Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Angrymantium posted:

I just don't see how that's possible with development also being focused on their historical stuff. Three Kingdoms is almost definitely going to be a bigger deal than ThroB, and the fans for that game are going to want dlc and extras down the line too. The dev staff is either going to be split between the two games or focused more on TK altogether, which is going to lead to the same glacial pace of content for TWW2 we've been seeing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just push everything else onto game three while they focus on their historical franchises for a while.

DLC for TW is normally heavily discounted a few months after release, even well received campaign stuff like Ceasar in Gaul and Charlemagne. Beastmen and Wood Elves only reached 50% off in sales a couple of months ago. Total Warhammer DLC must be making shitloads and I'd be very surprised not to see at least one more race pack, with a good chance of more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that Eltharion the Grim is apparently not going to be a Legendary Lord choice for High Elves in this game (assuming the "four per faction" thing holds true). Shows what I know I guess! Mind you I really wanted Imrik but I knew they wouldn't go with him.

He'll come in the Grim and the Green lord pack featuring him and Grom the Paunch.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wish they'd stop playing the drip-drop teasing trying-to-build-hype approach. After 5 months it just feel insulting.

I dont want to play guessing games about the DE's secret weapon or get info about the "Resurgence" update doled out over the next 2 weeks. They need to just lay out what they have so I can make a decision about whether I still care enough to reinstall this game, much less to play along with their hype game..

Also, lol at the May 31st release date. Everything about this so far seems designed to communicate "minimum-required-effort-in-order-to-technically-meet-previous-promises"

SickZip fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 17, 2018

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that Eltharion the Grim is apparently not going to be a Legendary Lord choice for High Elves in this game (assuming the "four per faction" thing holds true). Shows what I know I guess! Mind you I really wanted Imrik but I knew they wouldn't go with him.

Eltharion is an interesting character with an option for a griffon mount to make him stand out, but I can why they didn't add him. His realm is depopulated and it starts off in a boring position for the vortex campaign. You could give him a foreign start position but Alith Anar is more suited for that.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mukip posted:

Eltharion is an interesting character with an option for a griffon mount to make him stand out, but I can why they didn't add him. His realm is depopulated and it starts off in a boring position for the vortex campaign. You could give him a foreign start position but Alith Anar is more suited for that.

Eh, Elthatrion has a whole thing about going on a murder tour of the Badlands slaughtering orcs. Can easily chuck him over there.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
That would make for a good Mortal Empires starting location, but CA seem pretty adamant that everything to do with TW2 races has to fit into the Vortex campaign, too.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Blinks77 posted:

Eh, Elthatrion has a whole thing about going on a murder tour of the Badlands slaughtering orcs. Can easily chuck him over there.

Right, but you still have to give him something to do in the vortex campaign.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Mukip posted:

That would make for a good Mortal Empires starting location, but CA seem pretty adamant that everything to do with TW2 races has to fit into the Vortex campaign, too.

For obvious reasons as long as Mortal Empires requires you to buy the first game as well.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kainser posted:

For obvious reasons as long as Mortal Empires requires you to buy the first game as well.

Hmmmm, maybe the play would have been to make the Mortal Empires campaign map available to anyone who bought TW2, but they could only play as the races they actually owned.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
This definitely makes it sound like "man, people are going to be really mad about the roster so quickly promise that they'll get more soon" :v:

Mordja posted:

Hmmmm, maybe the play would have been to make the Mortal Empires campaign map available to anyone who bought TW2, but they could only play as the races they actually owned.

Yeah, this is what I thought they should have done from the beginning. Let everyone play it but treat the races like DLC so no game 1 races unless you own that game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m not sad that the dumb looking monsters GW invented so they could sell dual kits are not included

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
more elves to murder is ok

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Actually, you'll find that this alternate version of the existing monster that was added in 8th edition is iconic.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Dark elves get loving dark riders on pegasi - High Elves get... Ellyrion reavers, but better? This is like playing the tabletop again.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m not sad that the dumb looking monsters GW invented so they could sell dual kits are not included

someone, somewhere, desperately wants a skink priest on troglodon

pity that person

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Yeah, but Ellyrian Reavers own in this game. It seems like the RoR Reavers are going to be even more of a dual-purpose unit than regular bow Reavers are. I think they'll probably show up in a lot of MP builds if they don't cost too much, since being able to perform several roles actually saves gold. Even regular bow Reavers can already charge into melee against most light cav and win, and the extra speed of the RoR Reavers is a nice touch for catching Dark Riders so expect to see them a lot against Dark Elves.

The flaming anti-large Dragon Princes seem like a deliberate crowd-pleaser, since HE are very strong overall but struggle against monsters. If the Sisters really have AP arrows on top of that then I think the Asur can reach for the top spot, where previously they were the weakest of the original TW2 races by a slender margin.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Given that it's priced at 8 bucks I'm pretty okay at the content list for that DLC. Both LLs look to have pretty unique campaign mechanics that will make playing as them notably different and unique, and I don't really feel like the elf rosters need a whole shitload of fleshing out to begin with. Alarielle in particular is going to be pretty fun for me.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Well this looks rad, I am glad I don't know enough about Warhammer to sperg about details and stuff but still enjoy the universe

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That RoR lothern sea guard unit seems pretty solid too. Vanguard, fire while moving, and fear seems like they could be an excellent ambush unit if you hide them in some trees

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I'm excited for this DLC, it has some of the best gigantic hair content in a TW DLC, maybe the best.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm more interested in race packs than lord packs, but this looks pretty decent to me.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh and theres this that somwhat slipped through as well:

quote:

Mark of Asuryan (Entities will burst in to flames upon death and deal damage to any nearby enemies i.e. New interpretation of the Dwarf Slayer ‘Death Blow’ trait)

They are remaking the slayer mechanic!

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Hm, I initially read that as that the RoR would have a mechanic akin to Deathblow, not that Deathblow was changed, but you might be right?

Ungrim + Karak Kadrin are part of the patch, so maybe they received a tweak.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I interpreted that as 'this works mechanically identically to deathblow just with a different flavor name'

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I am not happy with Creative Assembley--thats okay, i'll still keep buying that garbage

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The fact that the lords actually have some cool campaign mechanics makes me hopeful that we’re getting more of a King and the Warlord rather than a Grim and the Grave

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Yeah, I interpreted that as 'this works mechanically identically to deathblow just with a different flavor name'

They are literally saying theres a "New interpretation" on the slayer mechanic, it did not work as outlined above before!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'd be down for Belegar and Grombrindal being re-designed as Dwarf hordes, speaking of which. Particularly if they keep moving forward with making sure each LL has their own starting position and faction.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The fact that the lords actually have some cool campaign mechanics makes me hopeful that we’re getting more of a King and the Warlord rather than a Grim and the Grave

Hey Grim and the Grave had real different campaign mechanics.

Of the new lords being real bad and lovely compared to the relatively good base lords.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

toasterwarrior posted:

I'd be down for Belegar and Grombrindal being re-designed as Dwarf hordes, speaking of which. Particularly if they keep moving forward with making sure each LL has their own starting position and faction.

Belegar losing his upkeep thing and instead becoming a horde that can only become a settled faction in Karak Eight-Peaks would be a genius idea, yeah. CA is missing an opportunity by not hiring you.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Honestly $8 isn’t bad for this, wasn’t the grim and the grave more expensive?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zore posted:

Hey Grim and the Grave had real different campaign mechanics.

Of the new lords being real bad and lovely compared to the relatively good base lords.

I still can't believe Helman Ghorst was considered DLC material.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Belegar losing his upkeep thing and instead becoming a horde that can only become a settled faction in Karak Eight-Peaks would be a genius idea, yeah. CA is missing an opportunity by not hiring you.

Also elves should have the worst stats in the game and should constantly be getting shot/hit with hammers

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Also Dwarves should have the worst stats in the game and should constantly be getting shot/hit with hammers

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Whats up with all this wazzock talk eh? Y'all need the ancestor gods!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So it's weird the Helfs aren't getting a generic Lord this time, especially when they could just make that one White Lion guy an official thing and also why not throw us a bone and add lion chariots too?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Regiments of Renown are good but I may skip this dlc; the lords don't do much for me, it's just that I don't like elves!!

Also I am lying, if the HE lord can summon/recruit tree men that's a huge plus as the wood elf dlc is the only one I skipped for TWW1.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

listen here you knife-eared piece of shi-

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Not buying this dog poo poo dlc but at least I can play chaos and tretch and dark elves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
How are people so upset about this DLC that has a very reasonable amount of content for the price? I really feel like I've missed something