Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I bet the peeing scene in Beyond could change your mind or at least provoke a more “truth is in the middle” stance on urination.
A wide stance, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed. It's a trend I'm not loving. Most of these could be covered in a normal feature length time.

Netflix is making a 10 hour documentary on Michael Jordan. Pretty insane how long these are getting.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I would watch the poo poo out of that. Jordan was a titan of my youth, bigger than Tyson, and the Tyson doc was loving amazing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fishtobaskets posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of that. Jordan was a titan of my youth, bigger than Tyson, and the Tyson doc was loving amazing.

Which Tyson doc?

And the Jordan doc is an ESPN 30 for 30 too, so it should be pretty good.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

Which Tyson doc?

And the Jordan doc is an ESPN 30 for 30 too, so it should be pretty good.

The 2008 documentary where it's just us and Mike and breathing.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I see that Baywatch is on Prime. Is it even entertaining or worth watching? Do they play it straight or is it a movie that doesn't try to take itself seriously at all?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Neither. It's just bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

fishtobaskets posted:

Thing is, I honestly don't think Jordan is that interesting to sustain a 10 hour documentary unless it's just a 10 hour doc of him playing ball.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Thing is, I honestly don't think Jordan is that interesting to sustain a 10 hour documentary unless it's just a 10 hour doc of him playing ball.

I wonder if they'll delve into his professional & interpersonal relationships. I hear he's a bit of a cruel narcissist, or was in the past. A retrospective that fleshed him out as a complex human, rather than a paragon, would be interesting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If it was a solid 10 hour block of Jordan being a shrewd, thorny rear end in a top hat (which he was and is), I'm in. If it tries to present him as someone not contentious in any way, hard pass.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I grew up during the height of the Jordan era so I'd be happy with a 10 hour well-made doc that just touches on all of his best moments on the basketball court. Anything else would just be a bonus.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

A 10 hour critical analysis of the Michael Jordan Hitler mustache commercial.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Then a sequel focusing on his giant pants.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Really hoping Netflix turns into a giant troll and it's a 10 hour documentary on his baseball career.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If it was a solid 10 hour block of Jordan being a shrewd, thorny rear end in a top hat (which he was and is), I'm in. If it tries to present him as someone not contentious in any way, hard pass.

I don't think most people see Jordan as anything but a god, so it would definitely attract eyeballs if they gave him a fair and thorough portrayal. If it's ten hours of blowing smoke then it might not be as important to anyone but people my age and older, for whom Jordan as a concept was possibly one of the most important aspect of the 90s, regardless of whether or not you even liked basketball.

Basebf555 posted:

I grew up during the height of the Jordan era so I'd be happy with a 10 hour well-made doc that just touches on all of his best moments on the basketball court. Anything else would just be a bonus.

Yeah, like this.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Sand Monster posted:

I see that Baywatch is on Prime. Is it even entertaining or worth watching? Do they play it straight or is it a movie that doesn't try to take itself seriously at all?

It's real bad. Don't waste your time.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

It's actually just Space Jam played 6.82 times.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mysterious frankie posted:

I wonder if they'll delve into his professional & interpersonal relationships. I hear he's a bit of a cruel narcissist, or was in the past. A retrospective that fleshed him out as a complex human, rather than a paragon, would be interesting.

He completely broke Kwame Brown, for one thing

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Kwame Brown was poo poo regardless, but yes he did not deserve to be berated and called homophobic slurs by 40 year old Michael Jordan.

At 40 Jordan was considered mostly washed up but he was still putting up like 20something points a game. He could probably go out there today at 55 and average a double-double.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Baywatch isn't THAT bad, it's a dumb comedy but the four main characters are really good looking and there's some jokes. But mainly dat Daddario doe :swoon:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'll say it whenever i rewatch it, Ozark is breaking bad but good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

tweet my meat posted:

I'll say it whenever i rewatch it, Ozark is breaking bad but good.

I loved Breaking Bad, but Ozark avoids what turned me off it mid-season one- at no point does the main character turn down the smart option out of pride and make me cringe so hard I turn it off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I loved Breaking Bad, but Ozark avoids what turned me off it mid-season one- at no point does the main character turn down the smart option out of pride and make me cringe so hard I turn it off.

That’s... the entire point of Breaking Bad though? :confused:

Walt’s hubris is the driving force of the entire show, and without it season 1 would be a three episode arc of a man who slowly dies.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s... the entire point of Breaking Bad though? :confused:

Walt’s hubris is the driving force of the entire show, and without it season 1 would be a three episode arc of a man who slowly dies.

Well, they did say they realized they didn't like it a few episodes in. It's not like they watched it for three years and then realized that Walt is prideful.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The family dynamic is also miles above what breaking bad achieved in all their seasons. The wife isn't treated as some albatross around our male hero's neck, she's his partner in life for better or worse. I actually love the scenes where they argue in Ozark whereas they were a chore to sit through in breaking bad.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ozark is a shameful BB ripoff with lame characters. Avoid

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

sponges posted:

What? No. Ozark is about a man running from the mob while also trying to one-over them. Breaking Bad is about a psychopath who didn't know he was a psychopath until he was pushed to the limits of what a familyman normally has to handle. Also, BB is great, but Ozark is damned good.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think both shows are great in their own right, I just like to start with some hyperbole to drum up some conversation. Go watch Ozark it's good.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

sponges posted:

It's not like BB pioneered "Ordinary guy does crime" which is really the only similarity.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah the shows are very similar in concept, but wildly different in how they choose to explore the concept.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I mean, Ozark does have Laura Linney, right? So I suppose I should give it a chance.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ozark was great, I'm pumped for S2.

Did Sneaky Pete S2 end up good? I heard mixed things...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ozark: There was a lot I didn't buy about his kinda-sidekick's motivations, but she's bonded with the family now, so I'll probably like her more in S2.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
His kinda sidekick had my favorite arc in the season as well as her kinda uncle.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yo aggretsuko is badass man.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Yo aggretsuko is badass man.

YOU'RE A lovely BOSS~!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Basebf555 posted:

Kwame Brown was poo poo regardless, but yes he did not deserve to be berated and called homophobic slurs by 40 year old Michael Jordan.

At 40 Jordan was considered mostly washed up but he was still putting up like 20something points a game. He could probably go out there today at 55 and average a double-double.

He never averaged a double double in the first place so I doubt it

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Vice: What the hell is this? Discount Westworld without costumes?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The setting might be my favorite part of Ozark. What an interesting, beautiful, and peculiar part of the country.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The perfect Michael Jordan documentary already exists. It’s called Space Jam.