Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

sheep-dodger posted:

Can I just say that I hate when cartoons dress Haspel up like she was a Domme in a bdsm scene? Because holy poo poo, those two things aren't even remotely the same.
Also: while I'm thinking about Haspel: gently caress every piece of poo poo democratic senator that votes for her, those guys are bottom tier garbage.

I assumed it was a reference to Ilsa: She-Wolf of the SS.

Really? Of all the threats to the Trump presidency, you think “McCain smear” is going to destroy him? Trump mocked McCain for being captured years ago and still got elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I'm with the shrieking dude on this one. What's the fun of a playground where you can't hurt yourself idiotically?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The usual suspects gunning hard for a gaybie over this.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Lester has like, all the hallmarks of a classic bad cartoon.

Ghoulish opinion, blatant lies, and nonsensical art (seriously, it looks like the protesters DEATH TERRORISTS are running into a gap in the fence).

gently caress Lester forever.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I Regret To Inform You That Madigan Is Still Bad

To Allie's credit, I like the subtle metaphor here, but it only works if you believe that Illinois is just HEMORRHAGING citizens.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Need someone to "I don't feel so good" Allie here

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm with the shrieking dude on this one. What's the fun of a playground where you can't hurt yourself idiotically?

Not mentioned: The metal slide that turns into a frying pan on any sunny day.

Back in dinosaur times when I was a kid, the architect Bob Leathers came to my town, and under his guidance a band of volunteers spent a week building a massive wooden castle playground in our local park. It was the most awesome thing ever, with slides and tunnels and crawlspaces and little hidey holes and ladders and towers and bridges and everything. But since it was wood, it was also a pain in the rear end to maintain, and of course it didn't really meet modern safety standards. So the town eventually pulled it down a couple decades later and put a modern plastic playground in its place. Not to knock modern playgrounds -- my daughter and I have had a lot of fun on them -- but sometimes I wish I could've taken her to that old castle.

tl;dr: I'm old.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

:thermidor:

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Selachian posted:

Back in dinosaur times when I was a kid, the architect Bob Leathers came to my town, and under his guidance a band of volunteers spent a week building a massive wooden castle playground in our local park. It was the most awesome thing ever, with slides and tunnels and crawlspaces and little hidey holes and ladders and towers and bridges and everything. But since it was wood, it was also a pain in the rear end to maintain, and of course it didn't really meet modern safety standards. So the town eventually pulled it down a couple decades later and put a modern plastic playground in its place. Not to knock modern playgrounds -- my daughter and I have had a lot of fun on them -- but sometimes I wish I could've taken her to that old castle.

Yessss... Had a wood fortress with a tower in the middle with an unguarded metal ladder, rope-chain bridges, climbing webbing up it's sides, and long slides with a bump in the middle that give you air. Half the fun was the drama of who who get hurt and how. Falls, pinches, limbs bent backwards, tailbone crushing... had it all. Playgrounds should challenge you or they're pointless.

edit: Obs irrelevant now as kids don't go outside anymore.

Preen Dog fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 17, 2018

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Who did Madigan kill to get Property Tax Appeal Business?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

How does it feel to care more about the strip's continuity than the artist who actually makes the strip?

Gotta have hobbies. :(

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

As bad as Branco is, Lester was loving robbed in the bracket.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

And he put a literal child right up front.

Hundreds of thousands of years from now some future civilization is going to thrilled to fine a perfectly preserved body of a 21st century man because Lester will die so full of toxic bile the worms will refuse to recycle him back into the dirt.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Pants Donkey posted:

To Allie's credit, I like the subtle metaphor here, but it only works if you believe that Illinois is just HEMORRHAGING citizens.
You know I gotta side with Allie here. Not knowing anything about the situation but what Allie is saying it seems this "Madigan" guy has WAY too much power! Maybe create an office above him? I'm assuming he's governor right? I'll just take a long sip of water while I wait for an answer.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Selachian posted:

Ditto. We used to have a multi-level wooden monstrosity you could pretend was a huge pirate ship.

Now no one even remembers it ever existed :(

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

"Rush, why are you trying to talk to me? I don't like you. Nobody does. You act more like a smug 60-year-old than a kid."

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

This is vile on so many levels, but you've got to appreciate how insidious the talking points are that Lester manages to cram into a single picture.

*The protesters are armed and crazy
*The protesters are the cause of their own deaths
*The real live Israeli soldiers that pull their triggers to snipe another child are magically erased from the scene, replaced with an impersonal fence that is harmless unless you willfully run into it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The Duchess of Cambridge, washing the dishes as a put-upon obedient housewife.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm surprised that Kelly even cares about the other royals.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Statue of Liberty, watching over the prince and princess. Perfect.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I wish for an edit where it's big ben crying in the window.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm surprised that Kelly even cares about the other royals.
I'm surprised he didn't make it real obvious that Kelly just thinks there's a hotter princess involved.

Pants Donkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mw49mk_x0
Pick Up Ya Fuckin Garbage Gem
Make Sure Your Kids Don't Get Run Over By Some Hardon Gem
etc

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A picture of Princess Di crying :lol:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Having the Statue of Liberty in that killed me

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Because I'm a sexual predator."

Selachian posted:

Yeah we had one too. I had forgotten all about it until you posted this. Looking it up, it was made by Leathers and Associates with volunteers working on it and was torn down in the mid-90s. I never knew the backstory to it until now. It was just this amazing playground my friend's dad used to drive us to play on every once in a while.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I literally laughed out loud at this one. Truly a master of his craft! (Unlike that no-good upstart Ward Sutton.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Schpyder posted:

As bad as Branco is, Lester was loving robbed in the bracket.

Now hang on has Branco made a cartoon about this yet?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now hang on has Branco made a cartoon about this yet?

Somehow less hateful than Lester

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Erenthal posted:

This is vile on so many levels, but you've got to appreciate how insidious the talking points are that Lester manages to cram into a single picture.

*The protesters are armed and crazy
*The protesters are the cause of their own deaths
*The real live Israeli soldiers that pull their triggers to snipe another child are magically erased from the scene, replaced with an impersonal fence that is harmless unless you willfully run into it

So apparently, Lester's defense is some 19-year old Palestinian made a kite with a swastika that's "designed to catch fire" - presumably, because it's constructed of such dangerous materials as "cloth" or "paper". And of course, instead of linking directly to the story, he gates it through newsbusters.org, so they can drop sick burns like "taxpayer-funded NPR", and kinda-sorta neglect to inform that this interview happened after the attack.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Jay Rust posted:

Nice label Branco, the cartoon would have been very hard to decipher without it

Kirschen posted:

Shavuot 2018 will begin in the evening of Saturday, May 19 and ends in the evening of Sunday, May 20.
Shavuot (The Festival of Weeks) is celebrated after the counting of a week of weeks (49 days) from Passover. It is one of the three Jewish pilgrimage holidays. Shavuot commemorates the giving of the Law on Mt. Sinai to the newly freed Israelites after their exodus from slavery in Egypt.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Can't believe those Democrats who blame this all on Israel, Democrats such as, um

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jay Rust posted:

About what I'd expect - not nearly as abhorrent, but three times as dumb.

Peanuts getting a workout this week.

Dragon Energy!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

hmm yes, i'm sure he's very committed to this idea

also i love the dismissive attitude towards any complaint from minorities about representation, and as soon as he perceives being disadvantaged by a supposedly more influential ethnicity he wants to literally exterminate them

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 17, 2018

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

So apparently, Lester's defense is some 19-year old Palestinian made a kite with a swastika that's "designed to catch fire" - presumably, because it's constructed of such dangerous materials as "cloth" or "paper". And of course, instead of linking directly to the story, he gates it through newsbusters.org, so they can drop sick burns like "taxpayer-funded NPR", and kinda-sorta neglect to inform that this interview happened after the attack.
I'm starting to think Lester and people like him might be a tad disingenuous.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/jdcrouch2/status/997192058594054144

Why would the USO have service members interact with Ramirez?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I actually wonder what the single most over-represented group is - where by that I define it as the ratio of [percentage population of students]:[percentage population of Americans], and probably also adjusted for an age bracket of 18-35 or something. I would be surprised if the old stereotype was correct. It might even be "women" in higher education because going any more granular gives you less of the disproportionate overpopulation.

That might be fun data to play with. Thanks for the future idea, internet Nazi!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Nice!

:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on recent dialogue between US and North Korea – Donald Trump is still ready to meet Kim Jong-un, despite a statement from Pyongyang that it was not interested in discussing ‘one-sided’ demands"

Telegraph:

Independent:

State takes back control of east coast mainline After the LNER.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... the Royal Wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sandpuppy posted:

Dragon Energy!

A bit late there. I don't even remember which cartoonists drew the exact same thing a few weeks ago.