Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

AutismVaccine posted:

Are we playing Love Pledge right now? Are we trapped in Love Pledge? :tinfoil:
can you really be trapped when you have the freedom to do anything and everything?

*anything coming in a future update
*everything coming after that, please see the Love Pledge roadmap for further information

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Blue On Blue posted:

And reminds him every single time he tries to do something other than order a sandwich at the local diner across the street from the strip club his wife is now the marketing director for

Sandwich of the Day: Sandi's Cut

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Ghostlight posted:

No, EvilMerlin is right. There's nothing anyone can say to convince either side that they are wrong.

The whole thing is at the point where all the talking is immaterial. Goons think Citizens are deranged idiot dreamers, and Citizens think goons are some kind of 9/11-level conspiracy auteurs. It's the actions that will sway either side.

The only thing that will convince goons that they are wrong is CIG starting to produce real concrete progress toward exiting their multiple-year alpha rather than simply saying they are getting there inch by inch while simultaneously pushing back the inch deliverables.

The only thing that will convince Citizens that they are wrong is the slow recognition of this pattern of CIG's failure to improve and fix what's already in the game, failure to deliver on existing promises, while continuing to make new promises about the next patch.

Technically I am both a goon and a Citizen...

I'm totally hosed!

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Hav posted:

So why did you pay ten bucks?

Why? Because.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Because either he's not the same Evil Merlin as from reddit, or he fell into the "I'll spy on what they do when the paywall is up" thing and then realized we actually mostly talk about anything but Star Citizen lol.

Got any cool pets, Merlin?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
you couldn't stop me from talking about star citizen on last weeks ARGcast

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I am looking forward to play SC if the citizens remain this triggered.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

his nibs posted:

Jokes on you.

Star Citizen is out and good, and I'm getting 90 fps with VR support shooting human-like AIs in the face and playing with my friends in 200 Vs 200 space battles.

Proc gen monocles are good too

Hmm, my tub of Crisco against your SC wonderland winner rubs until raw.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

/r/starcitizen, the guys who famously poo poo on "Big Publishers" for the visual downgrades in games between reveal and release, finally asking the tough questions (sort of):

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Beet Wagon posted:

Because either he's not the same Evil Merlin as from reddit, or he fell into the "I'll spy on what they do when the paywall is up" thing and then realized we actually mostly talk about anything but Star Citizen lol.

Got any cool pets, Merlin?

Two cats, two dogs and two horses...

Sometimes my hair.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

EvilMerlin posted:

Two cats, two dogs and two horses...

And just like that i'm jealous. Do they get along ?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Archering this news from another source. The Squadron 42 mailing list recruits have been refactored.

May 13:

May 18:

Robert Space Industry posted:

ENLIST TODAY
AND JOIN THE 2027853 RECRUITS

Curiously, the number of recruits is relatively close to the nominal number of "citizens", but not identical.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Neltharak posted:

And just like that i'm jealous. Do they get along ?

Our newest cat (Thorin, he was a rescue so we didn't change his name) is fine with the other cat, and the dogs and horses.
The other cat (Cook), isn't a fan of Thorin, the younger dog whom just wants to play with him and won't go near the horses.

The two dogs are fine with everyone.

The two horses are fine with everyone and totally love the two dogs.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Wow. They've really gotten so quick to jump on anything negative as being goonfud, they're even tearing into BDT. That is pretty amazing, and Mirificus needs to post more of this.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Sup bros, I'm up!

https://i.imgur.com/yR2loVc.gifv

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I loving hate this movie so loving much.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Stop giving your dog Adderall

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Holy loving Zoomies.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

EvilMerlin posted:

Our newest cat (Thorin, he was a rescue so we didn't change his name) is fine with the other cat, and the dogs and horses.
The other cat (Cook), isn't a fan of Thorin, the younger dog whom just wants to play with him and won't go near the horses.

The two dogs are fine with everyone.

The two horses are fine with everyone and totally love the two dogs.

It's always the one cat, isn't it. Everyone gets along perfectly, but the cat has to be a dick. Anyway it's awesome you got a rescue cat :)

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Neltharak posted:

It's always the one cat, isn't it. Everyone gets along perfectly, but the cat has to be a dick. Anyway it's awesome you got a rescue cat :)

Actually all six of them are rescues. Thorin is simply the newest addition (October of 2017).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AutismVaccine posted:

just The Titanic

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

I loving hate this movie so loving much.

The second one is worse. Unless that is from the second one. I honestly don't know.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Beet Wagon posted:

The second one is worse. Unless that is from the second one. I honestly don't know.

Its from the first one...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EvilMerlin posted:

Its from the first one...

Those were both drunk redbox movies for me lol. I honestly don't know anything about them except "douchey magic guys have a heist"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AutismVaccine posted:

Has anybody called you oniichan today? that's a clear indicator.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Beet Wagon posted:

Those were both drunk redbox movies for me lol. I honestly don't know anything about them except "douchey magic guys have a heist"

My ex loved the first movie for whatever reason. I saw it far too many times. No clue why I just didn't nap, or cut myself... And yeah "douche magic guys have a heist" is exactly it. Times 2.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

We need Derek back. Beet your in charge of this one.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

Has anybody called you oniichan today? that's a clear indicator.

Errr.... no...

*opens waifu-chan's settings and changes mode of address*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

We need Derek back. Beet your in charge of this one.

http://dereksmart.com/forum/

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I am really starting to get the impression you do not like that guy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If people want to post with derek there is a place they can do that, I'm just trying to help.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

I'm just trying to help.

This is what I love the most about you friendo. Never change.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

EightAce posted:

.... Not a finance guy so excuse the questions. If someone was to pay themselves a large wage and a dividend and a yearly bonus and the same for their wife and Brother . Then say that the money ran out and this persons company was being sued for upward of 40 million dollars and they owed loans in excess of 30 million dollars to various banks around the world .Are they protected by having 16 different companies or are the personally liable for any monies ? Will the government agencies that have been building cases for the last 7 months be take pity and be reasonable or will they be nasty fudsters as well
Also where is MoMa ? I hope he's ok wherever he is...

It depends on how well lawyers can argue that the corporate veil should be pierced. And a lot of that would depend on how other executives at other studios are compensated. It's usually difficult to do unless fraud can be proven and usually it's the government that does it. Once the government proves its case it's easier to go after whatever is left in terms of personal assets via civil courts. It's why you form a LLC or Corporation. I've had businesses that have failed that I walked away from losing only whatever I had originally invested. You just have to be careful, especially in small businesses, about never giving a personal guarantee. I know plenty of people who did the same thing in 2008 when they had bought investment properties and the market crashed. Each property they owned was owned by a different LLC. Right now I have 3 different LLC's active. One for our farms, one for my software/consulting business, and another for dealing in estate sales. If one of those went tits up, I could walk away.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

It depends on how well lawyers can argue that the corporate veil should be pierced. And a lot of that would depend on how other executives at other studios are compensated. It's usually difficult to do unless fraud can be proven and usually it's the government that does it. Once the government proves its case it's easier to go after whatever is left in terms of personal assets via civil courts. It's why you form a LLC or Corporation. I've had businesses that have failed that I walked away from losing only whatever I had originally invested. You just have to be careful, especially in small businesses, about never giving a personal guarantee. I know plenty of people who did the same thing in 2008 when they had bought investment properties and the market crashed. Each property they owned was owned by a different LLC. Right now I have 3 different LLC's active. One for our farms, one for my software/consulting business, and another for dealing in estate sales. If one of those went tits up, I could walk away.

The Woodbridge Investments real-estate Ponzi scheme had 265 LLCs, so Ortwin needs to get cracking.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
7K pages since i was last here we were doing bears. by ben, are we talking about fat guy ben?
Has CIG been hosed into the ground yet?

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Blue On Blue posted:

I repeat that anyone losing their job sucks , especially the lower tier folks who probably live check to check and have no savings

People like Chris and ortwin can go get hosed , they have known from day 1 every cent they paid themselves was basically stolen from the actual hard workers for their own enrichment

I just hope the world remembers all the lots chris has told over the years. And reminds him every single time he tries to do something other than order a sandwich at the local diner across the street from the strip club his wife is now the marketing director for

What are you saying. They are set for life. Even if CIG collapsed today they could live the rest of their life in retirement with a comfortable life style. They got millions out of this already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So what y'all tryin to say is.....

Crobberts will definitely hire a body double for his next 350$ whale dinner event.