Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Media Bloodbath posted:

Sierra Madre Games backed this :laugh:

Phil Eklund is Swedish, isn't he? He's found another Swedish self-obsessed lunatic into boardgames and thinks he might have a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

some loving LIAR posted:

As most of the title is in English I have no choice but to believe that the first word is, too.

"Jag" is the first-person pronoun in Swedish, so I'm guessing that's what she's going for.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Antivehicular posted:

If it helps, this looks "Powered by the Apocalypse" in the loosest possible sense, probably just in using d6s. Nothing else they describe about the game (universal mechanics with only a very broad theme, full character creation instead of playbooks, granular combat that isn't "dangerous") is PbtA-y at all.

I wondered. It seemed heavier on stats for character creation than PbtA looks. (In that it seems more involved than, say, Masks.)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

At least two people have said they're quitting games writing as a direct result of my kickstarter and I guess I wish I'd known I had this power a long time ago.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

At least two people have said they're quitting games writing as a direct result of my kickstarter
...I just have to ask now: was it that good or that bad?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The Kickstarter is comedic in its presentation and marketing and I guess some VERY SERIOUS PEOPLE are offended at the idea that people might enjoy that.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

At least two people have said they're quitting games writing as a direct result of my kickstarter and I guess I wish I'd known I had this power a long time ago.

if you make this a stretch goal i'll back your kickstabr

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just cancelled my dollar Confrontation pledge just before it shuts down. Hopefully the backers at the normal level don't realize there are over 800 early bird slots open right now. That money shift would definitely bring it dangerously close to its basic funding level.

I figure I will just buy the Mid Nor stuff from someone on ebay after it ships, or in some kind of bundle when they launch the kickstarter for the game they are actually doing.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

The second edition of Avery Alder's Dream Askew is being Kickstartered along with Dream Apart.

Dream Askew has gotten played regularly at the two major cons here in Sweden. Can't speak for the other game but it's probably fine too.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just cancelled my dollar Confrontation pledge just before it shuts down. Hopefully the backers at the normal level don't realize there are over 800 early bird slots open right now. That money shift would definitely bring it dangerously close to its basic funding level.

I figure I will just buy the Mid Nor stuff from someone on ebay after it ships, or in some kind of bundle when they launch the kickstarter for the game they are actually doing.

Can anyone sum up for me what's happened with this? I see a lotta people calling it a garbage fire and I saw that it dropped like 300k but there's 15k comments on the page and half of it's in some inscrutable dead language

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
My understanding is that the knife in the heart of Confrontation was that you could buy the whole big 14-army box for $mucho, but not individual armies.

So they added the option of buying individual armies as a stretch goal.

So... the only way to attract the backers who only want one or two armies is to claw in people willing to back for the whole box. Which is completely backward.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw preview images of the models before the Kickstarter launched, and was actually planning on getting a couple boxes of dudes because I thought they would work great as Cultists in some future Slaanesh army I would build.

oh well

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Can anyone sum up for me what's happened with this? I see a lotta people calling it a garbage fire and I saw that it dropped like 300k but there's 15k comments on the page and half of it's in some inscrutable dead language

They spent several days refusing to answer the question of what material the models were going to be made, from which killed the initial momentum. It is a shame, I like Confrontation because I got to play a little before it went under.

They are Kickstarting a separate new edition of the game in the future, so a lot of people are probably waiting for that too.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
All models will be constructed solely of balsa wood.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

From what I could figure, it was impossible to unlock the stretch goal of individual armies with the backers they had because there was no path for them to bring in that much more money.

Instead of offering what everyone wanted (a la cart factions) while incentivizing the big box as a sweet spot, they dumped the all-in pledge and said it was their way or the highway.

And now they have to deliver based on their initial funding goal, which is honestly a little skimpy for a project this size.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Lord_Hambrose posted:

They spent several days refusing to answer the question of what material the models were going to be made, from which killed the initial momentum.

Did they actually answer that?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Eventually. Basically it is not the good plastic, but the acceptable plastic. If they don't decide to go cheaper of course.

Glad they have a resin version that only 5 people are backing too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

All models will be constructed solely of balsa wood.

play doh

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hauki posted:

play doh

edible or non-edible

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Orcs are serious business and need to be treated with respect, like in Warhammer or Warcraft.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

what got kickstarted, anyway, and how cool were its goofy orcs

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

edible or non-edible

Everything's edible if you try hard enough.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

what got kickstarted, anyway, and how cool were its goofy orcs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1930759690/orc-stabr

Limm's a pretty cool Orc. The main complaint and reason for "quitting the industry" was that a rules-lite RPG presented in a funny and comedic way was either "too ironic" or "a gag" or "fake" and the fact that we got 250~ backers was a personal insult to these galaxy brains.

I won't name names but at least one of these people had ran fairly successful campaigns and have writers credits on real published books. A couple of them are just no-name indie pubs with a couple heartbreakers under their belt tho.

Generally the response has been really positive and wholesome, its just the negative side has been so disproportionate.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Limm's a pretty cool Orc. The main complaint and reason for "quitting the industry" was that a rules-lite RPG presented in a funny and comedic way was either "too ironic" or "a gag" or "fake" and the fact that we got 250~ backers was a personal insult to these galaxy brains.

I won't name names but at least one of these people had ran fairly successful campaigns and have writers credits on real published books. A couple of them are just no-name indie pubs with a couple heartbreakers under their belt tho.

Generally the response has been really positive and wholesome, its just the negative side has been so disproportionate.

add a stretch goal, when you hit $250,000 you're gonna expand it into a crunchy combat-driven game with a complex morality alignment system

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

We joked about an absurdly high stretch goal being "Two pages of rules" at one point, but decided it'd be better to retain the purity of it on the front. The amount of extra poo poo we're putting in the envelopes at this point is frankly getting absurd and I'm really excited for when people get their copies and find all this stuff we've got planned. We might reveal some of it in updates in the last 24hrs, maybe.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Now I kind of want to back this

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I don't know if I've ever seen a kickstarter with quite the same funding trend. It starts with a big spike on the first day and then continuously loses funding as it goes on. It ended with 66% of what it raised day one. And that's after they added big expensive addons throughout the campaign. I don't know why I've been so morbidly fascinated by this campaign. I feel like if they had ran it better, or just had a $100ish buy in, they could probably have gotten 3 times as much money.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

We joked about an absurdly high stretch goal being "Two pages of rules" at one point, but decided it'd be better to retain the purity of it on the front. The amount of extra poo poo we're putting in the envelopes at this point is frankly getting absurd and I'm really excited for when people get their copies and find all this stuff we've got planned. We might reveal some of it in updates in the last 24hrs, maybe.

Just make the second page an identical copy of the first page.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Got the draft rules for The King is Dead today and this game looks awesome. It's Fiasco of Thrones with cards instead of dice and more structure and story base. Very excited for my books. Might try to run a game on these fine forums.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

...aaaand backed.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Umbra Dubium posted:

...aaaand backed.

:same:

Looking forward to the best awkwardly-repaired goblin-mangled RPG of 2018

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Aw jeez ya'll

If anyone is going to GenCon, we'll be doing a small meetup where Limm will make an appearance and hand out copies to anyone that wants to get them there, so look out for that in the survey.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Welp, you got my :10bux:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

My FLGS owner who is also a very serious RPG publisher was gushing on Facebook about being a $10 backer on the project. Screw the haters.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

LongDarkNight posted:

My FLGS owner who is also a very serious RPG publisher was gushing on Facebook about being a $10 backer on the project. Screw the haters.

That's dope as hell. Like I said we've had a ton of great people getting onboard with the concept and getting really into the concept. Actually one or two FLGSs have asked me to send them some copies for their shops after the KS wraps, so if yours fancies it, I could get in touch.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I was going to ignore Limm's pleas for gold but that video was really charming and good. Backed!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LongDarkNight posted:

I’ve lost track, what project is it?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like if they had ran it better, or just had a $100ish buy in, they could probably have gotten 3 times as much money.

The game was poised to make an absolute killing, too. People routinely pay absurd money for the old sculpts, the game is solid, and all the work has been done.

They just needed to step in, connect the dots, and make a million dollars. Instead they somehow managed not to, against all odds.

I was hoping they'd pull the plug and relaunch fresh and fixed, but it didn't happen.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Well I’ve spent :10bux:on worse things...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ_Ferret
May 1, 2006

The living pipe cleaner

Subjunctive posted:

I’ve lost track, what project is it?

I tried to fund it entirely, but by the time I got online it was already at 400% funded...