Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Conot posted:

It amuses me that Horikoshi managed to atleast line Ochako's solo panel while Tsuyu's is sketchy as gently caress.

Really makes you think about which girl is his favourite.

If that's the standard by which we're judging his preferences, than he must really loving hate Tooru. Guy never even bothers sketching a single line of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

If that's the standard by which we're judging his preferences, than he must really loving hate Tooru. Guy never even bothers sketching a single line of her.

But she's in like, *every* panel, even if she doesn't have any speech.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Getting really loving sick of Tooru.
She has to tag along on every single arc. But then never freaking does anything!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
they're both still cute.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That sketchy Froppy is kind of even cuter than she normally is. I think it's the soft edges.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think it's because she's smiling instead of that usual blank expression she has. Like, her eyebrows are arched up and the edges of her mouth aren't drooping back down. It'll probably be just as cute once it's inked.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

gmq posted:

At the speed everything's going, I doubt we'll see them going into second year until maybe 2030.

how much time has been spent in the comic so far anyway

these kids are going to get ptsd from running into mortal peril every month

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

I was being snippy in my post but I'm honestly not sure. The training camp was 3 months into the school year then the rescue happens immediately after. Is the date mentioned anywhere in the overhaul arc?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oxxidation posted:

I can't recall offhand but I think they're a few months off the end of their first year.

Japanese school is a trimester system and the lodge attack is towards the end of their summer break between the first and second trimester. It has been about 2ish months and some change since then.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The cultural festival always takes place in the fall semester so it hasn't hit winter yet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Please give us an anime filler episode where, because he can't jump around everywhere anymore, All Might has to get his driver's license.

who's gonna be the piccolo to all might's goku in this driving license episode

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Deku's mom, obviously.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Manatee Cannon posted:

Eraserhead.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nezu

edit to prevent double post:
https://twitter.com/Hejibits/status/996077307277148161

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 14, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Endeavor.

One keeps crashing because he can't see poo poo because he keeps coughing up blood on his windscreen
The other just sets the car on fire.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mulderman posted:

Endeavor.

One keeps crashing because he can't see poo poo because he keeps coughing up blood on his windscreen
The other just sets the car on fire.
It ends up looking like that scene from Good Omens where they're holding the car together by sheer force of will. Go beyond (the speed limit)!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Vigilantes was neat. Knuckle Duster improving from just being a punch-first hot head was real neat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, Vigilantes was neat. Knuckle Duster improving from just being a punch-first hot head was real neat.

You mean Vigilantes is neat as they released a new chapter over the weekend and it is quite clear that they plan to continue with the series.

I do like it how they justify what they are doing and it was fun seeing Captain Celebrity briefly not act like an rear end in a top hat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

You mean Vigilantes is neat as they released a new chapter over the weekend and it is quite clear that they plan to continue with the series.

No, actually I meant, 'Wow, Vigilantes was neat.' as I had just finished binging through everything.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

No, actually I meant, 'Wow, Vigilantes was neat.' as I had just finished binging through everything.

That does make sense so I am sorry for putting words into your mouth.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
fitting that the worst arc would end with the worst art imho

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Relin posted:

the art is way better than your posting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

the art is way better than your posting

Deku was using way more force than was necessary.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Considering Gentle was barely harmed at all, and Deku was the one who came out of it looking all beaten up despite winning the fight, I'd argue that might not be the case.

Powerbombing a dude into a construction site would definitely have made him look like a crazy person to some bystander without context though.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Oh are we bringing up thread discussion cycles?

I have strong opinions on Mineta.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Relin posted:

this one was p good
there's an incredibly clear worst arc in this manga to date

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Shere posted:

Okay sure but what about Bakugo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

this one was p good
there's an incredibly clear worst arc in this manga to date

I wonder if the anime is gonna take any liberties with shuffling things around and restructuring The Overhaul Show because even though I think it could use plenty of surgery there's definitely a bunch of great moments in it. But eventually the fatigue set in and it was harder and harder to care about those moments.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 16, 2018

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Everything with Mirio was genuinely great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so All Might, but- now stay with me here- All Might with a gun.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so All Might, but- now stay with me here- All Might with a gun.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Shere posted:

Oda is sexist.
Oh wait, wrong topic.

Females in My Hero Academia never get to do anything.
There we go.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I wonder if the anime is gonna take any liberties with shuffling things around and restructuring The Overhaul Show because even though I think it could use plenty of surgery there's definitely a bunch of great moments in it. But eventually the fatigue set in and it was harder and harder to care about those moments.

I wonder how they're going to pull off things like us actually seeing Shigaraki's power in action liquefying that guy, to say nothing of him and Compress taking their revenge, or all the times Overhaul exploded people; there were some brutal moments in that arc.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Honestly, if they keep the same pacing, like 1 fight per episode, they can greatly improve the enjoyment of that arc.
Part of the issue some people had with the Overhaul arc was the pacing, and so far they've done a great job adapting multiple chapters per episode.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'm pretty sure One for All is really nanomachines, which is why it can be passed on unlike all the other quirks.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Another problem with the Overhaul arc was introducing a bunch of new faces then immediately giving them multi chapter fights combined with flashbacks out of nowhere (which gets back to the pacing issue), while also having the girl team basically ignored. Some of the fights were also incredibly difficult to follow like Suneater's.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
yeah that arc was a little hard to follow definitely

but i loved everything w/ mirio, would like to see where they go w/ him now

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

I wonder what they'll edit in place of Mustard's gun for the western release

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Nonexistence posted:

A lollipop.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Nonexistence posted:

Judging by the funimation dub.... A gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Okay, but what about the real dub? It's either invisible or a generic super soaker, and I'd bet on the former here.