Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Respawn is being forced to make a Star Wars game which will probably bomb because Star Wars is a dead series now so Respawn will be thrown into the meat grinder with all the other developers EA betrayed and murdered and Titanfall 3 probably won't happen.

as someone who will shamelessly buy any AAA Star Wars game I wish them much success making a game that’s actually fun to play so that DICE can go back to learning how to make a menu interface that doesn’t make players suicidal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

as someone who will shamelessly buy any AAA Star Wars game I wish them much success making a game that’s actually fun to play so that DICE can go back to learning how to make a menu interface that doesn’t make players suicidal

haha

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*ark of the covenant gif except every time the camera cuts there’s 5-10 seconds of loading*

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao see this thread again in a year

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What the gently caress

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao see this thread again in a year

This is the last CoD game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

i think i've only played COD singleplayer when there's an internet outage or the game is downloading in the background

Blops 3s campaign eventually became a wierd ghost in the shell/inception mindjacking story and that was cool to see, sad they arent continuing in that vein.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BLOPS3 is the only campaign I've played and it's pretty rad

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Blops 3s campaign eventually became a wierd ghost in the shell/inception mindjacking story and that was cool to see, sad they arent continuing in that vein.

all the black ops campaigns at least tried to do something interesting; the first one had a pretty solid Cold War Manchurian Candidate thing, and even though 2 wasn’t as good they deserve some credit for making the plot actually change depending on whether or not you completed certain mission objectives

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

AW and IW campaigns were good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Battle royale mode confirmed, no campaign confirmed, lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I’m pretty sure all the usual suspects are gonna be grouping up on Discord to play this anyway for a solid couple of weeks at least.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus christ

"NO double jumps or any of that dumb boosting poo poo!!" making the crowd go ape was heart breaking tbh. whats wrong with people

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess Activision has more or less confirmed that they're quitting new releases on Steam. They haven't given a reason, but if I had to wager a guess it's probably because it's a massive poopy dumpster of a service and less people want to release a game only to have it buried in a flood of Newgrounds asset flips and hentai RPGmaker stuff and flavor-of-the-hour meme simulator games. It kind of sucks because Blizzard's services and community are awful and only people who buy Blizzard games deserve to have it inflicted on them, but at the same time it's good to see more and more companies splitting from Valve.

Yeah its great to see a bunch of devs splitting from valve so there can be 500 lovely game launcher services instead of 8 lovely game launching services

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I remember Jeff of Giant Bomb describing it and it sounded interesting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think theyre trying to make cod compete with csgo which is loving retarded lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i think theyre trying to make cod compete with csgo which is loving retarded lol

Yeah, but also with Overwatch and Battlefield and PUBG and Fortnite

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I’m pretty sure all the usual suspects are gonna be grouping up on Discord to play this anyway for a solid couple of weeks at least.

drat, i gotta get on the impscord

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess Activision has more or less confirmed that they're quitting new releases on Steam. They haven't given a reason, but if I had to wager a guess it's probably because it's a massive poopy dumpster of a service and less people want to release a game only to have it buried in a flood of Newgrounds asset flips and hentai RPGmaker stuff and flavor-of-the-hour meme simulator games. It kind of sucks because Blizzard's services and community are awful and only people who buy Blizzard games deserve to have it inflicted on them, but at the same time it's good to see more and more companies splitting from Valve.

I can see this argument for mid-tier indie developers, but Activision games aren’t getting buried by anything on steam.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Yeah its great to see a bunch of devs splitting from valve so there can be 500 lovely game launcher services instead of 8 lovely game launching services

Yeah this too. I already have like 5 of these dumb things on my pc I really don’t want more.

What we need now is a service that tied into each stupid downloading platform like how gimp/pidgin used to with AIM/ICQ/etc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Titanfall 2 is on sale for $6 on PSN this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A steal.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Everyone buy this, now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Everyone buy this, now

Im gonna buy it and then try to use mouse and keyboard controls to get an unfair advantage online.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

On Page 2 of Bob's post history in this thread, he is tempted to return to Black Ops III because they added fluorescent boxing gloves, but ultimately resists the urge because quote, Overwatch cured his soul.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
titanfall seems like itd be way slower and lovely on a controller.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is compared to PC but there are actually people playing and the dash/hop/zipline stuff still feels great

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Anyone playing rainbow 6 siege lately

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So if I and Synthy did the Black Ops III (PS4) co op campaign, who else would join? We need two more for a full group.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol im down if you need more people

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m down, haven’t played it since it launched so it’ll all be kind of fresh for me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Well you guys might wanna start installing it ASAP since it's like a hundred plus gigs or w/e.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well you guys might wanna start installing it ASAP since it's like a hundred plus gigs or w/e.

Halfway done

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cool I should be done by midnight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

6 mins left, psn: gordy104

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NExo6ANKAQU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

its that time of the year again. ps4 beta’s up, come see how bad the new game sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the pubg mode in it or is just tdm

• Locked thread