Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Force Power is a slot?? So, Force Power upgrades??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I like this: there are generic Inquisitors in the TIE Adv Prototype with a force point. Costs more than the non-force generic, of course.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ConfusedUs posted:

Whoa, they literally balanced the entire game around the TIE Fighter, which is unchanged. Anything whose defenses were too strong for TIEs had those defenses nerfed.

Petition to rename the game TIE Fighter

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Petition to rename the game TIE Fighter

X-Wing vs TIE Fighter

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I like that they made Soontirs ability dependant on offense and it now requires some talent

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Finster Dexter posted:

Sabine is interesting

I missed sabine what does she do?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

Force Power is a slot?? So, Force Power upgrades??

Yup. We've seen 2 so far - sense is Intel Agent at 0-1, spend a force for 1-3. Instinctive Aim is Deadeye, but spending a force rather than a focus.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

HLC being bullseye only is good

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

alg posted:

I like that they made Soontirs ability dependant on offense and it now requires some talent

Goddamnit, more details! All my hopes and dreams on XW2E are pinned on Interceptors being viable again!

Also, how do bombs work, in general, in 2.0? Are they still autodamage? Or do defense dice work now?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Anticipating the inevitable gallery of screenshots on all of these reveals. They aren't keeping a few things on screen long enough for me to both read and process with my broke brain.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Modifications are no longer universal. They're an upgrade bar item now. Scyk has three, Interceptor has two, some ships have none.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Goddamnit, more details! All my hopes and dreams on XW2E are pinned on Interceptors being viable again!

Also, how do bombs work, in general, in 2.0? Are they still autodamage? Or do defense dice work now?

They drop in the System Phase (before activation, after planning). They typically deal small amounts of damage, no defense dice.

Seismic Charges blow up rocks and everyone in range 1 of the rock (not in range 1 of the bomb) takes 1 damage.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

Anticipating the inevitable gallery of screenshots on all of these reveals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8kf28y/rebel_conversion_kit_unboxing/
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8kf8jx/imperial_conversion_kit_unboxing/

Don't have a scum link yet (reveals still in progress)

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 18, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Moralo's ability is now that he can fly off the board and come back twice, lol.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
So apparently one of the YV-666 pilots has the ability to fly off the board and re-appear somewhere else next turn????? That seems trolly as hell.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LanceKing2200 posted:

So apparently one of the YV-666 pilots has the ability to fly off the board and re-appear somewhere else next turn????? That seems trolly as hell.

I love it.

Stream over.

Saved here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262756602

Fun starts at the 15 minute mark.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Also the imperial fanboys in the twitch chat were the saltiest people i've ever seen, holy poo poo.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

Also the imperial fanboys in the twitch chat were the saltiest people i've ever seen, holy poo poo.

Why? I loved almost everything I saw. They literally balanced the game around the TIE Fighter!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I added all this info to the OP.

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262756602

And all three faction galleries over on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8kf28y/rebel_conversion_kit_unboxing/
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8kf8jx/imperial_conversion_kit_unboxing/
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8kfk95/scum_conversion_kit_unboxing/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Holy poo poo Moralo's ability is literally that thing from Scooby-Doo where the bad guy walks out of frame in one door then reappears in the door on the same side down the hall.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Why? I loved almost everything I saw. They literally balanced the game around the TIE Fighter!

It's probably that they are going to be balanced by their points cost, which we don't get to see yet. Other than Vader and the Defenders the Imp ships are notably worse than their Rebel and Scum counterparts, but I guarantee they will be 10-20 points less per ship.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
The aliteration on the subtitle of each version of IG-88 is amazing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LanceKing2200 posted:

It's probably that they are going to be balanced by their points cost, which we don't get to see yet. Other than Vader and the Defenders the Imp ships are notably worse than their Rebel and Scum counterparts, but I guarantee they will be 10-20 points less per ship.

I'm all for the standard Imp list being 4-5 ships, with rebels being 3-4, and scum being 2-3.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kadath posted:

I literally groaned out loud and send a FB message to a friend.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kadath posted:

What was it?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

LanceKing2200 posted:

Some of the ships got more reasonable, some of the ships got more subtle improvements. The generics having the action economy mechanics is really good, too.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Moralo is going to be a beast. A YV-666 that doesn't need to turn around seems like so much fun.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

AndyElusive posted:

What was it?

IG-88A: Agressive Automaton
IG-88B: Brutal Battledroid
IG-88C: Conniving Contraption
IG-88D: Deadly Device

The alteration is preserved in at least the German translation, possibly in others.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Jumpmaster dial is a bit of a turd but maybe it has something else going on.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Panzeh posted:

Jumpmaster dial is a bit of a turd

It's about time

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif

DogCop posted:

Moralo is going to be a beast. A YV-666 that doesn't need to turn around seems like so much fun.

Deploy against the side of the map, facing the side of the map.

Turn 2: HEY GUYS, WHAT'S UP!

Good way to scare people into rushing forward.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Poopy Palpy posted:

The alteration is preserved in at least the German translation, possibly in others.

I thought i wouldn't like the subtitles to start with but this one persuaded me :3

I'm pretty hype overall, but dang, some of those rebel ships. The Outrider is pretty hellish.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm not sure people realize that mobile arcs are not the same as massive donuts.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Are we ready to start the typo counter?

Caption Rex

Seriously it's spelled correctly 3/4 times on the SAME CARD how do you gently caress that up?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Poopy Palpy posted:

:allears:

I'm glad to see that Brobots will probably survive into 2.0 and they made IG-88A a million times better.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What happens if the YV that can fly off the board is the only ship left for that player. Does "in reserve" have a special meaning?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

banned from Starbucks posted:

What happens if the YV that can fly off the board is the only ship left for that player. Does "in reserve" have a special meaning?

It's tough to say until we get the rules in hand.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

darkroot posted:

Deploy against the side of the map, facing the side of the map.

Turn 2: HEY GUYS, WHAT'S UP!

Good way to scare people into rushing forward.

A YV-666 pincer attack with Bossk coming from the front and Moralo teleporting from behind is gonna be my jam. Hopefully they make the Nashtah Pup worthwhile too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DogCop posted:

A YV-666 pincer attack with Bossk coming from the front and Moralo teleporting from behind is gonna be my jam. Hopefully they make the Nashtah Pup worthwhile too.

Just ditch the Nashta Pup entirely. You shouldn't be rewarded for losing a ship by getting another ship. Put your points into something else that will help your 666 survive.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You can dock n'dru in a 666 now.

The nashta pup is a discount Z-95 that can only come out involuntarily.