Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Annual Prophet posted:

A conference audience is milling around a podium. It is a meeting of the SPE Petroleum Technology Conference in Moscow, and the Chairman of Russneft is the keynote speaker. He emerges to applause, flashing a dazzling smile to the audience. “Hi”, he says, “my name is Mischa”.

Mischa was the biggest waste of time in any recent good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

dwarf74 posted:

RONALD REAGAN visits Henry's boarding school and shakes his hand. Within the few words exchanged, he realizes the awful secret.

Smash cut to a Northern Virginia home. The Gipper rings the doorbell, and when Phil opens it to see who it is, Reagan takes him and Elizabeth both out with one vicious haymaker. Stan looks on from across the street with a glimmering tear in his eye, and Renee transforms into the majestic bald eagle she secretly was all along.

The background is replaced by a waving United States Flag. The national anthem starts playing.

fin

Only if Reagan immediately goes full senile, asking where he is and where is Nancy.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Philip's name is also Mischa.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Dancer posted:

Philip's name is also Mischa.

Yep. I thought it would be nice for Philip’s KGB pals to set him up as an oligarch after the dissolution of the USSR.

Though I’m also still partial to a Bollywood ending.

Red Dad Redemption fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 16, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Dude, I already had forgotten all about him.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously. Was there any kind of closure? As I remember it, at some point he just straight up stopped appearing in the show. Maybe he'll turn up in the finale, and we'll learn that his full name is Mischa Chekhov.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Seriously. Was there any kind of closure? As I remember it, at some point he just straight up stopped appearing in the show. Maybe he'll turn up in the finale, and we'll learn that his full name is Mischa Chekhov.

His closure was Gabriel telling him to go home

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/joel_fields/status/996486558520958976

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Well technically Phillip didn't kill anyone in Chicago.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cojawfee posted:

Only if Reagan immediately goes full senile, asking where he is and where is Nancy"Mommy."

FTFY. He really did call her "Mommy."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"...and the Russians were there, and the Cubans were there..."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I must prepare my body for tonight's episode .... !!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

I must prepare my body for tonight's episode .... !!!!

It would take a lot of doing to be any more sad or heartbreaking than last night's Handmaid's Tale. WOOOOOOOF.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
And we open with ohshit :ohdear:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

DarklyDreaming posted:

And we open with ohshit :ohdear:

That conversation, "this is about Gorbachev?" and the dramatic sigh from Philip at the end. The are nailing it this year.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:suspense:

I have to say though Elizabeth, that was all on you, no matter how hard you try to redirect onto Philip.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Take one of the paintings Liz. Let it haunt you for all two of the hours you have left on this earth

EDIT: And then try to fit it into your station wagon, I'm not sure what the metaphor on that one is but I'm sure it's good.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
This is not going to end well for that kid.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Stavos knew!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Stavos was an observant dude.

The dumb poo poo opened the box didn't he?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You dead boy

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Stay calm. We're just driving into an abandoned warehouse for a conversation. Stay calm.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Liz has gone soft :ohdear:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

She didn't kill him? :aaa:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This is the suit Philip intends to be buried in

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh man, Stan is going to walk in now isn't he?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Zero One posted:

Liz has gone soft :ohdear:

Two non-kills in one episode.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Oh liz.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Just spent the last season staging a coup that won't work.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kind of funny that Elizabeth's patriotism(?) makes her balk at deposing Gorbachev :ussr:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That preview...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zero One posted:

That preview...

I literally gasped when I saw it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zero One posted:

Stavos knew!

I was raised to be loyal :smith:

howe_sam posted:

Kind of funny that Elizabeth's patriotism(?) makes her balk at deposing Gorbachev :ussr:

She listened to Phillip and now she's thinking for herself. :3:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
These last two episodes are going to be loving wild. Does anyone know if we're getting an extended series finale or just the hour?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stavos <3

omg this show tho.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That Liz "euthanasia" scene was one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a while

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
The euthanizing was also an "Elizabeth thinks for herself" moment because she could have saved her and kept her husband at the negotiations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

GobiasIndustries posted:

That Liz "euthanasia" scene was one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a while

"Don't worry guy, I got this. Done it a hundred times! The hard part is hands and head in a duffel bag or whole body intact in a suitcase, this one's a piece of cake by comparison"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why would the kid tell Elizabeth he looked in the box? :psyduck:

I doubt it would have been possible to get the FBI involved that fast, but if you can’t calm your nerves, don’t get in the car.

Make some excuse like “I got bad news about my mom and I have a ticket on the first flight home.”

He really isn’t cut out for McIlraith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
fuuuuck that promo.

Man, I'm going to miss the hell out of this show.

• Locked thread