Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

https://puu.sh/AmOot/1b3e8e1b2b.mp4

Never had this happen before, has anyone else seen something like this?

Uh..what just happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Isn't it something like if someone falls off the edge of the map their loot teleports to the closest player? I remember hearing about it awhile ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

https://puu.sh/AmOot/1b3e8e1b2b.mp4

Could be a person in the tree then they quit the game. Their loot just falls to the ground.

jizzpowered
Feb 14, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Yea I spent a decent amount on the power strip so I thought I’d be ok. Gonna go ahead and get a UPS though

Even a UPS might not protect against it. I had one and my place got hit directly by lightning, took out everything in my living room whether it was connected to a UPS or not. Now whenever there's a storm I just unplug everything out of pure fear lol. Not saying don't get one but if there's a real bad storm coming, unplug that poo poo.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Rumor had it that if someone throws themselves off the edge of the map that this can happen to their loot (respawns by nearby player) e: beaten

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just had an experience that gives me faith in this community.

Flew and landed right around where the treasure chest star is, saw another guy land before me and pick up the grey SMG so I was like well, gently caress, I'm about to die. He waves at me, I make it rain back, and we start running around searching for the star.

Maybe 30 seconds pass and I'm like gently caress where IS this star? Before I hear shots hitting around me. I'm hopping around, no weapon, before I see my buddy with the SMG, aiming shots all around me to get my attention! I run over to him and lo and behold, he has found the star! I get it and we both start dancing and eating popcorn like old chums, then he drops the SMG and all its ammo and hops away to the ocean, looking at me every other hop and dancing.

I said gently caress it and followed him, we got to the edge, both did the orange dance together then hopped off into the ocean almost simultaneously. If we could've held hands I think we would've :3:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

quote is not edit :doh:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I love you guys

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I was wondering why no one was joining me to get all the chests in Lucky Landing... it's cause the challenge is for Lonely Lodge. Oh well, had a great start and got second place.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
So it turns out week 3's loading screen isn't in the game yet, that's what the "yo wait for the patch" message is all about.

Coincidentally all I have left is Lonely chests and gently caress even bothering with that until at least another day or two. That place can barely support a single squad landing at it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

So it turns out week 3's loading screen isn't in the game yet, that's what the "yo wait for the patch" message is all about.

Coincidentally all I have left is Lonely chests and gently caress even bothering with that until at least another day or two. That place can barely support a single squad landing at it.

I think it's for the "watch a replay" challenge, though? I watched a replay and that poo poo didn't count at all. But I did get to watch me murk three fools at Tilted, so :toot:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This patch is amazing for STW, can't wait to get home.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody else see this? I love the small changes that they do without even letting the playerbase know, gently caress this game is awesome.

I hope I can play a few matches before I'm gone for the weekend, I reallllllllllllly wanna try out that new burst AR :ohdear:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wonder if any changes happened with the wailing woods bunker.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

fortnite BR has more lore and story than most single player games now its fuckin wild

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AAB posted:

fortnite BR has more lore and story than most single player games now its fuckin wild

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I wonder if any changes happened with the wailing woods bunker.

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about that! That's just the weird grate in a more northern part of Wailing, correct? I found that randomly and was looking into it but forgot to look into it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about that! That's just the weird grate in a more northern part of Wailing, correct? I found that randomly and was looking into it but forgot to look into it.

Yeah. Last I knew it went down 3 stories and had a weird symbol message on the back of the door.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah. Last I knew it went down 3 stories and had a weird symbol message on the back of the door.

Oh dang! I think when I saw it you couldn't get in? I can't recall if I tried to break the grate over it or not..

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh dang! I think when I saw it you couldn't get in? I can't recall if I tried to break the grate over it or not..

You can with a portafort but it just leaves a hole you can walk over.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Perk rerolls are out - and look pretty good for fine tuning your guns!

The new system gives legendary weapons six slots to play with, with each slot offering a set of choices.

The slots are:
1- Damage - ROF, C Rate, C Damage, Damage
2- Utility - Mag Size, Reload, Durability, Recoil *On melee weapons you can roll Life Leech, Movespeed, Durability and Heavy Efficiency
3- Element - Physical (higher damage boost), Energy, Fire, Water, Nature
4- Damage - As above
5- Conditional damage - Bonus damage vs Mist Monsters/Bossee, vs Afflicted, vs Snared

The above slot and final slot make up for a large part of your weapon effectiveness.

6- Passive bonus - Affliction, Snare on hit, Headshot explosion, Consecutive headshots, Damage while aiming, etc- a long list, and these cannot be rerolled!

---------

So far: rerolling into the new system will nerf some edge case guns (crazy high crit, for example) but will also allow a much more effective stat loadout for base damage and utility. Eg my 75 crit rate shotgun lost 15% crit rate, but gained 40% base damage - with the perks leveled up.

The passive bonus cannot be changed and I cannot tell what determines this initial bonus (except affliction on legacy guns that had affliction)

Physical element has a crazy high multiplier (25% vs 10% on elements at base level) but it will still lose out to energy and be trumped by elements vs elemental husks. Against vanilla monsters, physical is crazy though.

For pure damage the two best options for slot 5/6 are affliction + damage to afflicted, or for more utility snare on hit + damage to snared. If your weapon is purely to be used vs mists/bosses you can also opt for the +damage to mist/bosses but it will not synergize with your sixth slot and the bonus is not as high - purely better for first-shot damage for high power slow firing weapons, but if you cant one shot the enemy, you're better off with the other setups.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 16, 2018

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Have they given a reason why the sixth slot can't be rerolled, or even mentioned it at all? The only place I'm seeing this is in-game, and haven't seen anything from Epic on whether or not it's a bug, intentional, or a placeholder for something in the future.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

Perk rerolls are out - and look pretty good for fine tuning your guns!

The new system gives legendary weapons six slots to play with, with each slot offering a set of choices.

The slots are:
1- Damage - ROF, C Rate, C Damage, Damage
2- Utility - Mag Size, Reload, Durability, Recoil *On melee weapons you can roll Life Leech, Movespeed, Durability and Heavy Efficiency
3- Element - Physical (higher damage boost), Energy, Fire, Water, Nature
4- Damage - As above
5- Conditional damage - Bonus damage vs Mist Monsters/Bossee, vs Afflicted, vs Snared

The above slot and final slot make up for a large part of your weapon effectiveness.

6- Passive bonus - Affliction, Snare on hit, Headshot explosion, Consecutive headshots, Damage while aiming, etc- a long list, and these cannot be rerolled!

---------

So far: rerolling into the new system will nerf some edge case guns (crazy high crit, for example) but will also allow a much more effective stat loadout for base damage and utility. Eg my 75 crit rate shotgun lost 15% crit rate, but gained 40% base damage - with the perks leveled up.

The passive bonus cannot be changed and I cannot tell what determines this initial bonus (except affliction on legacy guns that had affliction)

Physical element has a crazy high multiplier (25% vs 10% on elements at base level) but it will still lose out to energy and be trumped by elements vs elemental husks. Against vanilla monsters, physical is crazy though.

For pure damage the two best options for slot 5/6 are affliction + damage to afflicted, or for more utility snare on hit + damage to snared. If your weapon is purely to be used vs mists/bosses you can also opt for the +damage to mist/bosses but it will not synergize with your sixth slot and the bonus is not as high - purely better for first-shot damage for high power slow firing weapons, but if you cant one shot the enemy, you're better off with the other setups.

Yeah, looks pretty good. Energy became useless/lazy this patch. It was already the lowest throughput element, but now you can easily have all 3 elements anyway, nearly every weapon can be better through grinding than the most godlike rolled weapons before this patch.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I am beginning to not enjoy fortnite pvp.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

There are more limitations and exceptions in the new perk system than rules. Is more freedom for us players, but is kind of a childrens menu. What I like is that give people to really play the game to win.

The game is getting in a excellent shape, but the playerbase is getting worse every day.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8jvpw6/you_know_youre_fucked_when_you_see_this/

For those who don't browse Reddit, this is a pro click.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
50 v 50 is an easy way to get 5 revives. Also the daily shotgun kills, if the game would actually count them when they happen.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Did they fix the xp bug yet? At least earlier today nothing was granting any xp, so doing the challenges was a bad idea.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kiranamos posted:

Did they fix the xp bug yet? At least earlier today nothing was granting any xp, so doing the challenges was a bad idea.

Seems like it. I've definitely leveled up today. (On PC.)

Ossipago posted:

50 v 50 is an easy way to get 5 revives. Also the daily shotgun kills, if the game would actually count them when they happen.

IME squad-based modes track eliminations weird and the only way to guarantee credit is to both knock down and finish off (or let bleed out, if you're in a position to get away with that) somebody, not one or the other.

Also I dunno if I've just had good luck or I'm simply forcing myself into the action more, but it seems like more people have figured out 50v50. Way less farting around, way more aggressively holding the circle and pushing on megaforts. People are still dicks about airdrops and general griefing tho.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 17, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think they changed the gun challenemges so the gun you down someone with is the one that counts as long as that person dies.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

In my experience, finishing people off only counts if you were the one who knocked them down in the first place. I've had kills count when someone else finishes them because it gives me the credit. Also, if you knock them down with one weapon and then kill them with another weapon, it counts for the challenges associated with the second weapon. It's kinda crazy.

Edit: At least that was the case yesterday, dunno today - already completed my challenges.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
That sounds right. I just stick with my method to avoid worrying about it. Plus it's a lot simpler to, say, blow someone's face off with a pump shottie and then put a sniper bullet in the back of their head. :commissar:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the trick with 50v50 is that if you get a build a decently wide fort on high ground yourself, pubbies will immediately start flocking to it and you can get a decently defensible situation going on. if nobody builds something enticing, everybody just mills around in 1 by 1s getting picked off. be the change you want to see in the world

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

the trick with 50v50 is that if you get a build a decently wide fort on high ground yourself, pubbies will immediately start flocking to it and you can get a decently defensible situation going on. if nobody builds something enticing, everybody just mills around in 1 by 1s getting picked off. be the change you want to see in the world

No.

When I do this, my team continue fighting in thr bottom of a valley and is the enemy team that somehow jump to my base to conquer it. They kill me and the few people on my base trying to savotage my base.

The average Fortnite BR player seems to be 9 years old.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

If you guys didn't know (I found this out by accident), if you down someone and your duo/squad partner finishes them off with a weapon that you need for a daily/weekly challenge, it is credited to you.

Had this happen the other day which was handy because at the time I was struggling to get explosive kills. So if you are struggling just down someone and have a teammate finish them off with whatever type of weapon you need.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

In STW, should I be slotting dupe and un-leveled schematics/survivors/heros, or recycling them? Some of the collection rewards seem quite good, but it's starting to feel like the curve is getting real steep and turning into a newb trap.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

mrmcd posted:

In STW, should I be slotting dupe and un-leveled schematics/survivors/heros, or recycling them? Some of the collection rewards seem quite good, but it's starting to feel like the curve is getting real steep and turning into a newb trap.

Gray, green and blue items: put in the collection book if available, or break to turn into XP/mats.

Purple and yellow items: Purples are viable straight to the end of the game. Save these, maybe put dupes in the collection book.

Duplicated heroes: save all heroes, except when you are more than 2 of a hero. If you have 3 of a hero, you can book/break 1. The reason is if you have a hero that is good with shotgun, can be equiped with itself in support to get even more damage with shotguns. Heros are generally very interesting and valuable. Don't delete a hero that seems useless even if you know what you are doing.

Don't level items beyond your area material. Like, if you upgrade your favorite weapon to malachite and can't farm that one, you are screwed.

Level your heroes as much has you can.

Level your survivors as much has you can. Even if are not ideal, you can delete them to get the XP and evolution material back.

I think this is the basics.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/man-lists-favorite-streamer-as-emergency-contact/

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Unless it's a very :thejoke: moment for me, I think it's a parody website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It is.

It's an offshoot of The Hard Times. If you like punk/hardcore/metal, you'll find funny satire related to those genres as well!