Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

ol qwerty bastard posted:

"You know what would be great? A toy version of a transformer, except completely missing the point!"

why would you post this
this is like, a really loaded and specific example from something that makes hundreds of toys, and it's not even special to transformers. EVERYTHING gets a funko pop. Game of Thrones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Steven Universe all have Funko Pops.

Not to mention the "but it doesn't transform" is a really loving lovely mindset that thinks of the Transformers as toys only and not as characters.

Transformers has the Masterpiece line and the movies have the studio series of premium Transformers going right now, and the adult collectors toyline has been doing great and has given people almost all the combiners they could ever want. It's fine, its more toys than anyone could ever buy, and it's far more than Steven Universe could ever get.

Personally I'm more upset that not only are they rebooting the IDW universe and all the writers are leaving, but that the comics after a brief flash of being so great that everyone was noticing ... got so bad that no one of any political stripe cares anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Steven Universe: Rose Quartz is the Sled.

I nominate we go with this one

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Steven Universe: Perfect Cleavage

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"You know what would be great? A toy version of a transformer, except completely missing the point!"

Let me tell you about Actionmasters

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rassle posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Steven Universe: Diamonds are forever

ftfy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Steven Universe: Be Gay or Die

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/heart_puff/status/996794770751078400

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Steven Universe: Diamonds Are In Fact Crash

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I dont think white diamond is a mystery. She just hasnt turned up yet.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
White diamond isn't mysterious she's a DBZ villain

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i hope that she's really regal and imposing then she opens her mouth and the og funimation frieza voice comes out

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Motherfucker posted:

White diamond isn't mysterious she's a DBZ villain

Perfect Cell a la Team Four Star, if we're lucky.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://vincenzonova.tumblr.com/post/173750894626/jasper-you-thirsty-cheeto

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Meanwhile in the land of things that are not OK

http://rileys-universe.tumblr.com/post/173872310984/i-want-stevens-bathroom-to-be-renamed-to-local

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

you can't trust blue people

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Peridot found the internet incel community, all is lost.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gmq posted:

you can't trust blue people

New thread title plz

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't understand what's going on in this image.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I don't understand what's going on in this image.

In the next ep preview Garnet defuses and Sapphire runs away on a teleport shouting "Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz lied to us!" Ruby is left by herself.

So Ruby + Peridot get to have a Blue People Sad Sack Corner moment

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Got it. Thank you.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Personally I'm more upset that not only are they rebooting the IDW universe and all the writers are leaving, but that the comics after a brief flash of being so great that everyone was noticing ... got so bad that no one of any political stripe cares anymore.

So Megatron isn't an Autobot anymore? That was the only thing I knew about those comics and I thought it was really neat.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rhonne posted:

So Megatron isn't an Autobot anymore? That was the only thing I knew about those comics and I thought it was really neat.

He still is. Arguable about how well it was done, and he was written out for a while. Roberts writing juts got weaker and more fanfiction-like, there's a lot of crossovers with Hasbro properties no one has cared about since the eighties (IDW apparently decided to do that, not Hasbro)... I've only gotten second hand impressions since I stopped reading when Roberts comic got kind of boring.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

T-man posted:

Peridot found the internet incel community, all is lost.

An episode where Peridot goes to meet up a fellow incel she met online, only to find out it's Ronaldo. They become best friends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

An episode where Peridot goes to meet up a fellow incel she met online, only to find out it's Ronaldo. They become best friends.

Ronaldo has a girlfriend, and several healthy platonic friendships with other women because he sees them as people not objects.

He's crazy, but not that kind of crazy. He's not a misogynist, just an attempted murderer.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ronaldo has a girlfriend, and several healthy platonic friendships with other women because he sees them as people not objects.

He's crazy, but not that kind of crazy. He's not a misogynist, just an attempted murderer.

Exactly, he's from the Dale Gribble school of crazy, not the kind that "incels" are part of

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Ronaldo and Peridot have definitely engaged in multi-page allcaps internet arguments with each other about anime, though.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I need to apologize to Ronaldo. Kevin is the real incel.

"Sa...Sabina!!"

"Lapis!!"

*whining continues*

This episode involves Kevin temporarily moving in with Peridot in Steven's bathroom.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 17, 2018

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I need to apologize to Ronaldo. Kevin is the real incel.

"Sa...Sabina!!"

"Lapis!!"

*whining continues*

You mean Lars.

His parents had hoped that his pinkening would fix it, but it hasn't.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Exactly, he's from the Dale Gribble school of crazy, not the kind that "incels" are part of

Yeah, he's paranoid in a fun cartoony way not a racist/sexist way. He's way too into his hobbies and special interests, but otherwise capable of normal social interactions and a pretty decent guy when not almost murdering people.

Ronaldo and Peridot have definitely engaged in multi-page allcaps internet arguments with each other about anime, though.

and/or video games.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

When Jasper returns (lmao) she'll definitely join the incel crowd. No one stays fused with Jasper.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Plant MONSTER. posted:

When Jasper returns (lmao) she'll definitely join the incel crowd. No one stays fused with Jasper.

I. I will fuse with Jasper.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Pick posted:

I. I will fuse with Jasper.

Do it for her.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I want there to be an entire episode of Ronaldo and Peridot hanging out and for him to never realize she’s an alien

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

I want there to be an entire episode of Peridot hanging out

fixed

more of best character please, shes basically a townie now so its ok to devote filler to her

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I dunno about that, the Rubies seemed pretty darn thirsty for her.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Jasper will have no shortage of companionship on Earth as long as Greg is around.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I dunno about that, the Rubies seemed pretty darn thirsty for her.

If neither Jasper/Pearl or Jasper/Greg happens then I'd be totally in favor of a Jasper/Ruby Squad harem scenario

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jasper and Pearl seems just hosed up enough to work!

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Well, they are both motivated almost exclusively by their devotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

If neither Jasper/Pearl or Jasper/Greg happens then I'd be totally in favor of a Jasper/Ruby Squad harem scenario

how is ruby harem not your first choice??

I need poly representation to help me reconcile my deep seated desire to watch the people I love have tons of sex with people that aren't me, preferably from a closet.