Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

If you don't mind adding an HT to the model number then you'll probably want to beat the campaign.

:ughh:

Okay fine I'll finish the drat campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What file do I have to mod to make buildings slightly more resilient?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've been listening to March on Axylus and now I've got Phantom of the Opera stuck inside my mind and I'm not entirely sure how my brain made this leap

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Is extraction the mission whee you save your dude? You can actually leave the circle, kill everything, then reenter and brace for five turns and win.

Even with that it's a royal pain to do.

I wasn't even going to savescum the first time through when Glitch had to eject early, but then an AI one-punched Kamea to death.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

IOwnCalculus posted:

Even with that it's a royal pain to do.

I wasn't even going to savescum the first time through when Glitch had to eject early, but then an AI one-punched Kamea to death.

i wish you could hire pilots who do that to you
just knock their rear end out and then take them as salvage

that might be a bit too Clanner for this game but I really think the idea of some AI who does something incredible ought to get a job offer

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Fulton recovery system upgrade for the Argo when?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Conspiratiorist posted:

Fulton recovery system upgrade for the Argo when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gyshall posted:

What file do I have to mod to make buildings slightly more resilient?

StreamingAssets\data\buildings\ all the files that are helpfully labeled 'defend'

it's best to use notepad++ or another text editor that's not notepad.exe

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Okay I realized what I did wrong.

I tried to hum March on Axylus, but in my head I can hear the strings and this causes me to short-circuit and do a hard turn towards into Phantom of the Opera.

March on Axylus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHJSfvkC8qk

Phantom of the Opera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKKiaSLLEY

I think I broke something in my weak music brain part and now I've spent the past hour browsing clips from musicals on youtube

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, does anyone know were to find the save folder? I'm trying to prune my saves, but it doesn't show up in the game folder.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

imweasel09 posted:

5 skull assassinations.
The Atlas I'm using came from a 3.5 skull assassinate mission. Said mission also threw about 8 heavies at me. Just Battletech things I guess.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

VolticSurge posted:

So, does anyone know were to find the save folder? I'm trying to prune my saves, but it doesn't show up in the game folder.

your steam folder. Not your steam library, but your steam install folder.

\steam\userdata\USER_ID\637090\remote\ ... something something, it should be obvious from here.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Are they looking to add more mechs and stuff later? I can only hope that they're planning a Clan dlc at some point. Need me a classic Timberwolf.

DeepThrobble
Sep 18, 2006
The noncommittal don't-hold-us-to-anything answer in the post-launch AMA was yes, though they also said that they want to flesh out more content in this era before trying the Clans.

Since PGI started including some older mechs that aren't particularly meta-good like the Javelin, Assassin, and Vulcan months after they've been digging hard into the 3060 stuff suggests that another deal with HBS might be in the works, though those same mechs would also flesh out the roster for MW5. They also made the Wolfhound, Crab, and Cyclops since the original deal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mackie when

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell yeah, bring on the common Crab

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Bring out them elementals already my Dekker is somehow still alive and I need something lighter than a locust to rectify this issue

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ChickenHeart posted:

Bring out them elementals already my Dekker is somehow still alive and I need something lighter than a locust to rectify this issue
Coming soon. Mechassault 3!

Dekker is hijacking enemy mechs with a crowbar, because we won't even give him a power suit!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Does anyone know where we can edit the amount of salvage (e.g. 2/10, 5/22 etc.) we can get per mission?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

PoptartsNinja posted:

No "almost" needed. The only one of those that wasn't on HBS's "100% Yes" list was the Archer, and that was because PGI had just released it around the month HBS were doing their 'Mech announcements.

Rifleman wasn’t on the list either, missed the cutoff by less than a month. I think.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/87

Mod that makes Juggernaut mechs brace after melee attacks, and also still be able to fire.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/102?tab=description

Also, mod that removes jump jet slots from mechs that aren't supposed to have them.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 17, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Juggernaught should just live up to its name. Mechs travel in a straight line, knocking over and aside all mechs it runs into.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Juggernaut could just make it so you can't be knocked down?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Taear posted:

That would instantly make it the best skill in the game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Double Knockdown Resistance might be a bit better.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Aramoro posted:

That would instantly make it the best skill in the game.

Better than going a whole turn before everyone else? I dunno, master tactician feels better than knockdown resistance because you're not getting knocked down if you go before them and blow them up.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

A lot of potential balance discussion just isn't possible until we all agree that 8-12 v 4 lets the AI power through any nuance in the system and we need an XCOM-style pod separation and activation system for enemy lances.

I'll fight 12 mechs in one mission, just let it be 4 at a time so that evasion is still a thing and phases matter and you aren't guaranteed to be knocked over if you forget to brace.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taear posted:

You get knocked down, but you get up again after a hit. You're never going to keep me down.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alchenar posted:

A lot of potential balance discussion just isn't possible until we all agree that 8-12 v 4 lets the AI power through any nuance in the system and we need an XCOM-style pod separation and activation system for enemy lances.

Oh gently caress no, I'd hate to not want to flank because it might activate another pod. You'd just prioritize bulwark and maximizing drop weight more than it already is.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Alchenar posted:

I'll fight 12 mechs in one mission, just let it be 4 at a time so that evasion is still a thing and phases matter and you aren't guaranteed to be knocked over if you forget to brace.

But then the AI would always have to match what sort of mechs you have because if you fought 4 vs 4 and the AI had two light mechs they'd just get mashed instantly instead of being ignored for larger targets.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Oh gently caress no, I'd hate to not want to flank because it might activate another pod. You'd just prioritize bulwark and maximizing drop weight more than it already is.

Then make reinforcements actually be reinforcements that show up later, rather than just "extra enemies that we didn't see".

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

what about flying elbow drops?

Off the top ropes?

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Stanley Pain posted:

Off the top ropes?

With jumpjets :byodood:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Then make reinforcements actually be reinforcements that show up later, rather than just "extra enemies that we didn't see".

Retreating isn't a fail condition like Xcom. If you're hosed, run away. The penalties are generally minor as long as you didn't wait until you lost a mech or two to run.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Great Beer posted:

Retreating isn't a fail condition like Xcom. If you're hosed, run away. The penalties are generally minor as long as you didn't wait until you lost a mech or two to run.

...ok? What does that have to do with balancing abilities around number of units?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:vince:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

...ok? What does that have to do with balancing abilities around number of units?

Think of it this way. Your intel said there was going to be a single lance for your to destroy or whatever. When you land you find out your intel was bad. Really bad. You can either take your chances, or cut and run.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Knockdown should just have some piloting roll associated with it. Having it be absolutely guarenteed if you meet conditions is silly.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

Think of it this way. Your intel said there was going to be a single lance for your to destroy or whatever. When you land you find out your intel was bad. Really bad. You can either take your chances, or cut and run.

No I get that. We were discussing how to balance abilities around amount of units, since alot of balance issues arise from you always being outnumbered, with enemy pilots having access to almost all the same skills as you. I threw out a suggestion, as part of the conversation, to stagger reinforcements so you fight multiple smaller groups; this in response to the idea of pods similar to xcom.

Telling me I can retreat from a fight that's too hard literally has nothing to do with the subject of the discussion.

Unormal posted:

Knockdown should just have some piloting roll associated with it. Having it be absolutely guarenteed if you meet conditions is silly.

Yeah like a piloting check when you get hit with enough poo poo. Wasn't it like that in TT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Unormal posted:

Pilot skill DOES increase your knockdown threshold, for what it's worth.