Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Xaris posted:

I haven't confirmed it (I don't really play Elf anyways) but if they weren't just making poo poo up, and I believe it because fathskar, then yes

I have been telling people I know that Waystalker has a ton of power to offer groups regardless of what j_stat makes a meme, and I've been met with doubt. I'll refrain from commenting on exactly how smug I feel right now in light of this information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Yeah, it's pretty weird for them to nerf any Kruber melee weapon that isn't hammer or halberd. They are already hands-down the best. Hell, the one and only thing the Executioner Sword really did well to begin with was focus down bosses with charged headshots. If it can't do that as well anymore, I can't imagine why you'd ever want to use it.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Swings are too slow and dodges for poo poo. Yeah, that weapon was already dead as hell.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

toasterwarrior posted:

Also, played two games just now. Stormfiend and Rat Ogre both died very quickly to Huntsman Kruber, but I'm not sure if it's the damage cap not being fixed or not because both situations were pretty much the best environment for Hunter's Prowl headshots and Shrapnel debuffs.

Xaris posted:

Damage cap wasn't hit with even headshot-crit Glaive heavy attack downswing tho, only with Infiltrate (which now doesn't work :fatshark:). At most it should do 110, which even with 40% Power vs X combos would get it to like 150-ish.

you see, it makes sense to make the 2 minute cooldown fully charged glaive attack in stealth deal only 197 damage if you get a backstab off, but huntsman really needed a buff so they made his ult stronger so he does 8-9 shots of longbow that does 592~ each.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you can argue either or the nerf was deserving of exec or glaive (which really wasn't either other than glaive being bugged), but the reason both of htem got hit with the headshot nerf is because the base ID for glaive is heavy_weapon_exec_weapon which is the same for the sword so of course it makes sense a change to one would nerf the other :downsgun:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

RIP Glaive. :(

Guess I'll go back to dual swords or whatever.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

RIP Glaive. :(

Guess I'll go back to dual swords or whatever.

get this: it's still her best weapon. by a TON.

it still fights hordes just as well. it still does the most damage to armor in a given timeframe, it just does less now.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Futaba Anzu posted:

you see, it makes sense to make the 2 minute cooldown fully charged glaive attack in stealth deal only 197 damage if you get a backstab off, but huntsman really needed a buff so they made his ult stronger so he does 8-9 shots of longbow that does 592~ each.

The silent addition of guaranteed crits during Huntsman's active has been silently removed in the jump to live, so he's much less ridiculous now.

Also it's amazing that an ineffectual nerf to one weapon managed to completely ruin another one because they shared code for some reason.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

get this: it's still her best weapon. by a TON.

it still fights hordes just as well. it still does the most damage to armor in a given timeframe, it just does less now.

Oh ok then, long live the Glaive. :woop:

gently caress you dual swords!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I have been telling people I know that Waystalker has a ton of power to offer groups regardless of what j_stat makes a meme, and I've been met with doubt. I'll refrain from commenting on exactly how smug I feel right now in light of this information.

im sorry back up please

who the Fresh Hell looks at waystalker and thinks "ugh, this infinite ammo regenerating health special-deleter with a multishot, low CD homing active and access to the best melee weapons in the game Isn't Contributing"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

im sorry back up please

who the Fresh Hell looks at waystalker and thinks "ugh, this infinite ammo regenerating health special-deleter with a multishot, low CD homing active and access to the best melee weapons in the game Isn't Contributing"

Hitler.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

People get really fuckin hyperbolic about which classes are “useless” and that status changes just about every week. I saw a video about the shade post-buff which claimed it was “borderline worthless” before the buff which is just ridiculous. I was talking up how good shade was before they halved its cooldown, and that’s really the only meaningful change they made to it.

Waystalker hasn’t been in the spotlight for awhile so the hivemind slowly moves further toward thinking it’s useless every day, when it’s still just as good as it was last month

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Waystalker is still the best Elf and a solid contender for best class in the game. The Glaive is still nuts, you have an infinite-ammo special deleting longbow with good boss damage to boot, and a special-hunting active ability with a low cooldown for when you don't have time to take the bow out or the Blightstormer is casting from outside LoS or something.

Shade buffs and Handmaiden fixes don't change any of that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah i thought the general internet consensus was waystalker was the best elf class, just that the shade is the BIGGEST DAMAGE NUMBERS class

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Voyager I posted:

Waystalker is still the best Elf and a solid contender for best class in the game.

The latter will never be true, thanks to them being the elf.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
sheeeit, if you're WS and there isn't a longbow huntsman on the team with a purple drink you're STILL gonna green circle boss damage if you can aim above shoulder level at all

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

out of all the possible sorts of cancerous tumors I could grow that become sentient and scream racial slurs at me until I rot to death, I would choose the

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Cowcaster posted:

yeah i thought the general internet consensus was waystalker was the best elf class, just that the shade is the BIGGEST DAMAGE NUMBERS class
And the damage numbers themselves are cheesy as hell because the game counts total damage done even if it's massive overkill.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does anyone have those group pictures someone photoshopped of a "realistic" Vermintide? Can't think of a better way to describe it but the one with them surrounded by regular rear end rats poorly cropped in

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Taking a redditor at face value, the Executioner Sword specifically has gone from a 2.4 crit / headshot modifier, 3 on critical headshot, to 1.8, 2 on a critical headshot. Affecting heavy attacks only of course. Yeesh. My poor rat bat. Gone are the days of gleefully hacking regenerating Troll heads.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Redundant posted:

And the damage numbers themselves are cheesy as hell because the game counts total damage done even if it's massive overkill.

I don't think that's the case, actually?

I haven't ever tested it but from suicide runs where someone shoots a random rat on the way to the cliff, I think I remember them having exactly that rat's HP as damage dealt instead of whatever oddball number their weapon deals.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Digirat posted:

out of all the possible sorts of cancerous tumors I could grow that become sentient and scream racial slurs at me until I rot to death, I would choose the

...bounty hunter who only uses primary fire on the repeater pistol.

rack 'em!!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Voyager I posted:

I don't think that's the case, actually?

I haven't ever tested it but from suicide runs where someone shoots a random rat on the way to the cliff, I think I remember them having exactly that rat's HP as damage dealt instead of whatever oddball number their weapon deals.
My bad then. I haven't tried to test it myself, I just remember reading it and thinking it sounded like a particularly FatShark sort of thing so believed it immediately. In that case disregard.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

are cosmetics in the game yet otherwise i'm just going to open up these commendation crates to bump myself up to 295-300

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

are cosmetics in the game yet otherwise i'm just going to open up these commendation crates to bump myself up to 295-300

you should have done that a long time ago imo, unopened crates do not much but stagnate your power level and reroll material stockpile

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Willie Tomg posted:

you should have done that a long time ago imo, unopened crates do not much but stagnate your power level and reroll material stockpile

i got a few reds that leap frogged me to 270ish which i decided was good enough for champion runs and my group cannot handle legend so not much of a point to burning through chests

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Digirat posted:

elf.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Halfway done on the update yikes thats big

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i feel like i bought an art installation that happens to be a really fun game. truly remarkable piece of software.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Tried to check my suspicions about how the game handles music buffering now, but unfortunately my PC did better than expected on my usual test grounds of Empire in Flames and no issues emerged. Anyway, I think the patch made it so that if your PC is struggling to load assets for a level, music in particular, the game now prefers to go silent on music so you can at least hear specials and sound effects as they come, and bring in the music later when it gets triggered and is good to go. Much better than endless horde music loops in the past.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

toasterwarrior posted:

Tried to check my suspicions about how the game handles music buffering now, but unfortunately my PC did better than expected on my usual test grounds of Empire in Flames and no issues emerged. Anyway, I think the patch made it so that if your PC is struggling to load assets for a level, music in particular, the game now prefers to go silent on music so you can at least hear specials and sound effects as they come, and bring in the music later when it gets triggered and is good to go. Much better than endless horde music loops in the past.

Honestly I had more constant music playing bugs in this beta (1.0.8) and today on a few live runs as with the version before. The music can go silent sometimes instead now, but I don't find that particular helpful either just really odd. Also it's now two bugs instead of one, which I do not see as an improvement.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

Does anyone have those group pictures someone photoshopped of a "realistic" Vermintide? Can't think of a better way to describe it but the one with them surrounded by regular rear end rats poorly cropped in

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Willie Tomg posted:

im sorry back up please

It would be rude to name names, but I feel the same way.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Good lord the patch today is 20 gigabytes.

Patch notes:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/1652137515751308659

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Does the patch run as well as the beta did? that was really the best thing about it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thank you dawri

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Digirat posted:

Does the patch run as well as the beta did? that was really the best thing about it.

Yes. Also that goddamned stormer template is at least a little glowier than it used to be, even if its obnoxiously big again.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

holy poo poo love getting kicked by a lovely pubbie three man that only communicates when you are doing something they dont like when they scream at you in a super condescending way

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Holy poo poo people are salty about the patch size

Of course it's huge, level fixes are expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
My system is older but not quite a potato (yet). The game indeed runs much better. There's a noticeable framerate game in all situations, and some niche situations causing slowdown aren't apparent. Further, the patch before this one introduced very (stressing very) occasional game hangups that I haven't experienced yet.

Whatever you think of the lunacy of their balance priority or lack of communication, the primary purpose of the patch seems to have been achieved.