Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXxGayuVLo

The first half of that deleted scene is canon and nothing is ever going to change my mind

Tatooine Mad Max movie when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ruddiger posted:

Tatooine Mad Max movie when?

So that's what Kenobi: A Star Wars Story will be about

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Now THIS is podracing. Utini!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vinylshadow posted:

So that's what Kenobi: A Star Wars Story will be about

Hopefully.

Imagine grumpy Uncle Owen and Obi-Wan teaming up to save young Luke and a bunch of kids kidnapped by a Mad Max villain. That's the movie I'd do.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

can't wait for Joel Ederton delivering lines like "I don't hold with his father's ideals" and "you're not to see the boy again - I'll tell him you're a crazy old wizard"

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
The review embargo just dropped. So far its tracking pretty much in line with Rogue One so... make of that what you will.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

josh04 posted:

I really don't get what people are talking about when they say TFA is a remake of ANH. Who is Finn in this analogy?

It's much closer to reflecting the entire OT.

At least the first act of TFA mirrors the first act of ANH really significantly and the third act of TFA mirrors the third act of RotJ significantly as well.

(Like seriously I don't get how people see: Strike team blows up shield generator so that air forces can get in and blow up superweapon from the inside whilst the Jedi engage in a personal lightsaber duel and think "Oh poo poo that's just like ANH!)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/996752024992735232

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
lmfao

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm ready for Lando: A Star Wars Story

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.joblo.com/static/update-lucasfilm-clarifies-news-about-lando-spinoff-movie-177.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=JoBloFB

Never mind; it's not happening

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kathleen Kennedy looks at Black Panther's gigantic numbers, then over to the overhwelmingly positive response to Glover's Lando.

"Nahhhh."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*reads the article*

Kathleen Kennedy posted:

"We think that the next spin-off will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian. Of course, there are still many stories to tell about Han and Chewbacca, but Lando will be next."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that's saying otherwise?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

*reads the article*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that's saying otherwise?

"After publishing the story Premiere put out a correction saying there was a "misunderstanding" between the journalist and Kennedy. Lucasfilm's statement says (translated from French) "We would love to tell a story about Lando Calrissian one day, but it's not relevant. It would be fun to tell the story of Han and Chewie ...""

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

thrawn527 posted:

"After publishing the story Premiere put out a correction saying there was a "misunderstanding" between the journalist and Kennedy. Lucasfilm's statement says (translated from French) "We would love to tell a story about Lando Calrissian one day, but it's not relevant. It would be fun to tell the story of Han and Chewie ...""

So once they're done with the Han Solo trilogy or whatever, they'll do Lando

That's what I got from that article

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Jewmanji posted:

The review embargo just dropped. So far its tracking pretty much in line with Rogue One so... make of that what you will.

this makes me optimistic since i loved rogue one

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
THAT GUY IN THE HALL WITH THE ICE CREAM MAKER: A STAR WARS STORY

Yes, I know the character's name, shut up

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

AlternateAccount posted:

THAT GUY IN THE HALL WITH THE ICE CREAM MAKER: A STAR WARS STORY

Yes, I know the character's name, shut up

I was disappointed in the SNL skit with "All the Galaxy's Black People" because they didn't have him.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Let's be serious for a moment, is anyone not expecting Disney to release a Lando film in the next five years?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

Let's be serious for a moment, is anyone not expecting Disney to release a Lando film in the next five years?

As I patiently wait for a Black Widow movie, I raise my hand slowly.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Snowman_McK posted:

As I patiently wait for a Black Widow movie, I raise my hand slowly.

i figured out the problem guys

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

i figured out the problem guys

So you call it Widow, boom problem solved.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

theres already a lando movie its called Blackstar Warrior

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Blade: A Star wars story

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TMZ, so take with a BLOCK of salt.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Sand People are easily startled, especially by things that are extremely loud and incredibly close."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
That's in line with the rumors which hit last week.

I'm down for the story, I would just replace Sand people with some other nefarious local gangsters causing problems for the farmers. Seems like an opportunity for more variable baddies and fun. My dream movie for this has always basically been Yojimbo/Fist Full of Dollars set around Anchorhead.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

dunno if I said it in here or the spoiler thread, but I would watch McGregor do an Obi remake of Secret Honor, recording his memoirs and re-litigating his failures while drunkenly stumbling around his hut

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I'm conflicted because TMZ is usually on the money with this stuff but also part of that synopsis is a straight-up copy/paste from the Legends Kenobi book:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyTaylor_/status/997119785732313088

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Daldry's been rumored for at least half a year, so this isn't surprising.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Mandrel posted:

this makes me optimistic since i loved rogue one

Same.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Truth.

Serf
May 5, 2011

hopefully they have enough sense to not make "star wars: ethnic cleansing"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Serf posted:

hopefully they have enough sense to not make "star wars: ethnic cleansing"

Too late

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Serious question: Would you be interested in a live action film where C3PO and R2D2 were the main characters?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I want to know whether R2 ever told 3PO or Luke about the events of the prequels, especially 3PO’s origins.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I want to know whether R2 ever told 3PO or Luke about the events of the prequels, especially 3PO’s origins.

R2's always been portrayed as a bit of a dick, so probably not. Or he told him, then immediately wiped his memory.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

R2-D2 probably agreed with Yoda that "not ready for the burden" was Luke until he learned the truth - after all, he was present when they divided up the babies. But after Return of the Jedi, he was probably Luke's primary source during his investigation of the history of the Jedi.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Serious question: Would you be interested in a live action film where C3PO and R2D2 were the main characters?

Probably. When I saw ANH in theaters for the re-release on mushrooms, they were the main characters in my braain

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Davros1 posted:

Only if they bring back their theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIOiNq0RHk

ANd their Moebius inspired world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

banned from Starbucks posted:

There’s no chance at all a studio Lando movie would be as good as Blackstar Warrior