Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

It really does rule. You can even do stuff like force games to go widescreen (not a good idea for some games) and even have the ability to play Triforce arcade games through it.

The force widescreen thing is done where; in USB Loader GX?

Nonviolent J posted:

look up the build of mocha that lets you use the same hdd

Wait, I am using Mocha. I just need to install the newest version and I can have WiiU games, Wii games, and Gamecube games all on the same hard drive without issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Wait, I am using Mocha. I just need to install the newest version and I can have WiiU games, Wii games, and Gamecube games all on the same hard drive without issues?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/playing-loadiine-games-from-hdd-thanks-to-mocha-cfw.460774/

Basically it makes the Wii U think that the usb port is the sd card slot so it won't nag you that the usb device isn't formatted for the Wii U, so you can play games through Loadiine... and as it's just a regular HDD then you can have your Wii/Gamecube games on there too and load them through vWii or USB Loader GX forwarder etc

But if you have the Nintendont forwarder that lets you use the Wii U gamepad it won't work as being able to use gamepad controls on any vWii forwarder disables using any USB devices so it has to be on SD.

What's interesting is that it's a bug, they released a build of Mocha that was unfinished and had this problem but it's actually really useful

Only thing is do you have Haxchi or just Mocha? Because if you have just Mocha and replace it with this one then your sd card won't work because you'll be disabling it everytime you run it, so either get Haxchi or have both versions of Mocha

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Nonviolent J posted:

But if you have the Nintendont forwarder that lets you use the Wii U gamepad it won't work as being able to use gamepad controls on any vWii forwarder disables using any USB devices so it has to be on SD.

This is what I was talking about a while back when asking for a way to launch Nintendont from the Wii U menu (thanks to those who replied).

Is there a forwarder that *doesn't* disable USB and allows you to use your actual GameCube controllers for playing GameCube games?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I've got a hacked 3DS and I've been playing Warioland 2 and I hate having to hold down Start to make sure it boots in original resolution instead of the terrible scaled bullcrap. Is there anything I can install to make it sure it always starts VC games in the original rez? I Googled a bit and didn't see anything.

[Edit: I thought maybe I could use a rom injector because that purportedly is able to boot to original rez automatically but the one game I injected and installed (Metal Gear Solid, not available for purchase through the eShop) doesn't appear to work. I was able to make the GBC border for that game Atomic Purple, though, which is awesome.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 18, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The force widescreen thing is done where; in USB Loader GX?

Is been awhile but, last I used it, it was in Nintendont’s settings.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someones working on DS emulator for the Switch, there's a WIP release out already

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi it's me, the guy who wants to play Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on his Switch

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
why have the DS game like that when you can put it on it's side and have it bigger?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Dizz posted:

why have the DS game like that when you can put it on it's side and have it bigger?

It's probably a work in progress and will have that option in the future is my guess.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dizz posted:

Because you're playing Contra 4 correctly. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2W_L1wFMg

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Infinitum posted:

Hi it's me, the guy who wants to play Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on his Switch

2 hella bad games

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dizz posted:

probably just pulled an existing emulator in-place to do it

hopefully the options include "screens side-by-side but rotated 90 degrees" :allears:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I want GameCube games on my Switch. And GBA games. Hurry up Nintendo (or hackers?)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

2 hella bad games

Sorry you dislike Best Girlfriend

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

LionArcher posted:

I want GameCube games on my Switch. And GBA games. Hurry up Nintendo (or hackers?)

Nintendo ain't doing this. You're in the right thread.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

LionArcher posted:

GBA games are already possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e-egZUUUK4

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Infinitum posted:

Man the Switch really improves the experience of playing those games!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mega64 posted:

It's too bad that testing build will never be improved.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

You literally edited out the part where I said it was a WIP :thumbsup:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The joke is those games are (to some, anyway) not very good and the switch homebrew emulator "improves" on that experience by crashing before the game even begins. That is the joke.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha i get jokes

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Haha, we are laughing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haha this is like being friends.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I was only saying that because they apparently interpreted mega's post as a dumb sarcastic comment when it was obviously a joke on the quality of the DS zelda games

Also as someone who played both of those games and hated them, yes, it was a funny joke

Mega64
May 23, 2008

My posts work on so many levels.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

basement 1
basement 2
etc

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
etc

But not to derail too much, it's pretty cool they've got DS emulation up at a preliminary state. Kinda excited to see the state of homebrew/emulation a month or two from now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah pretty much. Get that screen rotated and it becomes a perfect sized DS emulator.

As you said 1-2 months down the track should see a loooooot of emulators out for this thing.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is this Xecuter SX thing available for purchase soon a good option for emulation but at the same time still having a fully functional Switch? I don't mind dual booting. From reading their FAQ, it sounds like you can't run eShop games with it installed? Then there's the whole getting your console banned by Nintendo which I'm not sure if this thing can get around or not. I wish there was a "for dummies" kind of info dump on stuff like this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Books On Tape posted:

Is this Xecuter SX thing available for purchase soon a good option for emulation but at the same time still having a fully functional Switch? I don't mind dual booting. From reading their FAQ, it sounds like you can't run eShop games with it installed? Then there's the whole getting your console banned by Nintendo which I'm not sure if this thing can get around or not. I wish there was a "for dummies" kind of info dump on stuff like this.

You can't pirate eShop games is what the FAQ states.
You can basically dump the Switch version of a ripped cartridge .iso on and run poo poo straight away.

The 'For Dummies' guide will probably come later once the dust settles a bit and the community agrees on a standard method and the documentation gets good.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how much longer must I wait before i can play the good castlevania's on a portable device Q_Q

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just picked up a DSi XL, can you put CFW on it and if so is there anything cool you can do with it

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just picked up a DSi XL, can you put CFW on it and if so is there anything cool you can do with it

if your DSi XL is on firmware 1.45 or below you can install custom firmware that will let you be able to play all DSiWare games, do some homebrew stuff, do romhacks for the DSiWare games, and re-enable old flashcarts to work on your DSi.

Can't play DS game roms without a flashcart. I don't have a DSi so have no idea how involved this is or if it's really worth doing

http://dsi.cfw.guide/guide/installing-unlaunch/ edit: I changed the link since halfway through the guide goes "yeah this is not finished use this other better guide instead"

edit the second: and you can apparently play DS, GBA, Gameboy (GB, GB Color, and Super Gameboy), and NES roms on a DSi with CFW

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 19, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was there anything worth getting on the DSi? I remember when I was getting into the DS, some guy told me to get a DS Lite instead of a DSi and I'm glad I made that decison for the GBA games I could play.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Cojawfee posted:

Was there anything worth getting on the DSi? I remember when I was getting into the DS, some guy told me to get a DS Lite instead of a DSi and I'm glad I made that decison for the GBA games I could play.

Cave Story had a DSiWare port. So did Shantae: Risky's Revenge and the Plants Vs. Zombies DS game got a DSiWare version. Couple other random things too like Earthworm Jim, and WarioWare: Snapped! edit: Oh also Legend of Zelda: Four Swords GBA got a DsiWare port. Pulling stuff from the list here: http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DSiWare_games and there's a lot of shovelware to sort through.

edit 2: GBA Roms require a GBA Bios which you'll have to find on the internet. Games can't save either unfortunately so GBA stuff isn't perfect.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 19, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also the Sonic collection on DS is made for the DSi and, while it runs on a regular DS, it doesn't do so very well

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There’s some good stuff on DSiware like X-Scape. Everything Nintendo released is worth a look. There’s also some good 3rd party stuff like Mr. Driller and Bomberman.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Just for curiousity sake, was there a tentative release date for Atmosphere or is it just a "when its done and works" kinda deal? I went ahead and blocked updates and need to find a good 3d printable jig.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

Just for curiousity sake, was there a tentative release date for Atmosphere or is it just a "when its done and works" kinda deal? I went ahead and blocked updates and need to find a good 3d printable jig.

SciresM gave a target release date of June 15th, but it isn't guaranteed and in the end is "when it's done it's done"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm guessing it's a "when it mostly does what it is supposed to do but might not work all the time" thing.