Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Loss.jpg but in the fourth panel the girl is walking out with another dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

someone post that in the thread

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Barudak posted:

It doesnt, and Id feel like if you accuse a work of being fake you should do your best to critique it as a work of fiction from a specific framework.

For instance, the next person to say this should have to critique the work from Said’s framework of Orientalism and the other.

I feel like if someone calls it fake, they need to come up with a far more entertaining fake tale for us to indulge in.

Also who is so desperate to convince r/relationships about their fake wife/best friend drama?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

People with fetishes, attention seekers, and people with attention fetishes

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I feel like if someone calls it fake, they need to come up with a far more entertaining fake tale for us to indulge in.

Also who is so desperate to convince r/relationships about their fake wife/best friend drama?

Some folks use it to sharpen up their writing, others for the upvotes, and some because fakes stories are a classic trolling technique.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

the fun of trolling is in straddling the line between ridiculousness and believability. that's just a boring soap opera plot

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

the fun of trolling is in straddling the line between ridiculousness and believability. that's just a boring soap opera plot

But enough about Game of Thrones.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Why is it important to establish whether it's fake or not, how does it affect people's reactions to the presented story in any way, other than make them less likely to chime in?

Its not important at all but some people just have a really strong desire to say GOTCHA

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
It is pretty funny to imagine him carefully writing down everything that was said. "Hang on I have to remember this for the internet later! *scribbles furiously*"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Why is my[26M] wife[31F] behaving so strangely?

My wife [31F] and I [26M] were good swimmers in our undergraduate days. Recently, she drew my attention to the fact that we've never competed against each other and challenged me to a race. I gladly accepted.

We made a bet that the loser would have to admit defeat in the presence of our six year old daughter upon her return from school. We raced each other today and I won quite comfortably.

My wife now seems to have certain misgivings about revealing the outcome to our daughter. In fact,she suggested sex tonight as an alternative. I have never seen her behave so strangely. It is true that I have been longing for physical intimacy for the past few days but I never intended it to be the consequence of our bet.

I sat down with her and asked her if she was particularly troubled about anything. She told me that our little girl has this strange notion that her Mamma never loses at anything because she is 'beautiful' and my wife doesn't want to disillusion her. I tried convincing her but to no avail.

In fact, she questioned me in return whether I didn't want to have sex with her. I am in a dilemma. Should I dispel my daughter's false notion that 'pretty' girls always win or should I accept my wife's offer?

TL;DR: My wife does not want our daughter to realize that 'pretty' women need not always win. Her uncharacteristic behavior is quite perplexing. What should I do?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Smirking_Serpent posted:

maybe if this guy accepts his wife's weird kink of having sex extracted from her via physical challenges and feats of strength then he'll stop writing like an rear end in a top hat who just ate a thesaurus

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

quote:

TL;DR: My wife does not want our daughter to realize that 'pretty' women need not always win. Her uncharacteristic behavior is quite perplexing. What should I do?

christ dude, just gently caress your wife and let your daughter think her mom is perfect for six more years until she starts hating her

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I have quite the dilemma, do I humiliate my wife in front of a 6 year old or just have sex with my gross no competition wife?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I have never had a good experience competing with a lady that I've known, as a friend or romantic partner.

If you win, you lose, and if you lose, you lose. Either way I advise against it.

Also the use of sex as a prize seems bad to me, it's cool if they like it and it works for them, but I'm not a huge fan of that style.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i used to date a woman who would purposely start fights so we could have makeup sex so having to defeat my wife in an athletic challenge before sex happens at least is good cardio

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just gently caress her then afterwards bellow out “I have conquered you, woman!” and when your daughter asks flex your muscles saying that she shares the blood of a man who keeps what he kills.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife [31F] and I [26M] were good swimmers in our undergraduate days. Recently, she drew my attention to the fact that we've never competed against each other and challenged me to a race. I gladly accepted.

We made a bet that the loser would have to admit defeat in the presence of our six year old daughter upon her return from school. We raced each other today and I won quite comfortably.

My wife now seems to have certain misgivings about revealing the outcome to our daughter. In fact,she suggested sex tonight as an alternative. I have never seen her behave so strangely. It is true that I have been longing for physical intimacy for the past few days but I never intended it to be the consequence of our bet.

I sat down with her and asked her if she was particularly troubled about anything. She told me that our little girl has this strange notion that her Mamma never loses at anything because she is 'beautiful' and my wife doesn't want to disillusion her. I tried convincing her but to no avail.

In fact, she questioned me in return whether I didn't want to have sex with her. I am in a dilemma. Should I dispel my daughter's false notion that 'pretty' girls always win or should I accept my wife's offer?

quote:

We made a bet that the loser would have to admit defeat in the presence of our six year old daughter upon her return from school.

lmao what the gently caress

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i'd rather be the guy whose wife makes him climb the aggro crag than the guy whose wife demands he assemble that loving silver monkey

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

Just gently caress her then afterwards bellow out “I have conquered you, woman!” and when your daughter asks flex your muscles saying that she shares the blood of a man who keeps what he kills.

this is me and my wife's foreplay every night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAFsAeI7kPM

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I do applaud the wife for trying to set a positive role model for the daughter, that she can be both pretty and work hard to succeed is an important lesson to convey, imo. That seems like the whole point of announcing it in front of the daughter, to show her that mom was able to beat dad and that she's not lesser than a man or whatever you want to explain.

Picking a sport seems like a remarkably bad idea due to the performance difference between men and women so uhh, good idea terrible execution?

I think it would be better if she saw the father as the ally in this and they work together to come up with a good example for their daughter, instead of trying to make it this kind of dumb competition and then being cagey when it doesn't work. I think it's better if she's honest and communicates clearly with her husband about what she's trying to do.

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 18, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Make sure you cum first so she knows who is truly the fastest of all.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

boner confessor posted:

i'd rather be the guy whose wife makes him climb the aggro crag than the guy whose wife demands he assemble that loving silver monkey

that rear end in a top hat show cheated those kids by having two different monkey statues they'd swap out occasionally, only one of which actually locked into place like they were supposed to

aggro crag was way more fair

Barudak
May 7, 2007

boner confessor posted:

The silver monkey is my nickname for the clitoris and its pretty accurate to how badly most men fumble at it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Electric Wizard owns

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

The silver monkey is my nickname for the clitoris and its pretty accurate to how badly most men fumble at it.

if this is a vagina metaphor i'm the aztec guy lurking in the background who pops out to terrify children

Barudak
May 7, 2007

boner confessor posted:

if this is a vagina metaphor i'm the aztec guy lurking in the background who pops out to terrify children

Hes the Dentata

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boner confessor posted:

In that case, I'm the Silver Snakes, who I'm pretty sure never actually made it into the Hidden Temple

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I never noticed the temple guards had headphones on

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

I never noticed the temple guards had headphones on

They got told where kids were to stop them to reduce the amount of winners. Legends of the Hidden Temple had a set amount of prizes to give out a season, so if a kid needed to lose he needed to lose

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I [late 20s M] can't stop laughing whenever I see my [early 20s F] gf's ex [early 20s M]

Been with the girl for a year now, moving in together next month. We have a great story for how we met, the relations gone really well, our personalities compliment each other, and both of us want the same things out of life.

We live in a mid-sized midwestern city. I'm a mid-career professional and the girl just graduated and is starting her career. She's a local who stayed for college and wants to move away in 1-2 years, after she gains some experience within her field.

We've got a great social life and are both very outgoing. We go out around 3-4 nights a week socializing at bars, going to shows, playing sports (rowing in the summer, skiing in the winter, biking all-year) and save one day a week for a just us date night.

When the girl was in her second year of uni, she was out skiing with her ex when she had a serious accident resulting in severe head trauma and sudden onset of a disseminated intravascular coagulation disorder. She had severe bleeding in her brain from the accident and wasn't expected to live. Thanks to some world-class care at the Mayo Clinic, she managed to make a full recovery.

While she was in the hospital, she was put into an induced coma. When she awoke, her ex decided that it would be a perfect time to break up with her.

When we go out, we've started seeing her ex at the bar just around the corner more frequently. Over the past few months, shes confided in me how hosed up her relationship with her ex was and how grateful she is to have me around. One of the things I learned about her ex is that he liked to auto-flaggulate.

IMO breaking up with someone the first time you see them after they wake up from a coma tends to make you a cocksucker. Now, I know her ex is literally a cocksucker. What I learned last night, tho, takes the cake.

Not only is the dude a cocksucker, he's a dogfucker. Early in his teen years he'd gently caress the family dog.

Girl's with me, she's more mature now than when she was in a relationship with her ex, realizes that its not healthy in a relationship to go in thinking you can 'fix' the other person while making excuses for their poor behavior, etc etc. So whats the problem?

We bumped into her ex last night and I couldn't stop myself from hysterically laughing. I kept thinking of horrible dogfucker and cocksucker puns and can't keep from laughing. I'm afraid that whenever I see him, I'm just gonna end up laughing at him. Unfortunately, he's been going to the bar just around the corner from us more and more lately.

Reddit, what should I do? Should I grow up and quit laughing at the cocksucking dogfucker? Or should I keep making puns of the dogs name with the gf? So far she seems receptive to making dogfucker puns, but I fear there's only so many stupid jokes about a dogfucker you can make before it gets old.

tl;dr gf's ex is a cocksucker and a dogfucker, figuratively and literally. How do I handle this?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

They got told where kids were to stop them to reduce the amount of winners. Legends of the Hidden Temple had a set amount of prizes to give out a season, so if a kid needed to lose he needed to lose

this hidden temple = female anatomy metaphor just keeps getting more profound, good lord

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Barudak posted:

That's hilarious because 95% of the prizes on that show were Neslie's Quick

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Brother Entropy posted:

that rear end in a top hat show cheated those kids by having two different monkey statues they'd swap out occasionally, only one of which actually locked into place like they were supposed to

:xcom:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It is true that I have been longing for physical intimacy for the past few days

This is the saddest line in the whole goddamn thead

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Clark Nova posted:

This is the saddest line in the whole goddamn thead

Yeah that and then using sex as a transaction in lieu of following through on the bet are real bad ways of dealing with things, imo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My Imaginary GF posted:

I [late 20s M] can't stop laughing whenever I see my [early 20s F] gf's ex [early 20s M]

Been with the girl for a year now, moving in together next month. We have a great story for how we met, the relations gone really well, our personalities compliment each other, and both of us want the same things out of life.

We live in a mid-sized midwestern city. I'm a mid-career professional and the girl just graduated and is starting her career. She's a local who stayed for college and wants to move away in 1-2 years, after she gains some experience within her field.

We've got a great social life and are both very outgoing. We go out around 3-4 nights a week socializing at bars, going to shows, playing sports (rowing in the summer, skiing in the winter, biking all-year) and save one day a week for a just us date night.

When the girl was in her second year of uni, she was out skiing with her ex when she had a serious accident resulting in severe head trauma and sudden onset of a disseminated intravascular coagulation disorder. She had severe bleeding in her brain from the accident and wasn't expected to live. Thanks to some world-class care at the Mayo Clinic, she managed to make a full recovery.

While she was in the hospital, she was put into an induced coma. When she awoke, her ex decided that it would be a perfect time to break up with her.

When we go out, we've started seeing her ex at the bar just around the corner more frequently. Over the past few months, shes confided in me how hosed up her relationship with her ex was and how grateful she is to have me around. One of the things I learned about her ex is that he liked to auto-flaggulate.

IMO breaking up with someone the first time you see them after they wake up from a coma tends to make you a cocksucker. Now, I know her ex is literally a cocksucker. What I learned last night, tho, takes the cake.

Not only is the dude a cocksucker, he's a dogfucker. Early in his teen years he'd gently caress the family dog.

Girl's with me, she's more mature now than when she was in a relationship with her ex, realizes that its not healthy in a relationship to go in thinking you can 'fix' the other person while making excuses for their poor behavior, etc etc. So whats the problem?

We bumped into her ex last night and I couldn't stop myself from hysterically laughing. I kept thinking of horrible dogfucker and cocksucker puns and can't keep from laughing. I'm afraid that whenever I see him, I'm just gonna end up laughing at him. Unfortunately, he's been going to the bar just around the corner from us more and more lately.

Reddit, what should I do? Should I grow up and quit laughing at the cocksucking dogfucker? Or should I keep making puns of the dogs name with the gf? So far she seems receptive to making dogfucker puns, but I fear there's only so many stupid jokes about a dogfucker you can make before it gets old.

tl;dr gf's ex is a cocksucker and a dogfucker, figuratively and literally. How do I handle this?

Dear Reddit a jilted ex with severe head trauma is telling everyone I gently caress dogs, how can I convince them she needs to speak to a doctor?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My Imaginary GF posted:

WTF is auto-flaggulate?! He keeps calling the guy a cocksucker, so did he mean auto-fellatio? Everybody in this story sounds like a douchebag, particularly OP.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

That story was written to gloat, there is 0 request for advice in there. He's just sharing his conquest of a brain damaged girl with the world, ever so proud of his accomplishment.

He got her, from the ex. The coma maiden, it's a lot like snow white. And now she's mature, learned a bunch of poo poo from him. Holy gently caress that dude.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Jokes on him, that just means the ex bf had a big enough dick to self suck, low key complimenting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

dudeness posted:

Jokes on him, that just means the ex bf had a big enough dick to self suck, low key complimenting him.

There once was a dogfucker from Nantucket