Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Honestly Baron Von Ghoulosh sounds like a good name for a Ghost vocalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowy posted:

I like to play “spot the out of place patch” at shows. You’ll see dudes covered in thrash patches or whatever but there’s often just one Alice In Chains or Doors patch hidden in there somewhere.

I'm gonna put my Boston patch right next to the Cattle Decapitation patch.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

i've been on a real metalpunk kick lately, listened to these this morning before work

war pigs - degeneration
on paper mixing hardcore and black sabbath is as worn out an idea as one can be, but these guys are special in that they don't sound like sludge at all. more like cro-mags playing sabbath covers i guess? reminds me of carnivore, too. great stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdFVVeoN68

the boneless ones
forgotten crossover gem from the 80s, slayer meets gang green. songs are about SATAN, beer, skateboarding or curiously jason from friday the 13th.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiIXZ2DMks

the accused - return of martha splatterhead
splatterpunk! you guys probably know this band. great, chaotic crossover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wym-w3FmXtU

siege - drop dead
the first american grindcore band? one of my favs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7WPliaSag

Hell yeah, these all rip. ...what the heck, I didn't know Seth Putnam was ever in Siege

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I had to miss a Siege show recently and I’m still bummed out about it :smith:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

COOL CORN posted:

If you like KISS and ABBA, you're going to loving love the Ghost single coming out tomorrow.

I say that as a good thing

edit-- gonna put a ghost patch on my vest i think

This song owns in the cheesiest way possible.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008
Some pseudonymous dudes are putting out a new podcast about mostly stoner/doom metal - https://soundcloud.com/user-758985205/sets/podcast , though I hear they have plans for episodes on Autopsy and any other metal bands with a strong affinity for cannabis.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh while we talkin podcasts, the next guest on None So Viral is Wilderun, as far as I know we are having the frontman and possibly other members of the band on so should be a good time.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nazzadan posted:

Oh while we talkin podcasts, the next guest on None So Viral is Wilderun, as far as I know we are having the frontman and possibly other members of the band on so should be a good time.

I don’t know what any of this is but I’ll check it out

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

firebad57 posted:

Some pseudonymous dudes are putting out a new podcast about mostly stoner/doom metal - https://soundcloud.com/user-758985205/sets/podcast , though I hear they have plans for episodes on Autopsy and any other metal bands with a strong affinity for cannabis.

Are you by any chance involved in this podcast because I saw you advertising it on reddit too

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

Are you by any chance involved in this podcast because I saw you advertising it on reddit too

The people making the podcast are remaining pseudonymous, because of job things and making a podcast about weed.

edit: but if people are put off because it seems like I'm pimping a personal project, I'm happy to do things differently/back off.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It's a little tough to listen to the voice changer sound for that long but so far it's cool.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I thought y'all were joking about your patches but I'm proud of you guys for eschewing traditional gender roles and learning how to cross stitch.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

It's badass to go to a war metal show and there's like a minimum of 6 huge muscular dudes with nsbm and ross bay patches.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I still can't get into the new vocalist, Cardinal Copia. Papa Emeritus II did it best!

Agreed. III was good but II was supreme pontiff Papa.

I like that they're doing new and fun things but it's not my cup of tea.

This thread is inspiring me to sew on a couple patches (cattle decapitation, venomous maximus) I've had sitting on my desk this weekend maybe (doing a major landscaping project, so maybe not) so I can take a picture.

You ever look for a patch for a band, realize it's only available on white supremacist sites, and get really bummed because you never put that together? Sorry Hostium, The Bloodwine Of Satan is a solid album but I'm not buying poo poo from Vanguard Productions.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 18, 2018

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

You ever look for a patch for a band, realize it's only available on white supremacist sites, and get really bummed because you never put that together? Sorry Hostium, The Bloodwine Of Satan is a solid album but I'm not buying poo poo from Vanguard Productions.

Well they did do a split with Svolder and Godless North that was put out by Darker than black, it's not like it was a secret.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently a Tyr concert in Portland is being protested over their support of...whaling

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

A human heart posted:

Well they did do a split with Svolder and Godless North that was put out by Darker than black, it's not like it was a secret.

Yeah I think my own accidental willful ignorance is at least partially at fault. Too caught up in the Satan imagery I guess. Goddamn it.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Apparently a Tyr concert in Portland is being protested over their support of...whaling

They're really great live, and coming to Richmond (playing at a brewery!), but I already have Suicide Commando tickets for that night.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

If you like KISS and ABBA, you're going to loving love the Ghost single coming out tomorrow.

I say that as a good thing

edit-- gonna put a ghost patch on my vest i think

Dance Macabre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRRTBdyYEw0

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

I thought y'all were joking about your patches but I'm proud of you guys for eschewing traditional gender roles and learning how to cross stitch.

I don’t know if it is true or not but Halford taking the whole leather and spikes thing from the gay scene and having it become the norm in the metal scene is hilarious.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
New Amorphis is pretty good. I think they’ve been influenced by touring with Orphaned Labd.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pesmerga posted:

New Amorphis is pretty good. I think they’ve been influenced by touring with Orphaned Labd.

I think it's loving great. They really just took what worked on the last album (which was really good) and turned everything up, particularly the songwriting. Sometimes there's a bit too much in the way of keyboards but I don't think they get as lost in it as say, Therion did on their last album.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

tote up a bags posted:

Cross stitch is the original pixel art.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some Sea Shepherd/other whale huggers managed to get a few of their shows canceled in Germany in 2016.

Other than that, it mostly amounted to Facebook whining.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

:siren: NEW ALKALOID OUT TODAY :siren:

Half way through and it slays.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

owns

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Can’t stop listening and dancing to this very good song

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Vargatron posted:

:siren: NEW ALKALOID OUT TODAY :siren:

Sweet, been looking forward to this one, thanks for the heads up.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
The song is kinda eh but "just wanna bewitch you in the moonlight" is pretty clever as delivered

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Clutch single is out. It's pretty solid, but honestly, what of theirs isn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htSvzWy-WcY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not the Clutch I'm familiar with, they don't repeat the main riff a thousand times, but I like the dirtier sound.

Wanna hear the rest of the album.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Just finished new AtG, whole thing sounds like just worse SOTS so if that's your jam you'll dig it. A few tracks into new Amorphis, loving it. Have only heard their debut other than this so I need to do a discog run of everything in between.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m a little bit into the new Amorphis too and dang this is great. I’ve never listened to their albums a ton but these guys are always consistent and worth listening. The poppy parts are going to get deeply stuck in my head.

e: yeah this isn’t tapering off at all. Listen to this album!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 18, 2018

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

The Kins posted:

New Clutch single is out. It's pretty solid, but honestly, what of theirs isn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htSvzWy-WcY

I think they peaked with Pure Rock Fury/ Blast Tyrant/ Robot Hive/Exodus and have been getting progressively a bit worse on every album since, to the point where I thought Earth Rocker and Psychic Warfare were just about OK but not something I choose to listen to over their old stuff. This sounds a bit better maybe but not enough to give me any hope they've recaptured their former glory.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Vulture Culture posted:

The song is kinda eh but "just wanna bewitch you in the moonlight" is pretty clever as delivered

I feel stupid because I didn't get it the first few listens and was wondering why he was pronouncing it that way. Of course. It wouldn't even make sense as a Ghost song if it was just "be with you."

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Nazzadan posted:

A few tracks into new Amorphis, loving it.

This is the first album I've really listened to since Eclipse. It's great!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"Narcissist" from the new Kataklysm came up on Spotify's Release Radar playlist and it's pretty solid. Looking forward to that. New Skeletonwitch is looking pretty awesome, too.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nail Rat posted:

I feel stupid because I didn't get it the first few listens and was wondering why he was pronouncing it that way. Of course. It wouldn't even make sense as a Ghost song if it was just "be with you."
Yeah, I was very confused on the first listen about why he was singing "be witchu", but a YouTube comment pointed out my mistake.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

il_cornuto posted:

I think they peaked with Pure Rock Fury/ Blast Tyrant/ Robot Hive/Exodus and have been getting progressively a bit worse on every album since

same but with jam room

everything past that is basically the same album with slight differences in production

still a good live band though

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and say that the new Amorphis is really drat good.

I actually wish they had Anneke van Giersbergen along for more than just one song though, she's a great fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg2VqUTNjsw

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feel bad for the pianist they stuffed in the spare room though. I know a lot of people don't think pianos are very metal but he's a part of the band, let him hang with the crew. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Umm, pianos are very metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laTpy0i9J0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z150euDnXfQ