Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

PancakeTransmission posted:

Same, but I haven't bought SB. Do the 3.x patch MSQ give out experience? If I can do them now without missing out on experience (locked to 60 with no XP gain until I buy SB), that would be nice, but if they'll give out XP i'll play with some other classes until I'm ready to buy SB.

They do. That's the reason why I bought SB to begin with. I tried leveling an alt for a few days but really wasn't feeling it. Fortunately SB went on sale around that time so I was able to grab it and go back to leveling my main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Man the Kojin bloodsworn emote owns, I'm charging my chakras and poo poo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Going to be so mad if tachi enpi still breaks combos after the patch. It is the only thing that irritates me about the job.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Failboattootoot posted:

Going to be so mad if tachi enpi still breaks combos after the patch. It is the only thing that irritates me about the job.

3/8 of the time using Tachi + Enhanced Enpi doesn't break your combo because you are between combos! :pseudo:

krel
Oct 24, 2006

Manny being Manny

Mister Olympus posted:

You're forgetting how much of the tether passing netcode improved pre/post 3.2; compare the Pepsiman experience with Sephirot, everyone I knew was astounded at how suddenly they seemed to have figured out the netcode.

Passing mechanics were so bad sometimes that all you could do is sit back and laugh at your misfortune. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjspW3tTJY0

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Patch notes (Prelim) is up.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d4eebd1f55c0f4765d5de3257a29dc6ae1cac004

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Somebody is really angry nobody is playing Verminion.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Oh man I forgot about the Greed only alliance raids change, that sucks.

Kinda underwhelming patch tbh but I guess that’s what happens when half of it is being rolled out later.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hunter Noventa posted:

Somebody is really angry nobody is playing Verminion.

where is my loving ishgard housing yoship???

e: welp

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I don't use the duty recorder so I don't care, but this seems like a random change.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Glad those Eureka challenge logs entries are coming with this patch and not the next Eureka. Might actually dip back in and try to catch up now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sole Survivor better.

Still no one will cast it because it's not damage.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm annoyed that they didn't increase glamour dresser or plate capacity.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Didn't make Lupin the third beastmen tribe, 0/10 patch please uninstall

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

quote:

Players are now able to perform the following actions while in inn rooms:

Synthesize
Repair
Dye
Cast Glamour
Materia Assimilating
Retrieve Materia

Patch of the Year.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

gently caress's sake, those bastards added the monk/sam enmity down to Purification and Merciful Eyes. :downs:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It's here (soon)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

Didn't make Lupin the third beastmen tribe, 0/10 patch please uninstall

Have you seen the Namazu mikoshi yet?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Klades posted:

You say that like using the backstep wouldn't be a bigger dps loss than either of those other two options.
Of the three choices you present, if it's a "when you use ability you get enmity reduction" type move I'll gladly take it as an addon to Meditate, but it'll probably be the backstep.

Ha ha nevermind.
Yeah this does not change how often I'm going to use merciful eyes at all, what junk.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I mean, on the upside if you happen to pull hate you can just keep using Merciful Eyes until you don't have hate.

On the downside, the only case this works in is *you have already pulled hate*.

Meanwhile, ninjas can now sprint while hidden I guess?

E: I can't really complain about several main combo attacks getting +20 potency and Third Eye going to 10% mitigation though, that's good stuff.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 18, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thundarr posted:

I mean, on the upside if you happen to pull hate you can just keep using Merciful Eyes until you don't have hate.

On the downside, the only case this works in is *you have already pulled hate*.

E: I can't really complain about several main combo attacks getting +20 potency and Third Eye going to 10% mitigation though, that's good stuff.

Just keep an eye on your enmity and pop it once or something if you see you're getting too close to the tanks. Missing one Seigan is going to cost you maybe 2 or 3 DPS over the lifetime of a fight, especially as Merciful Eyes doesn't consume any kenki.

Third Eye going to 10% is funny since I was already frequently the last DPS standing after raid busters, along with the two tanks. Now I always will be!

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I'm mostly incredulous about it because I haven't had threat problems with diversion being a thing anyway unless a tank dies, and they go and attach the enmity reduction to the least useful SAM ability. Which doesn't make it any more likely that I'll press it, just less likely that it'll be sensibly pruned in 5.0.

As for the damage increases, well, it's definitely a buff, but it's apparently about a 2% increase so it's hard to feel terribly excited.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Looks closer to 5% potency increase per GCD over 8 GCDs but my math may be weird.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm just excited that AST is going ludicrous speed. Wish they did more than just speed them up though. Pre 50 content is loving awful.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thundarr posted:

Looks closer to 5% potency increase per GCD over 8 GCDs but my math may be weird.

According to the theorycraft folks at The Balance:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I know they said 4.3 was coming in late May, but I wasn't expecting patch notes already. It really felt like time flew by.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
DRK changes are super weird. SE mentions how aware they are that we hate Dark Arts spam, but then they go and add bonuses to Plunge and Power Slash (???). They buff Dark Passenger's potency by 40, but then double the cooldown from 30s to 60s. I can't even begin to understand why they thought we needed Grit to cost less MP, but I guess I'll take it? At least Shadow Wall and Dark Mind got huge buffs, and Sole Survivor is even more free MP.

Where the gently caress are my mannequins?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who constantly forgets to use Sole Survivor

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

DRK changes are super weird. SE mentions how aware they are that we hate Dark Arts spam, but then they go and add bonuses to Plunge and Power Slash (???). They buff Dark Passenger's potency by 40, but then double the cooldown from 30s to 60s. I can't even begin to understand why they thought we needed Grit to cost less MP, but I guess I'll take it? At least Shadow Wall and Dark Mind got huge buffs, and Sole Survivor is even more free MP.

Where the gently caress are my mannequins?

Well...

Power Slash already had a DA bonus which was a bunch of extra enmity. It's now just less of a DPS loss when you do it. The plunge one seems like it might be clunky but it's still the standard +140 so the main time you'll probably use it is on pull for a good threat starter.
Dark Passenger's cooldown change is a little odd, but at least using it is no longer an outright mistake most of the time since the cost/potency ratio is the same as most DA usages.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Time for silly and dumb plot predictions by your friendly neighbourhood skullcrusher:

SE loves playing voice clips out of context in their trailers, so I'm going to assume Yotsuyu isn't rambling "I'm sorry" because she got her memories back, but because she did something really dumb - and I'm going to say it's summoning a primal because her jackass brother hid crystals in her mirror. I'm also going to assume Gosetsu dies before this happens so she's sufficiently traumatized. So Yotsuyu is going to summon a primal... and it's going to be Primal Gosetsu, akin to Enkidu and Ge Bu's Titan, and we're going to have to fight it in one of the most hosed up plot twists in XIV's history.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Power Slash now gets the same potency bonus under dark arts that Souleater does in addition to generating One Metric Fuckton of enmity, so that's a nice buff. The response to "less dark arts pls" being "plunge now gets a dark arts bonus" is kinda lolworthy, but between that and sole survivor being usable on bosses it can only be good for DRK's personal damage.

The dark mind + shadow wall buffs seem kinda nuts, also? Like IMO DRK's mitigation was fine before with TBN and the old dark mind, but you're gonna have shadow wall + TBN up for drat near every buster now.

Sade fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 18, 2018

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Klades posted:

Well...

Power Slash already had a DA bonus which was a bunch of extra enmity. It's now just less of a DPS loss when you do it. The plunge one seems like it might be clunky but it's still the standard +140 so the main time you'll probably use it is on pull for a good threat starter.
Dark Passenger's cooldown change is a little odd, but at least using it is no longer an outright mistake most of the time since the cost/potency ratio is the same as most DA usages.

Dark Passenger in single target is still not worth it (barring using it to avoid overcapping or squeezing a tiny bit more damage into group buffs) because it isn't effected by slashing debuff. It's an even bigger gain in aoe, though, so that's nice. DA Plunge seems like it's mostly going to be used to pick up adds.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

quote:

Players can now exchange Rabanastran coins and one other currency for ryumyaku weave and ryumyaku polish by speaking with Eschina in Rhalgr's Reach (X:13.8 Y:11.8).
The new currency can be obtained from the new alliance raid, the Ridorana Lighthouse.

Am I reading this right in that each 360-370 upgrade requires a run of both the new raid and the old one?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's how it worked in HW, yeah, you eventually needed all 3 coins to get the last upgrade item.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Midnightghoul posted:

Am I reading this right in that each 360-370 upgrade requires a run of both the new raid and the old one?

Correct, which is the same as it was during HW

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Glamour plates can be linked to gear sets woop

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

DRK: Fairly pleased with some of the changes, mostly the decreased shadow wall cd and plunge not having that weird animation lock on it. Sole Survivor not being completely useless is nice I guess.

MNK: Lol at purification getting the enmity drop. I don't really understand the Brotherhood effect, but I guess it means more chakra stuff.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 18, 2018

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Do they usually make upgrade items available via hunts with this patch or do they wait until the upgrade items are worthless in the following patch?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Do they usually make upgrade items available via hunts with this patch or do they wait until the upgrade items are worthless in the following patch?

I think I saw a new clan mark log being mentioned, so the answer is "probably"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Mythic Logs (the current ones that can be traded in for Lost Allagan twine/glaze) were added in 4.1, so yeah, the new mark log should let you get Ryumyaku twine/glaze.