Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Season 6 trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIn_MH8_2ig

3 years later... Season 6, 1987.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Wikipedia | IMDB | Past TVIV Threads: S2, S3, S4, S5

Synopsis posted:

The Americans is a period drama set during the Cold War shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President and is about the complex marriage of two deep cover KGB spies posing as an American married couple living in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington D.C.. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell), who have two children – Paige (Holly Taylor) and Henry (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents’ true identity – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate and dangerous relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control while avoiding being caught by FBI counterintelligence.

Creators
The series was created by novelist Joe Weisberg (a former CIA officer) working under the tutelage of Graham Yost (Justified, The Pacific).

quote:

"The most interesting thing I observed during my time at the CIA was the family life of agents who served abroad with kids and spouses. The reality is that mostly they're just people going about their lives. The job is one element, and trying to depict the issues they face just seemed like something that, if we could bring it to television in a realistic way, would be new."

—Joe Weisberg, creator and showrunner of The Americans
Characters
Detailed Character Bios: http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/the-americans/cast-crew

The FBI
The Counterintelligence Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is fighting against foreign agents on U.S. soil - including the elite KGB Directorate S illegals: Russian spies posing as Americans.
[Image coming soon]
Agent Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), Agent Dennis Aderholt (Brandon J. Dirden), Martha Hanson (Alison Wright)
Supporting: Deputy Attorney General (Cotter Smith), Agent Wolfe (Peter Jacobson), Glenn Haskard (Scott Cohen) a member of the State Department, FBI Mail Robot (Mail Robot)

The KGB
The Rezidentura is the core of Soviet espionage operations in the US. It is based out of the Soviet Embassy and receives orders from The Center, the central headquarters of the KGB in Moscow, especially those departments concerned with foreign espionage and counterintelligence. The Rezidentura then contacts Directorate S agents 'illegals' via handlers, coded messages, or dead drops.
[Image coming soon]
Oleg Igorevich Burov an agent working at KGB Headquarters (Costa Ronin), Interim Rezidentura Chief Tatiana Evgenyevna (Vera Cherny)
Supporting: Claudia (Margo Martindale) Handler for the Jennings, Oleg's father and Minister of Railways Igor Burov (Boris Krutonog)

The Jennings
Philip and Elizabeth are KGB Directorate S deep cover agents, 'Illegals', posing as Americans, working tirelessly to advance their nation's agenda - by any means necessary. As a cover, they own and run a travel agency. They arrived in the US in August, 1965. Currently neighbours of the Beeman family.
[Image coming soon]
Phillip Jennings (Matthew Rhys), Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russel), Paige Jennings (Holly Taylor), Henry Jennings (Keidrich Sellati)

Season 5 Recap
https://twitter.com/TheAmericansFX/status/978760918401085440

The events of the sixth season begin in 1987, three years after the conclusion of season five.

Posters

Episodes

Dead Hand March 28
Tchaikovsky April 4
Urban Transport Planning April 11
Mr. and Mrs. Teacup April 18
The Great Patriotic War April 25
Rififi May 2
Harvest May 9
The Summit May 16
Jennings, Elizabeth May 23
START May 30 (show final)

Dasvidanya, Comrades

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
reserving post

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's Martha time y'all

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope Paige is now a psycho like Elizabeth and just murders the poo poo out of people.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Didn't realize this was back already until my wife sent me the press release for the premier tonight.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yassss bitch my body is ready ...... to wait til I get home from work to watch this.

Excited though! Favourite show since Mad Men so I'm beyond hype for the final season.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Wait, 3 years have passed? That's weird because the Stan and Paige story arcs just felt like they were on the cusp of something.

I guess we'll be seeing Even More Burnt Out Philip.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm so worried about this time skip you don't even know :ohdear:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Does anyone think Henry ends up in the fancy school or is he stuck playing video games with Stan?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hatelull posted:

Does anyone think Henry ends up in the fancy school or is he stuck playing video games with Stan?

I would bet an actual ten dollar bill that one of his first scenes is "Welcome home Henry, how has that school we sent you to 3 years ago been treating you?"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

mr. unhsib posted:

I guess we'll be seeing Even More Burnt Out Philip.

It's my understanding that Philip spends the three years basically retired and running the travel agency. Elizabeth's been doing all the heavy lifting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My biggest concern with the time skip is that they're essentially skipping over the most intense part of the 80s cold war entirely. They're even skipping Chernobyl!

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

howe_sam posted:

It's my understanding that Philip spends the three years basically retired and running the travel agency. Elizabeth's been doing all the heavy lifting.

Oh right, he was going to back off on everything except his skeevy sex offender cover.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I am so excited for this final season :allears: This show, in my opinion, got better every season until the last one, which wasn't bad but felt like moving pieces on the board. Since the writers have had the 'big picture' end in mind from early on I'm expecting good things from these last 10 episodes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/carolineframke/status/979140793251368960

:corsair:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
well now i'm just wondering why the gently caress none of us thought to hold a calculator like that and use our thumbs cause it would have been way faster when using those scientific calculators

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I used my thumbs a lot with scientific calculators but i also grew up with a gameboy and in the 90s

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Only 10 episodes?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Henchman of Santa posted:

Only 10 episodes?

Atlanta is only 9, too. Are they shoehorning too much stuff in?

e- I like that American still uses those old-school cardstock boarding passes like it's 1987.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 29, 2018

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paige watching what appears to be a Russian sitcom

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Lift that poo poo, Henry, you dork, you had the goalie dead to rights.

Second generation Superspy Paige is going to be a hard sell, methinks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Those shoulder pads on Paige.

Also, indoctrinating Paige via sitcom is dang creepy

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh poo poo, we could get Phillip vs. Elizabeth? :tviv:

More specifically, he, Arkady, and Railroad Engineer Oleg.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 29, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Philip turns heel by starting time shares

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

At least Paige is right about Bork.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wow, Paige is a believer in "The Nazis Had Some Good Ideas", eh?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wow 1987 was a nightmarish time for fashion

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The soundtrack game tonight is strong.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Georgia O’Cunte over here

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Philip really is living his best life right now

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Signal chalk

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm picturing Oleg just rambling up to the Jennings' house while Stan looks on.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did they blow the whole soundtrack budget in this episode?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nothing rapey about that at all

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, I've changed my mind, Paige, kill that dude.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lol gently caress that guy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Well that took a loving turn :stare:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's what you get for being gross about getting a pretty girl's number.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That seems like a poor decision???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why do I feel like the mother/daughter moment is foreshadowing for later this season?

• Locked thread