Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still have like a pint of heavy cream left over from when I made some tikka masala, anything else I can make with it?

Make this guy's breakfast of champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ipjtwepl0&t=928s

Then wait a few minutes for the nutritionist to reveal he ate his entire daily allotment of calories in that one bowl of cereal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Don’t forget there needs to be threat of violence against her at least once in the story

I think I remember reading Detroit has a domestic abuse thing where you have to use motion controls to defend yourself

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Here is a true story, I am a woman who spots a short haircut and when I get my haircut at least once I will think of David Cage, and get really bum out that I will forever associate short hair with David Cage. This is dumb.

Help Im Alive posted:

I think I remember reading Detroit has a domestic abuse thing where you have to use motion controls to defend yourself

Jesus loving Christ.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Remember if you're being abused at home, it's your fault for making the wrong decision tree choices and/or failing the QTE's.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Cowcaster posted:

e3's a brewin'

Even though I've been following these trainwrecks for a decade now (:shepface:), for some reason I keep forgetting that E3 is always like the second week of June. Usually I'll be minding my own business until suddenly someone somewhere is like "get ready for E3 next week!" and I'm just like "wait what, it's that time again?"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

i know they've been touring conferences and stuff so maybe there's a whole ton of information about bloodstained i've been missing out on. but, based on the monthly e-mail updates they send out (usually late, if at all) consisting generally of a couple pieces of concept art and if they're feeling REALLY proud maybe an animated gif of like a fat gargoyle model flapping its wings, plus the fact that the game has already been delayed once, i'm not really feeling super hyped about anything regarding bloodstained

actually this piqued my interest and so i went back to check, the gameplay demo was released at the end of June, 2016. so it's coming up on two full years since i've seen any gameplay of the thing at all

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm gonna watch the Super Best Friends play Detroit and have fun with them making GBS threads on it.

Cowcaster posted:

yeah but had they mentioned word one about it since it was hit as a stretch goal though? i had forgotten it was even a thing

afaik nope, outside of them saying a few weeks before "hey the 8-bit game is now a prequel and also you need to choose a platform for it before May 18th"

Cowcaster posted:

i know they've been touring conferences and stuff so maybe there's a whole ton of information about bloodstained i've been missing out on. but, based on the monthly e-mail updates they send out (usually late, if at all) consisting generally of a couple pieces of concept art and if they're feeling REALLY proud maybe an animated gif of like a fat gargoyle model flapping its wings, plus the fact that the game has already been delayed once, i'm not really feeling super hyped about anything regarding bloodstained

It's been at various trade shows that they let people play there but don't update the boat demo they gave to backers to have anything else (though we're still supposed to get a alpha version on Steam early or something like that).

It still does look pretty nice, though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, looks like I'll be taking a week-long vacation with my dad and brother to Cape Breton and I'll miss most of E3. Why does life have to be so unfair?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

I want to be hype but all the gameplay I've seen looks like mush

It looked a lot like OoE to me but ugly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Here is a true story, I am a woman who spots a short haircut and when I get my haircut at least once I will think of David Cage, and get really bum out that I will forever associate short hair with David Cage. This is dumb.

this is why i will never cut my hair and only think of david cage in the context of people i'd want to punch

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
After staring at my PS4 menu with no idea what to play for like an hour I finally said gently caress it, hooked up my PS2, and started playing Drakengard. (I’m a big sequel weenie and don’t want to miss anything on my way to Nier. Saint’s Row 1 for life baby!)

This game is a trip so far.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 16, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congrats on not being a coward and watching an LP

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

Congrats on not being a coward and watching an LP

I didn’t watch an LP for Deadly Premonition, so I figure I can tank my way through anything at this point. :getin:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish i could experience the end of dp without an lp but unfortunately the pc port does not want me to

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm sure i'm being a complete dumbass but how are people making these

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

c games s: indivisible pushed to 1st half 2019 :(

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

I'm gonna think of Kathy Acker on a motorcycle, and how I want to look like Kathy Acker on a motorcycle

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

heh heh heh cathy ACKer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still have like a pint of heavy cream left over from when I made some tikka masala, anything else I can make with it?

you could freeze it slowly and make heavy ice cream

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I picked Divinity Original Sin 2 up from my old file and it turns out all I needed was a break. I still don't really like that every fight requires a bunch of thought because it's mentally exhausting, but coming at it fresh helps a lot

I think I missed some of Beast's story beats because he hosed off at the lunar gate but Lohse and Ifan stuck with me. Beast was by far my least effective party member but even then just having a fourth warm body helps a lot so I'm gonna have to replace him somehow if that's possible. I vaguely recall the ability to hire generic mercenaries.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

i'm sure i'm being a complete dumbass but how are people making these

They were made by animators that worked on the game lol

https://twitter.com/StefanLipsius/status/996795854332739584

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

an actual dog posted:

They were made by animators that worked on the game lol

https://twitter.com/StefanLipsius/status/996795854332739584

somehow that owns even more than what i was thinking which is "drat those source filmmaker modelers are fast"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I picked Divinity Original Sin 2 up from my old file and it turns out all I needed was a break. I still don't really like that every fight requires a bunch of thought because it's mentally exhausting, but coming at it fresh helps a lot

I think I missed some of Beast's story beats because he hosed off at the lunar gate but Lohse and Ifan stuck with me. Beast was by far my least effective party member but even then just having a fourth warm body helps a lot so I'm gonna have to replace him somehow if that's possible. I vaguely recall the ability to hire generic mercenaries.

I want to keep playing it but I barely got out of the prologue in 30 hours somehow (restarted once or twice and there's a lot to do! which is great actually!) but I need to switch from Tactician to Explorer and I tried and got part way through the ship and just quit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DisDisDis posted:

I want to keep playing it but I barely got out of the prologue in 30 hours somehow (restarted once or twice and there's a lot to do! which is great actually!) but I need to switch from Tactician to Explorer and I tried and got part way through the ship and just quit

Yeah the game is kind of too long. That, the fact that every random encounter feels like a boss fight, and the kind of inscrutable lore are my main complaints.

The lore thing is I think an accidental byproduct of the fact that the characters never turn to the camera to explain elements of the world that everybody knows and need no in-character exposition but I'm most of the way through the game and have no idea what the Black Ring actually is besides some sort of faction of bad guys who aren't the direct antagonists.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

make homemade whip cream

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah the game is kind of too long. That, the fact that every random encounter feels like a boss fight, and the kind of inscrutable lore are my main complaints.

The lore thing is I think an accidental byproduct of the fact that the characters never turn to the camera to explain elements of the world that everybody knows and need no in-character exposition but I'm most of the way through the game and have no idea what the Black Ring actually is besides some sort of faction of bad guys who aren't the direct antagonists.

I think part of that has to do with it being a spin-off of a 20-year-old arpg series that barely anyone remembers but the game just kind of assumes you're familiar with anyways. Some of the stuff, like the Black Ring, does sort of get explained in the absurd number of lore books you can find lying around.

I kind of burnt out about halfway through act 4 though that was more to do with my schedule getting really absurd all of a sudden and not really having time for games for awhile.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have an immersion blender add some chocolate syrup and make mousse.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm honestly down for it being really long because the initial sell for me was the build theorycrafting potential and that's more time to play with that. Tactician just takes a ton of reloads on every fight and it turns out I don't actually want to do that I just want to advance in the game. And the game punishes you really heavily for being underlevel so I feel like I have to 100% all the non combat stuff and find every fight etc. Apparently the Tactician equivalent in OS1 didn't double enemy health and I feel like it would be the perfect difficulty without that in 2. But I'm just gonna put it on Classic and I can switch down from there mid playthrough if I need to. I do like how much thought the combat requires I just don't want every fight to be such a brick wall.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If it doubles the health without doubling armor that would honestly just be more tedium than anything else by the lategame. I have so many CC moves that once all the enemies have their armor down I can more or less chain CC the dangerous ones all the way until the fight ends.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I also appreciate how much, let's say, lateral thinking the devs let you get away with but sometimes I don't feel like teleporting one guy from a mob halfway across the map to fight him.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

If it doubles the health without doubling armor that would honestly just be more tedium than anything else by the lategame. I have so many CC moves that once all the enemies have their armor down I can more or less chain CC the dangerous ones all the way until the fight ends.

I'm not actually sure which it is but early game without a ton of spells it's both tedium and just, not being able to burst someone right away makes it way harder. Another thing that would make it more playable for me is if they kept it the same but you could revive for free out of combat but hey, I appreciate them sticking to their oldschool guns on stuff like that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Divinity 2 from 360 is on xbox game pass. Is it a decent time? Probably gonna have a month of service coming up and wont use it all on state of decay 2 cause it looks annoying.

I played os1 but never an original divinity game

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
make tikka masala ice cream op

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Let me tell you I feel real loving clever in DOS2 when I go Backlash, Chloroform, Flesh Sacrifice, Adrenaline, Attack, Sucker Punch, Skin Graft, Flesh Sacrifice, Adrenaline, Backlash, Attack, Sucker Punch and CC three things on turn one

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
How many people here actually finish single player games these days? I usually lose interest about 2/3 of the way through, usually when it looks like there's nothing new to offer and I've passed the point where the devs applied the bulk of their efforts. That said I still feel a bit stressed about leaving things unfinished even though most videogame stories are terrible and I have like 1024 games from Steam sales I haven't played yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DisDisDis posted:

make tikka masala ice cream op

Yeah I would prefer savory to sweet applications. Desserts are too luxuriant for everyday use for me

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Convex posted:

How many people here actually finish single player games these days? I usually lose interest about 2/3 of the way through, usually when it looks like there's nothing new to offer and I've passed the point where the devs applied the bulk of their efforts. That said I still feel a bit stressed about leaving things unfinished even though most videogame stories are terrible and I have like 1024 games from Steam sales I haven't played yet

leave no jrpg unfinished (unless it turns out to be really bad)

i'm looser when i'm replaying stuff but if i'm playing something i haven't beaten before i try to stick with it. no reason to rush through games just cause of arbitrary anxiety over having a lot of options

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Convex posted:

i can't play singleplayer games now because it feels like it's all downhill from nier automata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/996847260259401728

• Locked thread