Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can any of you make this Bewitched Schuhs? none on ah for a few days now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
There's been a huge drought lately of materials so the supply is very limited and prices are shooting up a lot. If you can whip up the mats though I can make them for you.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any decent private servers? I've got the itch to play blue mage and burn out on it but tbh I don't want to pay $15 to play FFXI in 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Nasomi has jumped in popularity recently. There are a handful of goons that play on it. It had its bugs and headaches. It definitely has a different level of grind than retail.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Good time to come back for retail 20+ trusts avail http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login59.html

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Edit: Nm got the items.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 8, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So I got a tripple box setup going on here. Who would my 3 trusts I want to use be? The characters I bring would be pld/Whm/geo. I'm thinking the corsair trust and then two dd?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
why not use a whm trust so you can play another character as a DD?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Depending on what I am doing, it can be annoying maneuvering a DD character. That said, my 3rd is both a WAR and WHM since WAR can just Reso spam for good DPS. I might PL up his COR just so I can toss rolls when I can't 3box DD effectively but Yoran can still do the job.

Sadly Cornelia is no longer an option since she was always slot #1. Probably now would be Koru + Ulmia + Joachim. That should cap Magic Haste which is a big DPS improvement for PLD. Disclaimer: I do have Burtgang so that's already a big DPS increase.

The problem with Qultada is he will just use his attack roll and then refresh roll, both of which are kind of lovely. All the DD trust really fall off at higher levels, doubtful this level cap increase to trusts will really change that.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
Is it worth coming back to this game at all? I've had a weird nostalgic itch.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Holyshoot posted:

Good time to come back for retail 20+ trusts avail http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login59.html

I believe someone said the Goblin Stew 880 was gonna be available too? Or is that a garden event.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

why not use a whm trust so you can play another character as a DD?

I guess I could do that. I just trust my mule more then a trust is all.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

OMGMYSPLEEN posted:

Is it worth coming back to this game at all? I've had a weird nostalgic itch.

I think yes. I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone who didn’t play it back in the day, because it’s just too esoteric IMO. but if you’re vaguely familiar with the game’s mechanics and have a nostalgic itch, try it out.

It is really refreshing and interesting getting all your HP unlocked as teleports, it’s a blast getting something to 99 and equipping lv117-119 gear and watching all your base stats triple. When I quit playing in january I believe my DEX base was like 89+280 when i was in my DEX gear.

doing story content is a breeze. you can equip two linkshells which is nice. party content is endgame now, ambuscade, capacity point parties, etc. and while true endgame content in the form of ultimate weapons (esp aeonic, which requires defeating all NMs in 3 endgame zones) + Omen + Ambuscade + New Dynamis for Relic+2 doesnt seem like very much, it isn’t very little either. if you factor in ALL content. there’s a SHITLOAD to do.

i’d say it’s a very different game but in many good ways. i don’t harbor a lot of sweet nostalgia for 75 or hold it up as a pinnacle. It’s just different.

to note, Asura is the most populated by a large margin. other serves can boast a peak player count of like 300... asuras gets closer to 2k at times.

if you’re more interested in relieving old school 75 content and old school partying, then the private server Nosomi might be more your speed. you can find people streaming it on twitch if you wanna just take a peek. the fact they have level sync means even lower pops can find parties anywhere all the time.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 11, 2018

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Verbose posted:

I believe someone said the Goblin Stew 880 was gonna be available too? Or is that a garden event.
Garden Event. They don't put them in logins anymore.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

What's the linkshell to join on Asura these days. The reddit one was huge but it died.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Looks like FFXI Mobile is still in progress.

Looking much better than the last screenshot we saw.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

That is looking pretty good!

FFXI has a lot of meat on its bones at this point. A proper remastering/repackaging of the game engine and a streamlining of all the major gameplay features would make for an amazing experience.

Arew
Jan 25, 2010

Some things just ain't easy.

Carmant posted:

What's the linkshell to join on Asura these days. The reddit one was huge but it died.

I started back beginning of the year and have been rolling with Warlord - only scheduled events are Dynamis - D on Thurs/Sundays

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Carmant posted:

I'm in one called facedesk. Helpful people at times and nightly omen runs. And dynamis d Sat and some other mid-week day.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

DizzyBum posted:

That is looking pretty good!

FFXI has a lot of meat on its bones at this point. A proper remastering/repackaging of the game engine and a streamlining of all the major gameplay features would make for an amazing experience.

this will KILL me

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Isn't Nexon making the mobile version? That's basically a guarantee it's going to suck dick... Unless of course you love micro-transactions, and severe pay gating.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Rape Stink posted:

Isn't Nexon making the mobile version? That's basically a guarantee it's going to suck dick... Unless of course you love micro-transactions, and severe pay gating.

Yeah Nexon is making it. And given their original screenshots had 4 different currencies in plain view, it's sure to be that. A real shame.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Nexon is developing it but last I heard SE is still having a lot of say in how stuff goes. At the very least I think Yoshida let slip that they've had pretty good amounts of involvement with the project

Also I think the original screenshots were very rough examples with placeholder graphics or something as a mockup interface or something? We'll have to see how it actually pans out

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is that green tree shrub trust as good as the amount of effort it takes to get it? Cause Holy moly is that a lot of work.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Holyshoot posted:

Is that green tree shrub trust as good as the amount of effort it takes to get it? Cause Holy moly is that a lot of work.

I'm a fight away from getting it, I think. At this point I don't care how good or bad it is...I just want it.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Holyshoot posted:

He’s similar to Apururu and Yoran-Oran, so nothing really special. The advantage he gives is he allows you to not be indirectly forced into joining Apururu or Yoran-Oran UC, letting you join the other, more unique, UC’s instead. Some examples: Naja(UC) has a potent -MDB weaponskill, Sylvie(UC) has bubbles and light healing support, and Ayame(UC) can share her TP with you. They’re kind of neat tools to mess around with, but missing out on Apururu/Yoran without Ygnas always feels bad.

Though honestly Yoran is probably still the best...

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a fight away from getting it, I think. At this point I don't care how good or bad it is...I just want it.

green shrub trust?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Verbose posted:

green shrub trust?

Ygnas.

Requires completing all quests in Adoulin, legend rank in all coalitions and level 7 rank mog garden stuff

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Other players can help you with the fight; it's against the NMs from Incursion. You get two NPCs that fight with you. It's supposed to be pretty doable if you've got a light-based method of sleep, but as I've really only got melee stuff geared up I'm kinda up a creek with the fight. I might get lucky, but knowing my luck the opposite has been far more likely.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
wrong god drat thread

hagie fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 18, 2018

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Hey so what's the benefit of doing all the nations missions besides gil and the banner

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Verbose posted:

Hey so what's the benefit of doing all the nations missions besides gil and the banner

+10% CP for each completion

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Paladine_PSoT posted:

+10% CP for each completion

Do your rank points reset when you change allegiances?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Verbose posted:

Do your rank points reset when you change allegiances?

They remain for the nation. So if you are rank 10 Sandy and switch to Windurst you will be rank 1. But if in two weeks you switch back to Sandy you will go back to rank 10 for Sandy.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

They remain for the nation. So if you are rank 10 Sandy and switch to Windurst you will be rank 1. But if in two weeks you switch back to Sandy you will go back to rank 10 for Sandy.

I think he meant the points you get for completeing missions and handing in crystals, etc. I am back to make fun of Frod not being able to lick his own nose.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XI is $10 on Steam. :eyepop: I purchased it. I've never really played FFXI before, just the trial way back in the day when there were only like 1 or 2 expansion packs still.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy XI is $10 on Steam. :eyepop: I purchased it. I've never really played FFXI before, just the trial way back in the day when there were only like 1 or 2 expansion packs still.

That is a good price for FFXI and all it's expansions. The game is new player and returning player friendly. It was not that way 1 or 2 expansions ago.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

FFXI is a good solo adventure for :10bux: but the lack of balance in current endgame will quickly stick out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

Other players can help you with the fight; it's against the NMs from Incursion. You get two NPCs that fight with you. It's supposed to be pretty doable if you've got a light-based method of sleep, but as I've really only got melee stuff geared up I'm kinda up a creek with the fight. I might get lucky, but knowing my luck the opposite has been far more likely.

Follow up. Party of trusts did fine. Most of them died, but the two extra NPCs with you can keep you alive just fine even if it's just you and two trust DDs. I managed it as a THF with no sleep on hand, August tanked most of the enemies for a bit before he died, but he did enough to get the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

FFXI is a good solo adventure for :10bux: but the lack of balance in current endgame will quickly stick out.

FFXI endgame was never balanced.