Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Sent a goon squad request as "Ultrafarer". Need those Deadpool shards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Umbra Dubium posted:

Sent a goon squad request as "Ultrafarer". Need those Deadpool shards!

Do you mean actual "Goon Squad"? Because that guild died.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

thrawn527 posted:

Do you mean actual "Goon Squad"? Because that guild died.

Explains the vacant slots, I suppose!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
What’s the current goon guild? Been playing for a few days and I’m level 30ish.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Umbra Dubium posted:

I'm on the Goon Squad.

thrawn527 posted:

You ARE the Goon Squad!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It really was a good name. Too bad it died.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There were several active. "Catman's Shameful Secret" is very active but I think we're full at the moment. Might change soon, who knows.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There are several. Join the discord and ask around in recruitment

https://discordapp.com/invite/tneWgZy

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Does someone active have leadership of the original goon squad? If so, why not fill it back up with latecomers?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Here’s a blitz walkthrough I posted somewhere else that you guys might find helpful:

This is for multi-day blitzes that I want to be in the top 500:

When blitz starts, I will have 500 charges plus the 100 daily reward plus 240 or whatever from Thursday challenge if it’s starting on Thursday.

Tier 1- Three minions with 42 power, two minions at 100ish power. I use two of the hydra blasters, but any damage dealer is fine. They’ll oneshot each opponent in tier 1. I use this team four times, cost is 75 charges total.

Tier 2- Same thing but two 400ish power units. I use JJ and another blaster minion but again it’s flexible. Four fights, 75 charges.

Tier 3- Same thing but 1000ish power. Depending on available opponents, I may not use this team for the final tier 3 fight.

Tiers 4-7 I start with a team of 2k ish units for a few fights, then a team of 3-5k, then my C team which is 6-7k units, B team which is 8-10k, A team which is 86k total.

I do all of that at the start. Last night for example I ended up at tier 7.5 and just over 100k points. I used around 400 charges, but then claimed my daily and did the challenge and am sitting on 400 charges.

Today I will do three free fights with each of my top 3 teams. I will also do three fights at 25 cost with my A team when I’m at tier 8. Any time I am at tier 8.75, I will throw in a random low power team and lose intentionally to restart tier 8 since it’s the highest tier available and the more you win the harder it gets, despite staying at 4x multiplier.

Saturday is the same as Friday. 9 free fights, 3 fights with A team at 25 charges each.

Sunday I’ll do the same free fights, plus I will do additional fights with my A team at 50 energy per fight. I will also probably do some B team fights at 25 cost since the points per charge is better than doing 100 cost fights with my A team.

Doing this last week I was over 600k points without spending any premium cores. Everyones roster is different so listing my team comps probably wouldn’t be helpful. The important thing is having balanced teams and knowing what opponents you need to avoid with each team.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh hey, I found the thread.

This is a fun and addicting game. I wish the whaling options were better. 50 Night Nurse shards would be a lot more tempting at $20 than $35.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

Suprfli6 posted:

Doing this last week I was over 600k points without spending any premium cores. Everyones roster is different so listing my team comps probably wouldn’t be helpful. The important thing is having balanced teams and knowing what opponents you need to avoid with each team.

What placement did you end up with for 600k?

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh hey, I found the thread.

This is a fun and addicting game. I wish the whaling options were better. 50 Night Nurse shards would be a lot more tempting at $20 than $35.

I would drop $10 for so many characters I haven't unlocked/ranked up but every offer I see is like $60 for some gold or some poo poo.

On the other hand I haven't spent a cent and I'm almost max level so it works out alright.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Everyone log in to get 1k chimichaungas.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm only ten skullpoopl sharts away, I'm ready as can be

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

OxMan posted:

So I guess That's no Goon is dead. Any goon alliances have room? I'm 55 strongest team like 60k. I play daily but don't hit the 600 cap on days i work usually cause i work 12 hour days. Ill mooch raids without having the time to contribute sometimes. Not on discord but do chat in chat.

Eh? Come on...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Roshambo posted:

What placement did you end up with for 600k?

I was 535 for that one, missed top 500 by like 4000 points. One more battle would have gotten it easily but I missed a few free battles that weekend. I was 400ish for Dr. Strange and could have gotten BW pretty easily if I knew wtf I was doing then.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

OxMan posted:

Eh? Come on...

At this point, most of the alliances recruit via discord. I recommend grabbing the app. You don't need to be on all the time, but it's handy to pop in now and then. Also most alliances are full and some of the casual alliances died so it's harder to find space if you're a casual player.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 19, 2018

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Anybody got the recent tier list on hand? Googling just gives me the one from launch.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

HebrewMagic posted:

Anybody got the recent tier list on hand? Googling just gives me the one from launch.

Had to bookmark this for this very reason!

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
There was another really good tier list that I've since lost that was a Google doc that they kept updated?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tonybing has been doing reviews of characters on YouTube. He's been giving them a tier list ranking at the end.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

Tonybing has been doing reviews of characters on YouTube. He's been giving them a tier list ranking at the end.

Some of his ratings have been questionable though imo. I don't think tier lists in general are super useful for this game because of how different the various modes are, plus most of us have pretty different rosters. And you also have to keep in mind whether characters can be starred up easily or not; Kingpin is amazing but mine is only 2* and will probably stay 2* for a while because of how hard his node is, and that severely limits his potential when the rest of my A team is 5* or higher.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zotix posted:

Marvel Heroes guys, back me up here.

Never ever trust a Bing build.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, I'm staying the gently caress away from Bing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

But his calls on units are actually pretty accurate.

King pin doesn't need stars. Not in the way others need stars. You aren't bringing him in for the damage, you are bringing him in for his buffs and overall utility. He still has truckloads of health at 2*.

Even khasinos tier list has some questionable calls in it because it was made by 3 or 4 people on a stream over 10 hours.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Zotix posted:

But his calls on units are actually pretty accurate.

This actually wouldn't surprise me: There's no way to Bing up your builds like there was in Malboro Heatons. He can't spend all of his points on useless levels of survivability because everyone is built the same way.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

Yeah, I'm staying the gently caress away from Bing.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Once you drop down to the simple cesspool of gaming that is the mobile platform, you're right at Bing's sweet spot. I've gotta believe he's very well suited to this arena.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I don't know his history with Marvel Heroes. However, I've looked at his tier ranking for most heroes, and it's right about where the other big names are placing heroes. The big thing with the game is figuring out where each unit is usable.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Got poolboy unlocked today, gonna gear him up real good tomorrow after the cred challenge

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Deadpool event ends tomorrow according to the notice I just got. I may have enough by end of tomorrow to get him but I only started with 66 Deadpool token things so I think I just got unlucky. I hope the events don't rotate this quickly in the future. Most of their playerbase won't be able to unlock him until whenever the next version of this event comes along or if next weekend is also a similar event. Rumor has it it's Cable. It seems so different than the Thanos event.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Huh? My game says the event doesnt end for another 21 days

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I sure hope so. It was a push notification so perhaps it was a bug? It did say Deadpool ends tomorrow though. I originally thought it was about Wolverine but it wasn't. Or I'm dumb.

Edit: I do see in game says 20d so ignore me I guess.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 20, 2018

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

J3ng4 posted:

I sure hope so. It was a push notification so perhaps it was a bug? It did say Deadpool ends tomorrow though. I originally thought it was about Wolverine but it wasn't. Or I'm dumb.

Edit: I do see in game says 20d so ignore me I guess.

The full event goes on for 20 days, but you can only open raids on weekends.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Sinistral posted:

Hopefully we'll be able to gather chimichangas in all future Blitz instead of just Blitz starting Thursdays.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I just fat fingered a gold orb. Rip 450 orbs.

I’m pissed. Those could have gone to farming shards and in new so shards are desperately needed.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Sinistral posted:

That makes sense I must have misread the message then. Still not cool but I guess it forces people into Blitz all week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So does anyone know the secret to when/how/why that little needle on blitz for to 'danger'? Cause I did my first tier 1 fight for orb blitz with a scrub team and the next fight I was getting the danger warning.

• Locked thread