Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

i've been hearing rumors that he doesn't actually believe the world is flat but that flat earthers are easy money so he pretended to be to get money to actually build the rocket.

The medical bills probably made that less worth doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

chitoryu12 posted:

He would parachute down gently with no injuries.

And he's now selling autographed pieces of said parachute (and various other bits off that contraption) on his Facebook page to finance his latest project - the fastest ever boat on the water.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

The trend I see is that these really macho guys go out of their way to prove themselves to the woman partner and inevitably get hurt or flame out and bitch and moan the whole time. 9 out of 10 times the train wreck partner is the guy on the show.

There's a book I'm reading that covers this a little bit. The author attributes it to a show-off instinct where men are more likely to spend resources on upping their prestige than on meeting the basic needs of themselves and people around them.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

TotalLossBrain posted:

And he's now selling autographed pieces of said parachute (and various other bits off that contraption) on his Facebook page to finance his latest project - the fastest ever boat on the water.

Oh good: if he's trying to set a speed record on water there's only an 80% chance that he will be killed.

That may be accurate, but I said it with confidence so it probably is.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/996812712201150464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The libertarian group is saying libertarians suck?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Uh, did they watch the video? Is this supposed to be ironic?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Buddy no one is going to a Browns game to avoid feeling lovely

I like they like the feeling of hope turning into crushing disappointment as they're faced with reality. Year. After year.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/andthehoneybees/status/996854157108793347

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Len posted:

I like they like the feeling of hope turning into crushing disappointment as they're faced with reality. Year. After year.

And they're about to do it again this year. I love it :doggo:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Field Mousepad posted:

And they're about to do it again this year. I love it :doggo:

It's the best. Everyone goes into the season pumped despite knowing better and by the 4th game the conversation isn't just about "man the browns lost" it's "how they lost in this new exciting way"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

:thunk:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Transubstantiation seems more ridiculous than most sports.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Picnic Princess posted:

I mean, there's a reason why I'm posting it in this thread.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Again, this is true.

Christians worship a cannibalistic death god hiding it's true motive

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Len posted:

It's the best. Everyone goes into the season pumped despite knowing better and by the 4th game the conversation isn't just about "man the browns lost" it's "how they lost in this new exciting way"

20+ years of football watching and it still never gets old.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

20+ years of football watching and it still never gets old.

I just don’t understand why people still give them money. I have friends that still buy season tickets.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
They're banking on a football LeBron showing up. And that will never happen.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Can't wait to see what new and exciting ways they discover to ruin Baker Mayfield.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

Either way, they're not wrong

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

@YALiberty post amazing self owns on a regular basis. I'm still not certain that the organization itself isn't an elaborate parody.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:captainpop:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

captainOrbital posted:

Oh good: if he's trying to set a speed record on water there's only an 80% chance that he will be killed.

That may be accurate, but I said it with confidence so it probably is.

The record has stood since 1977, and the two official attempts to break it since then have both resulted in the death of the driver. Also, the current record holder is the only person to get above 300mph on the water and survive.

80% death rate is actually pretty optimistic.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

"Hey, if we make the skin super detailed, think that will make this look less obscene?"
"Sure!"

(it didn't, it just looks like ugly clitfingers)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Little bougie in the boat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This isn't quite Idiots, but it's worth a laugh.

https://twitter.com/tooshortforwhat/status/996466222081429504

https://twitter.com/A_coolestgirl/status/996900061853384704

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Digging those deats dy bre headphones.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Tell that to Emperor Justinian I!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I checked the source. People are making GBS threads all over the artist and (her?) bad opinions in the comment section.

She did a rant about not wanting men in the women's bathroom and half the comment section was furries writing erotic fan fiction about her TERF lions in mockery of the OP.

quote:

>>>Image entirely suggested by one of my trans friends

This is all I'm saying on the matter from now on.
This image never did and still does not have anything to do with real transgender people, who have gender dysphoria. They're not getting offended because they're smart people who aren't loving retards.

This image was entirely directed at the 'I have no gender' crowds. The "I cut my hair, I'm a boy today! and a girl tomorrow!" the "my preferred gendered pronouns are zei zhir zip zap" poo poo

trans trenders
the people who make the poo poo real trans gender people go through look like a joke
that was the point of the image. The retarded 12 yr old girls who make being gay or trans look like a fashion statement rather than who people are.

I feel like I have to explain loving everything
If you wanna pretend you're a nongendered, nonbinary genderfluid space otherkin good for you. But like religious people trying to convince me there is a sky daddy who made people outta dirt and a talking snake convinced the naked people to eat a apple I don't believe it.
Because I'm free to.
It's my opinion that I think genderfluid is bullshit and can be disproved with science.

I was suggested to make this by my trans friend, wasn't gonna do it otherwise.

Yes I know they're called ovaries, gently caress wits. I drew the image late at night within like an hour. poo poo happens.
I know there are spelling errors and some mistakes, gently caress off
They're not meant to represent lions or how lions act. They're meant to represent people. I can't draw people so I drew them as lions.

TLDR: I didn't include actual trans people in the image because this image doesn't apply to them in the loving slightest. This is like if I made a image with the opinion "small dogs are annoying" and then people started saying I hated big dogs too
or some poo poo
this image doesn't apply to them in the loving slightest

End of story. If you people wanna continue to fling your poo poo at the screen have fun, but I ain't got any more to say on it.

Have fun raping the art into the dirt on twitter or FB because the sites don't do much about it, but reposts on DA will be reported. And if there's one thing DA does good its take down repost art

-peace

Katt has a new favorite as of 06:50 on May 17, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As a bona fide trans woman, the author can go to hell. making GBS threads on kids trying out new gender stuff is just a side look away from attacking any other trans people for failing to fit in the True Transsexual. Harry Benjamin, the man who widely popularized (and who I, as an academic :smug:, credit as the inventor of the west's modern conception of transness) had a scale on which people were plotted on, and anyone who didn't meet his standards would be denied transition-related healthcare, which screwed over a lot of innocent people. After a few years there were entire underground network of trans people reading his book and lying to doctors to get medical care, and the idea that trans people are liars is still widely known in medical circles. We've had decades of people trying to decide if we're "trans enough," from doctors to judges to random jerks on the street, and I for one will welcome every wonky new pronoun and confusing term if it means that this goddamn narrative that only some people can be Really Trans(tm) dies in a loving fire.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Midnight Voyager posted:

"Hey, if we make the skin super detailed, think that will make this look less obscene?"
"Sure!"

(it didn't, it just looks like ugly clitfingers)

They had to know what they were doing. They had to.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'll never get tired of doofus nerds not 'getting' the characters they love enough to make into their avatars. He's really more of a Cyril.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/cmcconnell14/status/996778685867986944

e: In case the 1% doesn't make it clear he translated the dude's comment

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

I checked the source. People are making GBS threads all over the artist and (her?) bad opinions in the comment section.

She did a rant about not wanting men in the women's bathroom and half the comment section was furries writing erotic fan fiction about her TERF lions in mockery of the OP.

Yes clearly anyone with a functional brain should have been able to look at the original and understand how all that SEX = GENDER and YOU CANT DENY BIOLOGY stuff is really meant as a defense of trans people

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Data Graham posted:

Yes clearly anyone with a functional brain should have been able to look at the original and understand how all that SEX = GENDER and YOU CANT DENY BIOLOGY stuff is really meant as a defense of trans people

women have 2 eggs,

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/mrnickharvey/status/997036076991700993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

Data Graham posted:

Her choice of animal is pretty hilarious too honestly.