Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

*sigh*. Why don't they just make a Gotham Central show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The original Charmed wasn't high art or anything but holy poo poo does this look laughably terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wswvNZveNHc

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Sense8 finale trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYU8w4ONQVo

Why yes, the background track is a deeply distorted, but very kickass remix of 4 Non Blonde's What's Up. Because of course it is. It's been in every season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Variety posted:

Amazon has given a straight-to-series order to a new drama that hails from executive producer Jordan Peele.

The series is titled “The Hunt” and follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters living in 1977 New York City. The Hunters, as they’re known, have discovered that hundreds of high ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the US. The eclectic team of Hunters will set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans. Amazon has ordered a 10-episode first season.

Completely 100% in for Jordan Peele Presents Let's Kill Nazis

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Chris James 2 posted:

Same, but I can't tell from the premise if that's supposed to be a comedy or 100% serious drama.

So basically how confused I was during the first half or so of Get Out.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Chris James 2 posted:

Jordan Peele is the hero we need. Let's make hating Nazis everyone's popular default position again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Croatoan posted:

Let's make hating Nazis everyone's popular default position again.

Sounds good to me.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/17/racist-lawyer-runs-scared-from-cameras-outside-home/

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl I was thinking of the season one finale as the end of Joan of Arcadia for some reason, where it turns out she has Lyme disease and might just be crazy lmfao

The actual ending is pretty lol too tho

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who have discovered The Twilight Zone on Netflix and um just TOTALLY enjoying the hell out of it. There are so MANY aspects of this show that were just so formative and important for genre television - not just the scripts and the far-out subject matter Serling was compounding/culling into perfect mini-doses of short-form weirdness from years of sci-fi stories in paperbacks and collections. But the cinematography and the production and the acting and the casting.

It also feels... like you're watching the *real original thing*, in a way. You're seeing so many basic tropes you take for granted being established, and its really honestly fascinating.

It's also plain ol' fun to watch. Every new episode is some new venture into weirdness and you really often have no drat clue how Serling will wrap things up, as the show could be so cold or pitch-black in the 'humor' of its endings. Some of them, anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

kaworu posted:

I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who have discovered The Twilight Zone on Netflix and um just TOTALLY enjoying the hell out of it. There are so MANY aspects of this show that were just so formative and important for genre television - not just the scripts and the far-out subject matter Serling was compounding/culling into perfect mini-doses of short-form weirdness from years of sci-fi stories in paperbacks and collections. But the cinematography and the production and the acting and the casting.

It also feels... like you're watching the *real original thing*, in a way. You're seeing so many basic tropes you take for granted being established, and its really honestly fascinating.

It's also plain ol' fun to watch. Every new episode is some new venture into weirdness and you really often have no drat clue how Serling will wrap things up, as the show could be so cold or pitch-black in the 'humor' of its endings. Some of them, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYSidISoDCE

Also one of the top 5 pinball tables of all time is Twilight Zone

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYSidISoDCE

Also one of the top 5 pinball tables of all time is Twilight Zone

That video is really cool.

And the Twilight Zone table owns almost as hard as the Addams Family one. Almost.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
HBO are doing a documentary about Adnan Sayed, subject of SERIAL. They're going to be really shocked when they find out he did it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DrVenkman posted:

HBO are doing a documentary about Adnan Sayed, subject of SERIAL. They're going to be really shocked when they find out he did it.

Yeah but only in the final episode when he admits it unaware that the mic is still on in the bathroom

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

kaworu posted:

If you really want to appreciate Twilight Zone's timelessness even more its worth watching an episode Night Gallery just to see how much poorly a show made just a few years has aged.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"FBi"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am8CMEs3ktI

Missy Peregrym is a garbage tier actress so I'm shocked she got another network gig.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jeremy Sisto will always be Brenda's lovely brother to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Guy Mann posted:

If you really want to appreciate Twilight Zone's timelessness even more its worth watching an episode Night Gallery just to see how much poorly a show made just a few years has aged.

I know what you mean. I catch an episode every once in a while and whether they're good or not they feel like old TV. Meanwhile Twilight Zone stays crisp.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: that's so bad. Why do Christian themed programs have to be so aggressively bad?

I dunno Moral Orel was pretty good

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moral Orel was amazing because you were watching Dino have a breakdown as the series progressed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AceOfFlames posted:

So it's going to be about this super spy badass who because of his social caste is doomed to become the house keeper of this crazy trust fund kid who dresses up as a bat and beats up the poor. Really appropriate for our time.

I think for a while the official explanation for how Alfred entered Bruce Wayne's service was that he had been in the army during the war, then he went on to become an acclaimed Shakespearean actor on the West End, until his father summoned him to his deathbed and said, "Alfred, you are the last Pennyworth, and the Pennyworths have always been a proud line of butlers! You must go to America and find someone with a mansion you can dust!" and he did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nothing nothing nothing NOTHING about this is funny or looks good.

Murphy Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frUxRd9BDg

This looks like they spent $10 on the outdoor set

the Neighborhood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VQQo0kCM8

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Gotham explanation for how it happened was that Thomas Wayne saved Alfred's life after he became a huge fuckup drunk due to PTSD so he feels a debt to the Wayne family that he doesn't think he can repay.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rhyno posted:

The original Charmed wasn't high art or anything but holy poo poo does this look laughably terrible

Just to remind people that the CW passed up on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

ugh it's so blaaaaaaaaand

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Was Clayne crazy or was Damon a diva?

I'm seeing reports that go both ways in twitter, but. Lot of industry folks are saying Clayne is a good dude.

Shame Lethal Weapon is going with Stiffler.

"Jeeze Riggs, you sure look different since your gunshot wound surgery"

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

Nothing nothing nothing NOTHING about this is funny or looks good.

Murphy Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frUxRd9BDg

Staying true to the original then I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, Millennials!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Was Clayne crazy or was Damon a diva?

I'm seeing reports that go both ways in twitter, but. Lot of industry folks are saying Clayne is a good dude.

Shame Lethal Weapon is going with Stiffler.

"Jeeze Riggs, you sure look different since your gunshot wound surgery"

The entire crew seems to have had problems with Clayne and he almost got Wayans killed and did injure him.

muscles like this! posted:

Ugh, Millennials!

Pretty much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

Lol CBS admits the way they killed off the wife in Kevin Can Wait was a big part of the show's decline in ratings.

Of all the loving things to try to recapture with a knockoff, why did they think K-mart King of Queens would get eyeballs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is hilarious and excellent

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/the-cw-fall-2018-schedule-supergirl-charmed-crazy-ex-girlfriend-1201965666/

quote:

The CW May Be Small, But It Will Air More Hours of Scripted Series Than ABC, NBC or Fox Next Season

The CW revealed a 2018-2019 TV schedule on Thursday with 12 hours of original scripted series — which The CW president Mark Pedowitz boasted was more than any other broadcast network except CBS.

“The more programming we have, the better off we are,” said The CW president Mark Pedowitz. “It includes our own cwtv.com, as well as the back end that the studios have on the Netflix arrangement. The affiliates were very much supportive of having another night of programming provided by the CW. It was combination of a multiple of things. We do believe in broadcast, we are growing and we wanted to stake a claim that we can grow while others contract.”

The CW will return to Sunday night with two female-centric shows as counterprogramming to NBC’s NFL football: “Supergirl” and the new version of “Charmed.”

Other new series this fall include “Legacies,” a new extension of the “Vampire Diaries” and “The Originals” universe, and the drama “All American.”

Pedowitz also explained why the potential “Supernatural” spinoff pilot “Wayward Sisters,” which aired as a backdoor pilot on “Supernatural” in January, won’t be going forward. Much to the chagrin of fans, Pedowitz noted that “we are big fans of the characters and the women who played those characters in the series, but we did not feel creatively that the show is where we wanted it to be.”

Pedowitz added that The CW “felt we had a better shot with ‘Legacies,'” its new chapter in “The Vampire Diaries” saga.

The CW will launch its 2018-19 season in October, with premiere dates to be announced later.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oh loving yes...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

The Gotham explanation for how it happened was that Thomas Wayne saved Alfred's life after he became a huge fuckup drunk due to PTSD so he feels a debt to the Wayne family that he doesn't think he can repay.

We really need to have a Joe Chill series so we can really learn what motivated him to be in Crime Alley that night (it'll be revealed that he didn't actually pull the trigger that killed the Waynes, it was a sniper on the roof to frame Chill)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Is the evil cluster gonna be in it?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

zoux posted:

Jeremy Sisto will always be Brenda's lovely brother to me.

The final shot of him and Brenda in the series was perfect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nate fisher posted:

The final shot of him and Brenda in the series was perfect.

Talked her to death

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Marthas — What if Superman’s mom and Batman’s mom were college roommates?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

clown shoes posted:

Marthas — What if Superman’s mom and Batman’s mom were college roommates?

Only if you include an exclamation point.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The new Charmed looks somehow more terrible than the original, and the worst part is I'll watch it anyway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Amazing that next season will be the season with the most content for the network I’ve watched more hours of than any other in a decade yet it will be the first season I will be watching zero of that content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

PriorMarcus posted:

Just to remind people that the CW passed up on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for this.

Is this show set to air anywhere or just a thought tossed around?