Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Archenteron posted:

I've been ignoring the Magic story, but I had to read Slimefoot Goes For A Wander :kimchi:

And apparently... Karn went and dug up the Golgothian Sylex to go try and nuke New Phyrexia? That's going to be... fun :getin: :kheldragar:
that's stupid, there aren't even any phyrexians in the antiquities set

Edit:
I dunno what GP Monopoly is but I think I got this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

cheetah7071 posted:

where's buttcrack guy, the villain magic needed and deserved

He is on the hero list.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I don't have enough opinions but I feel like MTGFinance will be a pretty strong contender.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Come on people, Bertoncini clearly wins this.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

cheetah7071 posted:

where's buttcrack guy, the villain magic needed and deserved

Never underestimate a goon's desire to fat shame.

Yawgmoth posted:

that's stupid, there aren't even any phyrexians in the antiquities set

Edit:
I dunno what GP Monopoly is but I think I got this one.

I thought of two immediately:

Yawgmoth Demon
Priest of Yawgmoth

The Grand Prix Monopoly is Channel Fireball taking control of organizing all of them around the world.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

A Moose posted:

I don't have enough opinions but I feel like MTGFinance will be a pretty strong contender.

The clear winner imo.

I say this as someone who has made money overall from this stupid children's game.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Wait? #MTGFinance vs. Flip-it-or-Rip-it round 1?

Just call the whole thing there. Jesus.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?

Some Numbers posted:

Come on people, Bertoncini clearly wins this.

LGS bathrooms. Some day maybe nerds will learn to:
1. Lift up the toilet seat
2. poo poo at home. I’m fairly certain there is at one person at my LGS that just comes there to poo poo. He seriously comes in, ties up the bathroom for 20 minutes leaving it absolutely reeking, and then plays magic.
3. Get toilet paper in to the toilet and paper towel in to the trash.

And maybe LGS employees and owners will learn what the hell cleaning supplies are. I wish they would take a lesson from McDonalds. Very rarely have I seen a bad bathroom there. Instead I usually end up walking in to bathrooms where I’m afraid I’ll catch a disease. One of the stores around here is so bad that I literally do not wash my hands there instead I make sure I have Purel/alcohol for my hands because I don’t think they have every washed the bathroom. I avoid it like the plague but sometimes you just have to go.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
My lgs (rip) was grody as hell with black mold in the stock room and a bedbug infestation once but had a loving pristine bathroom it was bizarre. Loved that thing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I believe in Yawgmoth 2018.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You big dumb fart.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

no "reserve list" in the bracket, probably a good job or it would be the odds on favourite by a mile.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Wow Chronicals didn't make the cut?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Owlbear Camus posted:

Look just-above-center-right, between Prison Decks and EDH Rules Committee

I ran the bracket myself and my final four ended up being Bathrooms, Card Quality, Sheldon Menery, and (the overall winner), #MTGFinance

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Owlbear Camus posted:

3rd pairing on the right-side

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
David leavitt, hated by the world.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

AceClown posted:

no "reserve list" in the bracket, probably a good job or it would be the odds on favourite by a mile.

Yeah, The Reserved List is a glaring omission here.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

They wanted to put it in but they made a promise decades ago not to put it in any new brackets

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ah, curse these ancient eyes, thanks.

My final four is #mtgfinance, prison decks, GP Monopoly, and Mythic Rares; with #mtgfinance taking it all.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Chronicles is in the Bertoncini bracket.

Outside the Reserve List, I see the following also didn't make the cut:
1. Eldrazi Winter
2. PT Stamped Foil Tarmogoyf
3. Core Sets
4. Asscrack: The Gathering
5. StarCity Games

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

They wanted to put it in but they made a promise decades ago not to put it in any new brackets

:allears:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Would anybody be interested if I put together a Prince tournament? Rares and Mythic Rares only, Legacy ban list. Legacy Eldrazi get to keep most of their stuff, but almost all the other big archetypes get wrecked.

Edit: Getting that URL to parse is gross.

Just copy and paste it I guess http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=compact&rarity=|[M]|[R]&format=+[%22Legacy%22]

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 17, 2018

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
I can't see how anything can compare to cardstock quality.

It's just gone to complete poo poo. At least dominaria seems a bit better.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Tibalt posted:

Would anybody be interested if I put together a Prince tournament? [url='http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=compact&rarity=|[M]|[R]&format=+[%22Legacy%22]']Rares and Mythic Rares only, Legacy ban list[/url]. Legacy Eldrazi get to keep most of their stuff, but almost all the other big archetypes get wrecked.

Edit: Getting that URL to parse is gross.

So combo, tempo, and control are completely dead in this format (which isn't any different from actual legacy tbh) aside from maybe Sneak and Show, the share of the format that currently belongs to 4 color Delver becomes 4 color Leovold, cuts the Brainstorms and adds more sweepers or something and that's the entire format alongside Eldrazi which loses uh, nothing? This sounds like an absolutely unplayable format.

Death and Taxes only loses 5 cards from the main (though they're the 2 best cards) and some extremely replaceable cards from the sideboard and Brainstorm is banned so that's cool. It sounds like a horrible format though. I assume basics are still allowed.

Edit: I missed Swords. Never mind.

Also whatever I'll play Even Midrangier The Format if you can rope other people into it.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 17, 2018

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
My Final Four: Counterfeit Cards, Card Quality, Bertoncini, and of course, #mtgfinance taking the whole thing down.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

My Final Four: Counterfeit Cards, Card Quality, Bertoncini, and of course, #mtgfinance taking the whole thing down.

One of these is not like the other.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My final 4 is Twitch chat, Mythic Rares, Bertoncini, and #mtgfinance.

Winner is #mtgfinance over Twitch Chat.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

suicidesteve posted:

So combo, tempo, and control are completely dead in this format (which isn't any different from actual legacy tbh) aside from maybe Sneak and Show, the share of the format that currently belongs to 4 color Delver becomes 4 color Leovold, cuts the Brainstorms and adds more sweepers or something and that's the entire format alongside Eldrazi which loses uh, nothing? This sounds like an absolutely unplayable format.

Death and Taxes only loses 5 cards from the main (though they're the 2 best cards) and some extremely replaceable cards from the sideboard and Brainstorm is banned so that's cool. It sounds like a horrible format though. I assume basics are still allowed.

Edit: I missed Swords. Never mind.

Also whatever I'll play Even Midrangier The Format if you can rope other people into it.

What about Modern Prince instead?
5c Humans loses Ancient Ziggurat, Unclaimed Territory, and Aether Vial. Scapeshift loses Lightning Bolt, Search for Tomorrow, and Farseek. I'm not familiar enough with Tezzerator to know if losing Baubles and Sword of the Meek is crippling.

Edit: Nevermind, Tron seems to come out completely fine. Fuckin' Eldrazi. I'm dumb, Tronlands are uncommon??

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 17, 2018

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Vial is fine though? The Masters set printings are Rare.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Jabor posted:

Does that even count? Like FtV is mythic lol.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Maybe I should just try and get a Canadian Highlander tournament together instead.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Tibalt posted:

What about Modern Prince instead?
5c Humans loses Ancient Ziggurat, Unclaimed Territory, and Aether Vial. Scapeshift loses Lightning Bolt, Search for Tomorrow, and Farseek. I'm not familiar enough with Tezzerator to know if losing Baubles and Sword of the Meek is crippling.

Edit: Nevermind, Tron seems to come out completely fine. Fuckin' Eldrazi. I'm dumb, Tronlands are uncommon??

Hollow One loses 28 non-land cards :|

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Buffis posted:

I can't see how anything can compare to cardstock quality.

It's just gone to complete poo poo. At least dominaria seems a bit better.

Does someone have a video actually demonstrating like a before and after somewhere? I've been hearing about this nebulously for like, 15 months but haven't really seen any evidence. In my experience foils have always curled.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Does someone have a video actually demonstrating like a before and after somewhere? I've been hearing about this nebulously for like, 15 months but haven't really seen any evidence. In my experience foils have always curled.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I have some curled foils, yes, but almost all of those were ones I bought secondhand. Pretty much any foil I have that I opened from a pack or other product is still as flat as can be and has never had that issue-- not to any significant degree at least.

Maybe the air in my apartment is just really dry. I dunno.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Jabor posted:

Who said anything about Aether Vial?

It's Flickerwisp. It's always Flickerwisp. And Jitte sometimes.

Matsuri posted:

I'm on the other side of the fence. I have some curled foils, yes, but almost all of those were ones I bought secondhand. Pretty much any foil I have that I opened from a pack or other product is still as flat as can be and has never had that issue-- not to any significant degree at least.

Maybe the air in my apartment is just really dry. I dunno.

Yeah, even my FTV foils that are notoriously garbage don't really curl in my house. But I also do my best to keep foils from curling by keeping them squished between other cards or in a deck box or something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AceClown posted:

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Chronicles and #mtgfinance kind of cover that.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Are we trying to get the least evil or most evil because counterfeit cards are a hero.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The counterfeits will continue until the reserved list improves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The greatest villain in all Magic history is the Magic player itself. Kill them.