Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

an adult beverage posted:

We should do a show-related death pool.

I'll take Artie for 2018.

I think we should just do a death pool old school show style. Buy and sell people etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have an idea for a challenge, this thread doesn't ever get closed until she Artie dies. Then we make a new thread the day after

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

We should do a show-related death pool.

I'll take Artie for 2018.

Hasn't this been happening since 2008?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

beep by grandpa posted:

I have an idea for a challenge, this thread doesn't ever get closed until she Artie dies. Then we make a new thread the day after

I'm assuming the "she" is just some random typo, but I'm down for this.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sand Monster posted:

Hasn't this been happening since 2008?

Well I'd say Artie or High Pitch are the next best candidates to die next

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

You know it's going to be someone less expected, like Bobo.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Its really a question of overdose vs heart attack...or a combo of both for Artie.
I dont know, HPE contributes nothing to society so I guess that would be better. Artie will atleast get guilty enough at points to do benefit concerts and things like that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Its really a question of overdose vs heart attack...or a combo of both for Artie.
I dont know, HPE contributes nothing to society so I guess that would be better. Artie will atleast get guilty enough at points to do benefit concerts and things like that.

This is all true, but I don't think anyone here is debating who should go nex, just who's more likely.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Artie will outlive Howard, Robin and anyone in this thread over 30 (which is definitely everyone)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It is his curse that began with his dad whispering the cursed words into his ear. That's when his life changed. He plunges the knife and he won't die. He is cursed. His gorging on food turning his body into a monstrous cavity only fuels him. The cocaine and heroine seem to only inconvenienced him legally. He mysteriously will walk away from a 2019 plane crash. He will outlive all he loves. He will roam the barren earth toiling, gone mad, long having given up trying to die.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

It is his curse that began with his dad whispering the cursed words into his ear. That's when his life changed. He plunges the knife and he won't die. He is cursed. His gorging on food turning his body into a monstrous cavity only fuels him. The cocaine and heroine seem to only inconvenienced him legally. He mysteriously will walk away from a 2019 plane crash. He will outlive all he loves. He will roam the barren earth toiling, gone mad, long having given up trying to die.

Artie: "Look, man, we all owe a death, k? Meth's a great drug if you want to walk the Green Mile in a weekend."

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Jeff the Drunk is also a pretty safe bet.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

The year is 2099. The earth is ravaged from nuclear war, biological weapons, and meteors.

Inside a cave dwells a 500lb noseless Artie Lange and his roommates, Ray & Ben Stern.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

beep by grandpa posted:

This is so true that it hurts to read it.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Artie has been canned.

https://twitter.com/Keiththecop/status/996121900731502592

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lmao forever

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

did he even do 10 shows?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Relistening to 2008 and it's peak Artie that year. He's a terrible actor, a mediocre standup comedian, but he's a phenomenal sidekick on the Howard Stern show. He was born for that... It sucks that his personal demons are part of what make him so good in that role but also what got him off the show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Relistening to 2008 and it's peak Artie that year. He's a terrible actor, a mediocre standup comedian, but he's a phenomenal sidekick on the Howard Stern show. He was born for that... It sucks that his personal demons are part of what make him so good in that role but also what got him off the show.

Yup. But the show has changed too much; without strippers in the studio riding the sybian, he would have a lot less to riff off of.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

You could seriously do a series of predictions on Artie like that Dana Carvey/Tom Brokaw sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7IN1UDWJgY

Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from an apparent drug overdose.
Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from a massive heart attack.
Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from self-inflicted stab wounds.
Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from a long bout with nasal cancer.
Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from gunshot wounds received while buying heroin in a sketchy part of Delaware.
Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from a hit-and-run accident when he was walking to St. Louis one weekend.
Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from being attacked by wolves.

Somehow the guy is still alive.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Former Human posted:

Comedian Artie Lange died today at age 50 from a hit-and-run accident when he was walking to St. Louis one weekend.

:bravo:

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

They don't consult the DA when they book you. The DA saw the amount, used common sense, and chose the charge(s) they could prosecute. He's got a decade's worth of tape about him being a hardcore heroin addict, do you know how easy it'd be for a defense attorney to prove that stuff was for personal use?

"Listen, what do you do for a living?"

....No, seriously, I'm wondering how you know so much about the drug charges, and thanks for clarifying it for the rest of us.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/05/artie-lange-hospitalized-emergency-surgery-dumped-podcast-before-sentencing/

quote:

Lange’s lawyer Frank Arleo exclusively told Radar that the troubled comedian had “surgery for a nasal infection,” and may not be released from the hospital in time for his scheduled hearing.

"Hey Judge, it's me Art... listen, I'm not gonna be in tomorrow for the sentencing..."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Nasal infection? I'm sure the court will be glad to hear about how clean he has gotten...

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
baba booey

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Monday's KOAB bit was actually really good. He is such a dickhead that whole thing turned in to a poo poo show after only a couple of minutes.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yeah Monday was pretty good. It felt like a show from 15 years ago. A longform bit that actually worked, Howard doing his parents complaining about Mother's Day, Fred doing the Jackie laughs during sad parts of the news, and Howard busting Gary's balls over Karate Kid for half an hour.

I love how King of All Blacks bragged about owning three cars, but when they pressed him on what cars they were he admitted his daily driver is a Toyota Avalon, his other car is a Cadillac from 1990, and his wife drives a Honda. When the total value of your three cars is 20 grand you don't have anything to brag about.

During the King of all Blacks Fashion Show I learned that I wear the same pants as Jon Hein and the same watches as Ronnie :eek:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Monday's KOAB bit was actually really good. He is such a dickhead that whole thing turned in to a poo poo show after only a couple of minutes.

It was great. Reminded me of the old days.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I hope KOAB was trolling when he gave Ralph a 10 so that Howard will continue to let Ralph dress him like a douche.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

I love how King of All Blacks bragged about owning three cars, but when they pressed him on what cars they were he admitted his daily driver is a Toyota Avalon, his other car is a Cadillac from 1990, and his wife drives a Honda. When the total value of your three cars is 20 grand you don't have anything to brag about.

That was the best. When he calls in to the show he always talks Porsche and Bentley, but they got him to admit his "three cars" have a combined value less than his watch... which he uses to make fun others who have normal watches. Of course it didn't help that Ronnie was trying to hit him back by saying he has a beater 90s vette and that hilarious Chevy with pace car trim.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
What a phony. The guy used to make fun of Gary because he drove a 3 series BMW.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I bet Ronnie got a beige computer

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
MOEN FAUCETS N*GGA!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

baba booey

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Two Kings posted:

What a phony. The guy used to make fun of Gary because he drove a 3 series BMW.

Making fun of the monkey is always a good deed.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Barbara Booey.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Gary recently traded in his Audi to get a Nissan of all things and King had a good line. "I bet he's saving money because he's gonna get a divorce."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Shitgate is one of my favorite bits from the show. Tim was a legit exec, albeit a horrible one, at a multimillion dollar company and he got exposed in front of the world for one of the worst diarrhea shits ever. Hilarious bit (Tim has never not lied about something) and the fallout was crazy for Tim, like how do you do your job after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Crotch Bat posted:

Shitgate is one of my favorite bits from the show. Tim was a legit exec, albeit a horrible one, at a multimillion dollar company and he got exposed in front of the world for one of the worst diarrhea shits ever. Hilarious bit (Tim has never not lied about something) and the fallout was crazy for Tim, like how do you do your job after that?

Wasn't that crazy poo poo due to some massive drug habit? No one normally sprays like that...