Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I mean, it's a site with a for-pay service. You could give them money that way.

If you're in the US, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

thexerox123 posted:

If you're in the US, sure.

I thought that was just Seeso. Is VRV really not international at all?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SpacePig posted:

I thought that was just Seeso. Is VRV really not international at all?

Correct, it's US-only. So, uh, I guess I can't really give them money then.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Give me money, then I'll give it to them.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Good news everyone, season two of MBMBaM is happening and it's all thanks to one guy with a thousand subscriptions.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It doesn’t look like the Mysterious Package Company has anything on its site other than “log in” and “apply”. Are we sure it’s legit?

If it is...it sounds kinda cool, but all the info I can find on it is from like 2015. Did it actually succeed in any way or is it a typical boring startup?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 17, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe the McElroys have advertised for them before, so yeah.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay, so signing up lets you see the prices anddddddddddd the Taako one is way on the reasonable side. Fair warning, this poo poo looks cool but wowee wow wow.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pollyanna posted:

It doesn’t look like the Mysterious Package Company has anything on its site other than “log in” and “apply”. Are we sure it’s legit?

If it is...it sounds kinda cool, but all the info I can find on it is from like 2015. Did it actually succeed in any way or is it a typical boring startup?

I bought someone one a couple years back for a forums Secret Santa and they got their stuff. It took a long rear end time but they seemed to enjoy it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pollyanna posted:

Okay, so signing up lets you see the prices anddddddddddd the Taako one is way on the reasonable side. Fair warning, this poo poo looks cool but wowee wow wow.

yeah, it's multiple physical packages of handcrafted stuff

it's high quality but a gift for someone with much bigger pockets than me

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"Our races are totally safe and legal now"

"I cast immolate"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Correct, it's US-only. So, uh, I guess I can't really give them money then.

Season 1 did eventually come to itunes, though, so there should be that option at some point.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I wanna merch!

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/997213021696151552

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zero One posted:

"Our races are totally safe and legal now"

"I cast immolate"

When Merle sent that dude to hell I choked on laughter so hard that now I have a sore throat

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Not Operator posted:

Good news everyone, season two of MBMBaM is happening and it's all thanks to one guy with a thousand subscriptions.

I mean you spend enough money and suddenly you own vrv and now you can make all the McElroy shows you want

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Morpheus posted:

I mean you spend enough money and suddenly you own vrv and now you can make all the McElroy shows you want

Can they make other shows too?

The McElroy Brothers Will Be In The Expanse

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Awesome, I love TAZ live shows, possibly more than the proper podcast recordings themselves at this point. Hook this to my veins

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

It’s the second half of Petals but AGAIN, light on story and heavy on weird fights/goofs. I loved it

it’s hilarious how broken the boys are now, like every single encounter is one of them just completely wrecking someone’s poo poo

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DoombatINC posted:

When Merle sent that dude to hell I choked on laughter so hard that now I have a sore throat

She said they shouldn't kill people. Merle sent that person directly to the place where people go when they die without killing them. If she didn't want him to do that either, she should have specified.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

misadventurous posted:

It’s the second half of Petals but AGAIN, light on story and heavy on weird fights/goofs. I loved it

it’s hilarious how broken the boys are now, like every single encounter is one of them just completely wrecking someone’s poo poo

Welcome to the postgame, it's sandbox mode.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The live TAZ was hilarious

If VRV does a second season of MBMBaM I will be so happy. The tv show is how I finally got around to giving the podcast a shot weirdly enough

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
This TAZ Live reminded me of a DBZ movie, in that it's a goofy rehash of a popular arc in about 80 minutes.

nael
Sep 10, 2009
I’m finally listenening to The Adventure Zone from the beginning for the first time. I just got to The elevator museum that Griffin included just so he could passive-aggressively defend having elevators in his fantasy podcast.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that plus establishing the plane of thought as an excuse for the constant pop culture references from the party being in-universe are some amazing spite worldbuilding

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4v-aN9Bxi4

The boys are back in town.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

piss
PISS

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

you know, when i watched that earlier i did not fully take in what the cover image represented

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Hey so what's everyone's favorite old MBMBAM episodes? Not episodes with one or two exceptional goofs but like full episodes of goodness. I'll listen to all the back catalog eventually but until then I'd rather not have to sift through the weaker stuff

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Spaghettageddon is a classic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Spaghettageddon is a classic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
noodle up, you unfunny fucks!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Chicken Soup For Boys

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

292 Remain on the Smooth Tip is basically a perfect episode. 262 Where Everybody Flies a Plane has one of my favorite running jokes ever. 259 Birthday Surprise Hole is the one where they don't answer any questions, and it's really cool to just hear them talk.

And of course the 400th one where we get to watch them die a thousand deaths :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Episode 123: Contraband Future Dildos is my favorite episode. It is just banger after banger after banger, leading up to a finale that slays me every time. Almost every sentence from the last ten minutes is peak hilarity.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I'm just straight up listening to the whole thing now (woof these early episodes are rough) but for awhile something that worked well for me was to look for particularly funny titles and topics of discussion and just pick out those episodes

Also, Flapjack Nickelsack and Giant Scott Bakula come to mind as good older ones but that again may be the memorable titles. The former is the one that starts with them listing the hilarious ways Clint has injured himself.

The sponsored episodes (The McElroy Family Fun Hour by Totino's and the MBMBAM Guided Sleep Experience) both hinge on weird gimmicks and are consistently really funny

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The Totino's episode is good if you want something more recent, but it's also not super representative of the show since they're laser-focused on pizza questions.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

SpacePig posted:

The Totino's episode is good if you want something more recent, but it's also not super representative of the show since they're laser-focused on pizza questions.

As laser focused as you can be as you slowly die from a sodium overdose

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wonder if the boys could pull off an extreme restraints episode similar to totinos

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wonder if the boys could pull off an extreme restraints episode similar to totinos

I would literally pay a hundred dollars for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
A whole extreme restraints episode but it’s like that candlenights episode so they can’t cuss or say anything dirty