Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Wish someone would instagib the LNP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

That would be a cool as hell job as long as you realise that no one would ever listen to you or incorporate your designs in anything more than the most slap dash fashion.
they'll listen to me when i eradicate their lantana and rid their property of rabbits

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did not know Alan was an old school Quake fan. What weapon do you think he used the most?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Did not know Alan was an old school Quake fan. What weapon do you think he used the most?

Quad damage super shotgun if they know what's good for them.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
HUMILIATION

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bigis posted:

HUMILIATION

It's too old for me to find Youtube clips to give examples but IMO the best commentator kills were in Blood 1.

ANAL JUSTICE

No wait I found one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEd5tUB3IUc Wasn't as audible back then though.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

PM cops Brisbane pub patron abuse for getting served first

A man has hurled abuse at the Prime Minister inside a Brisbane hotel because the nation's leader got served before him at the bar.
Malcolm Turnbull was at the Carindale Hotel on Thursday night for a politics in the pub event.

Police said the man yelled abuse at Mr Turnbull about 7.10pm because he was served before him.
"There was no altercation but the man was yelling abuse, so he was moved away, taken outside and moved on," a police spokesman said.
"He (the man) was fairly intoxicated and fairly apologetic once he realised what he was doing."
The man was issued with an infringement notice for failing to leave a licensed premise.
The Prime Minister's office declined to comment on the actual incident but said the politics in the pub event was not affected and went ahead as planned.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/pm-cops-brisbane-pub-patron-abuse-for-getting-served-first-20180517-p4zg06.html

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
How the gently caress did the smoothest communicator in the country not manage to say "ah sorry mate, you know what I'll get it" and win a friend.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

God bless carindale.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

iajanus posted:

God bless carindale.

haha wow, i wonder if ross was there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I swear Ross Vasta's face is not real.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

he's had the same face since the 90s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol get hosed Freehills you pack of fucks eat a big fuckin fat shite

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Freehills are bad

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Lol Murdoch Uni in Perth has a Freehills lecture theatre.

IIRC they also funneled about 2.2M in public money to them via a loving stupid civil suit against the NTEU which they eventually dropped because it was pants on head stupid.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Apparently according to Freehills, putting up flyers isn't organising, it's "coercion"

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

JBP posted:

How the gently caress did the smoothest communicator in the country not manage to say "ah sorry mate, you know what I'll get it" and win a friend.

:lol: This reminds me of the time Colin Barnett bought the Big Issue and asked for change.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Freehills are bad

I have never heard of them, but googling comes up with them being a Lawyers firm.

And all Lawyers are bad, so yeah, kinda redundant

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/thecalebbond/status/996915293950590976?s=21

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Chinese are coming from inside my house.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Don Dongington posted:

IIRC they also funneled about 2.2M in public money to them via a loving stupid civil suit against the NTEU which they eventually dropped because it was pants on head stupid.

I just came off an employment law placement where we talked about this case quite a bit. IIRC it's more like $2.8 spent by Murdoch and the NTEU won't confirm the amount but said it's either high six figures or low seven, negotiations are actually still ongoing and it's been literally years at this point, and Murdoch didn't drop the suit, they won, in part because the NTEU used moronic tactics that included questioning some ridiculous number of staff (I want to say between 50 and 100) and it didn't prove their point, it only pissed off the judge.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

How on Earth does this hip young lad not know how to do a basic Google search to discover this is a well known thing?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"This frightens me"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Senor Tron posted:

How on Earth does this hip young lad not know how to do a basic Google search to discover this is a well known thing?

The conservative brain rot has set in early

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JBP posted:

The Chinese are coming from inside my house.

Not his loving house that's for sure

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i got a call from a chinese recording the other day. i just assumed it was to sell me something so i hung up

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I keep getting calls from multi level marketing scams in India, it's very strange.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just like how it leaves a voicemail. I've kept my weird robotic Chinese friend voicemail for when I'm feeling lonely.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm getting loving calls from 'cryptocurrency investment firms' now I want to rip the loving landline out of the wall and flush it down the dunny but it's the only phone my mother and father-in-law know how to use.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Sign the do not call registry and report anyone who calls you

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Zenithe posted:

I'm sure scammers are really worried about this.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zenithe posted:

This Doesn't Work In A Globalised World

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Never answer the phone for anyone. Distribute carrier pigeons to your contacts

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Starshark posted:

I'm getting loving calls from 'cryptocurrency investment firms' now I want to rip the loving landline out of the wall and flush it down the dunny but it's the only phone my mother and father-in-law know how to use.

I'm having them invite me to discord servers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bandaid.friend posted:

smh if you don't use dead drops and microfilm

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

bandaid.friend posted:

There's a pigeon at my window who says there's a problem with my Microsoft Windows, should I let it in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-18/hospitality-workers-chase-millions-in-unpaid-superannuation/9772546

quote:

Chad Parkhill is still trying to get $2,500 in unpaid super after his seven months at the Brunswick restaurant and bar, Host Dining.

When Chad decided to approach the Fair Work Ombudsman to pursue his unpaid super, he said the restaurant's co-owner Nedim Rahmanovic told him: "Good luck with that."

Mr Rahmanovic admitted to the ABC that he owed "very small amounts [of superannuation] to a lot" of staff, and "more to others".

"That's something we are trying to get on top of," he said.

He blamed the "extreme pressures of running a small business" for not paying employees their full entitlements.

"It's purely a matter of survival. People are only prepared to spend small amounts on food," he said.

The ABC put questions to Alimentari cafe, asking why Pamela and another employee were paid in cash, at below the award rate, and whether super and tax were ever paid on their wages.

In a statement, cafe co-owner Linda Davis said: "In the past, we paid people in cash while they were trialling with the business, at what we believed were legal trial rates of pay. While this practice may be common in the industry, it is not how we operate today."

I'm a lot less sympathetic to small business owners than I used to be. Replace them all with Nandos.

• Locked thread