

eBay would probably be your best bet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

when there are no more anime titties in Hell, the dead will walk the earth

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Free Drinks posted:

There's plenty on ebay, knockoffs but with decent reviews. I'm sure they wont last very long (in terms of lifespan) compared to a real one but they're cheap and probably useable. Of course you can play a psp straight from the power cable with no battery at all but that wont help if you want to use it portably of course

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Free Drinks posted:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%...rds=psp+battery

Just order it from amazon. Shipping from Japan usually takes 3 downs. It's really fast.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Asia English cartridges might keep some indie games alive, but anyone wanting to sell a game with DLC will be out of luck because the Vita will have to be wiped and signed in to an Asia PSN account to be used.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I had some time to kill and looked at the video game section at Yodobashi Camera. The space for Vita stuff was huge. It made me happy because I love the Vita expect for memory cards failing on me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hadji murad posted:

I had some time to kill and looked at the video game section at Yodobashi Camera. The space for Vita stuff was huge. It made me happy because I love the Vita expect for memory cards failing on me.

Knowing Yodobashi, I could see the Vita section taking an entire floor. I'm only exaggerating a little bit.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
And every game was anime.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

e: oh no wrong thread but it was a gif of shirtless link

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Appropriate

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Help Im Alive posted:

e: oh no wrong thread but it was a gif of shirtless link

Link is anime, I think it'd be ok here.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
What's the difference between Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative? Are they two seperately unrelated stories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not unrelated, Alternative is a sequel/side version to Muv Luv