Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Lol goddamn I thought I was having trouble with squats today because I didn't have enough sleep for the past few days turns out I was using 35s instead of 25s and cranking out PRs

It's like finding a hundred in your pocket. Technically you already had it in you but still feels awesome

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

We’re stronger than we believe

Break all records, push past the pain, become legendary

(Until your joints snap and your tendons break and you need heart surgery like cj fletcher)

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

UnfurledSails posted:

Lol goddamn I thought I was having trouble with squats today because I didn't have enough sleep for the past few days turns out I was using 35s instead of 25s and cranking out PRs

It's like finding a hundred in your pocket. Technically you already had it in you but still feels awesome

I did this on bench once wondering why 185 felt so difficult on sets of 5 but it was 205 the whole time. Felt real good when I realized my mistake.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
PEDs feel loving fantastic

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

PEDs feel loving fantastic

:smith:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

I mean, what did you expect? That you will feel like poo poo being able to lift more, buld bigger muscles, run faster?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Helios Grime posted:

I mean, what did you expect? That you will feel like poo poo being able to lift more, buld bigger muscles, run faster?

No, that I am torn in my desire to want them so I can lift more, build bigger muscles and run faster, and that I probably shouldn’t go down this rabbit hole.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Pesmerga posted:

No, that I am torn in my desire to want them so I can lift more, build bigger muscles and run faster, and that I probably shouldn’t go down this rabbit hole.

Actually reach what your body can reach naturally, and then you can start thinking going down the PED's way. I don't know your level of strength/fitness but I'm going to assume from your post here that your not in the advanced stages where you are actually hitting walls of what is achievable naturally.

Or just do PED's, I'm not your mom.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Helios Grime posted:

Actually reach what your body can reach naturally, and then you can start thinking going down the PED's way. I don't know your level of strength/fitness but I'm going to assume from your post here that your not in the advanced stages where you are actually hitting walls of what is achievable naturally.

Or just do PED's, I'm not your mom.

That’s the plan. My lifts are decent (except squats) but I can do a lot more on my own. Besides, knowing me I’d gently caress up somehow and ruin myself. :v:

Thanks not-mom.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Man I loving love the Jugglife podcast. Especially when Mike Israetel is on.

I think my favourite moment was when they asked famed steroid taker Mark Bell a candid question about steroid use and he went on a 5 minute solid rant about self-expression to avoid answering the question while the 2 hosts just kind of sat there awkwardly

lol

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

Man I loving love the Jugglife podcast. Especially when Mike Israetel is on.

I think my favourite moment was when they asked famed steroid taker Mark Bell a candid question about steroid use and he went on a 5 minute solid rant about self-expression to avoid answering the question while the 2 hosts just kind of sat there awkwardly

lol

Mark Bell has definitely changed for the worse since Jim McD left too. Now he's acting like he's a philosophical life coach and poo poo rather than a meathead that's strong. I can't watch the powercast at all anymore where I used to watch every episode

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
And he can't stop talking about keto. He's gone full retard. I stopped watching ST videos when he announced he quit eating vegetables because "what do we really need them for"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

drat I need to start juicing so I can finally break 135 on bench!!!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I hit an all-time PR for my squat this morning at 285.

My left knee had been giving me trouble for literal years so I finally went to a sports medicine physician (useless) and a physical therapist (life changing).

A few key exercises, some tricks to engage my glute meds, glute minis and piriformis and all of a sudden it feels like I got a loving brand new knee.

I think I could have done more but my form was starting to dip a little bit and I've been lifting too much for too long to try to grunt through that poo poo anymore.

I did my squats up to 225 in sets of 3's off the box escalating by 20 every 90 seconds and then I did singles to my new PR.

I'm so hype.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

This does make me feel like a little bitch though because my dead max is 315 and I should be able to pull more than 30 pounds more than my max squat, right?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

grow longer arms, idiot

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Mark bell and his bro went on joe Rogan recently and were like are vegetables even good for you? And his drug addict brother was going on about how good kratom is. I stoped watching supertraining since silent mike left, Mark Bell keeps saying dumber and dumber poo poo like he knows something when really the only thing he knows how to do is bench well

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Rogan had this one doctor on awhile back who only eats meat, and I was extremely disappointed that he didn't ask him how his poops were.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Mark looks like poo poo recently

He's down to like 220, pale, has dark circles around his eyes like a heroin user (it's a keto thing?)

His brother Chris is loving nutso and he's just turning into him

I like the old Mark who was trying to hit a 600 bench and tore his pec every 3 months

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My boiler has packed in so I can't have my preworkout shower.

Gonna wrap up in a big disgusting hoodie, do three sets of squats and ride the cloud of stench home #powerlifting

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Isnt mark bell doing the vertical diet now.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Bob Morales posted:

Mark looks like poo poo recently

He's down to like 220, pale, has dark circles around his eyes like a heroin user (it's a keto thing?)

His brother Chris is loving nutso and he's just turning into him

I like the old Mark who was trying to hit a 600 bench and tore his pec every 3 months

It definitely seems like he failed to hit that 600lb raw bench target and just completely lost it mentally

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
have any of you guys actually tried this cordyceps poo poo because I really want an alternative to caffeine god drat it

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Inept posted:

grow longer arms, idiot

I think my arms are pretty well longer than my legs. It's probably a stupid form thing. I'll work on it.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

have any of you guys actually tried this cordyceps poo poo because I really want an alternative to caffeine god drat it

That is how the Last of Us, started.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This does make me feel like a little bitch though because my dead max is 315 and I should be able to pull more than 30 pounds more than my max squat, right?

I'm in the same boat. I can squat 405 with knee wraps, but when DLing 415 popped my lower back and had to go to the doctor, most I've ever hit was 445 like 2 years ago and it's been downhill since then

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

It's cowardice. Just load up the bar, what's the worst that can happen?

Other than permanently crippling yourself I mean.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

DoubleT2172 posted:

I'm in the same boat. I can squat 405 with knee wraps, but when DLing 415 popped my lower back and had to go to the doctor, most I've ever hit was 445 like 2 years ago and it's been downhill since then

I come here to receive encouragement not loving horror stories THANKS.

jk man but seriously that's terrifying, I hope your back recovers.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I come here to receive encouragement not loving horror stories THANKS.

jk man but seriously that's terrifying, I hope your back recovers.

I am fine now, that was in March, doc gave me Flexeril, fixed it in 24 hours. Just don't be like me and round your lower back like an idiot when maxing out and you'll be fine!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

Whenever my lifts threaten to become okay I fall off my bike or some stupid poo poo and cripple myself for a few months. I'm just back to squatting a bit over 1xbody weight which is super loving depressing :(

i could do more but i dont really know what soft tissue damage i have in my knee because the doctors didnt really care about it

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

hemale in pain posted:

Whenever my lifts threaten to become okay I fall off my bike or some stupid poo poo and cripple myself for a few months. I'm just back to squatting a bit over 1xbody weight :(

i could do more but i dont really know what soft tissue damage i have in my knee because the doctors didnt really care about it

What you're going to want to do is see a good physical therapist. Best hour I've ever spent.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I totally agree but I think this injury is okay at the moment. It's hurting less every week and lifting doesn't hurt but i just don't want to risk doing someting dumb because not being able to walk SUCKS. if it flares up again there's a good physio down the road from me near the rock climbing center :)

dear god i cant wait to rock climb again. its been like a month.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

DoubleT2172 posted:

I am fine now, that was in March, doc gave me Flexeril, fixed it in 24 hours. Just don't be like me and round your lower back like an idiot when maxing out and you'll be fine!

Or go too far back when you’re at the top, because that’s somehow even worse

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Did some benching (176 lbs) at work on lunch and coffee breaks, and tried and hit 1 rep of 198 lbs. Real max is probably a bit higher since was a bit fatigued already. For some reason suicide grip has really clicked lately and feels a lot better than normal, and perfectly safe too.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Skipped the gym yesterday cause I've been having a wierd sensation that I've gotta take a toilet destroying poo poo every 15 minute cramps. Said gently caress it and went today and hit my legs so hard they were quivering before I even left. Tonight's doms will be worth it. Poop cramps are still not fun.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

What you're going to want to do is see a good physical therapist. Best hour I've ever spent.

I went to a pretty blonde physio instead of a good one, so my satisfaction was fleeting and I'm still a broken wreck years on.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

sassassin posted:

I went to a pretty blonde physio instead of a good one, so my satisfaction was fleeting and I'm still a broken wreck years on.

But her touching you was still great right?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Somebody left a bar loaded with 3 plates in the squat rack and left the gym so one of the front desk girls went over there to rerack the weights. She took all 3 plates off at once and the bar flipped. Scared the poo poo out of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Vargatron posted:

Somebody left a bar loaded with 3 plates in the squat rack and left the gym so one of the front desk girls went over there to rerack the weights. She took all 3 plates off at once and the bar flipped. Scared the poo poo out of her.

My biggest pet peeve is assholes not re-racking weights

loving Hercules lifting 1,000 lbs but suddenly you’re done and turn into a helpless princess who can’t lift them back to their place